Any Bodybuilders Here?

Paji, did you actually read my post? I don't think we disagree....What I said was....

Weight training is good if you are preparing for other sports though, or just for general health, but the extremism involved in BODY-BUILDING is going to take you away from chardi-kalla.

Do forgive me, I didn't mean to give the impression of ignorance.

Forgive me, but I have edited my post to make myself more clear.

I just realised that when I talk abotu body building, I mean building a body rather than training a body, and some people may not appreciate this subtle difference. Obviously you know that body building can lead to bad habits. Done naturally, and complemented with other trianing methods, weight trianing is excellent.

In fact, I recommended it to my dad who is retiring...after a medical examination of course.

:-)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Understood Ji,

And in regards to that new link posted, it has much reference to steroids etc. Which is the opposite of what individuals will gain from the threads I will be posting here.

Please see the thread as posted above.

Basically, people will be better off getting scientifically validated advice (which I can back up with evidence) rather than some other bodybuilding/weightlifting forum.

Firstly steroids is hyped in magazines and 99% of people with bulging biceps and veins showing are on steroids.

Natural training is a whole different arena, It is about staying healthy, and creating a positive discipline lifestyle to augment the naturally spiritual lifestyle of the householder. If the youth are interested in bodybuilding because of big muscles, then so be it, at least they will have guidance from here as opposed to some sterioded out forum.

And please do read the evidence I have placed on that other thread:

examples include why Medicine is the 3rd leading cause of all deaths, weight training is for the young and old (better than ending up in a hospice when you retire because of some stroke), it is A PART of discilined healthy householder living, not apart from it.

Regards

as posted by sukha singh in some other thread

Sanjam Kiriya Waryam is the best thing for non weighted strength, stamina, agility and flexibility training, this is a martial yoga which was practised Indian Pehlwaans and Warriors. However, this is only taught in a few places.

For just strength and dynamic power you should do Dand (shown on that combat fitness as the "Hindu Squat") and also Behtak, which are standing unweighted squats, you could include a jump inbetween each squat to increase stamina and your heart rate. Make sure you go down to 90 degrees on the squat and not lower, keep your feet shoulder width apart and dont flail your knees out as that will damage them.

For the above, you should spend at least 20 minutes warming up, then do a cycle of:

5 Dand, then 15 Behtak

10 Dand then 30 Behtak

15 Dand then 45 Behtak

If you can do more then that, then just multiply your Dand by 3 and carry on.

There is no rest period in between, jus keep going through it till your body fails. When you do fail, rest for a bit then start over again.

This should give you a basic all body routine with just 2 core excercises. Go into it slowly and ease yourself into the routine, dont focus on the speed, focus on the form. Any questions drop a message.

Fateh all ,

am a sports scientist, and Bulking up is not all about going to the gym and working out you also need to be on a high protein diet and Also a good exercise plan..

I would strongly recommend you to have a word with a PT and ask for some advice, However I will help you get started.

First I strongly recommend you to focus on your diet, find out your body mass index, (BMI), find out how much your recommended daily intake should be..

Secondly to build muscle and maintain weight you must eat at least four small meals a day, which has to consist of a healthy balanced diet, and this is very vital..

building muscle takes a very long time, low fat milk and soya meat is good sources for protein, eat more fibre, and 5 fruits and 5 veg a day, cut down most fats, so less or no butter in food and plenty plenty of water...

Working out at the gym: remember you need to do a full body work out, 20 to 30mins of cardio could be treadmill, skipping jogging etc, then go on to the machines and free weights, low reps and high weights.

Hope this helps if you need more advice feel free to ask.

Fateh all. :):):) .

would it not be better to do cardio AFTER weights? from my own experience i have found doing weights before is much better, can get more lifts, and heavier lifts. if you want to gain muscle mass, lay off the cardio for a while take some mass gain shakes but check the nutritional info as some are high in saturated fats and cholestrol. i reccomend Met-Rx size up, or Muscle Fuel Mass, both are high in protein and high in carbs, carbs is the key to gaining mass.

would it not be better to do cardio AFTER weights? from my own experience i have found doing weights before is much better, can get more lifts, and heavier lifts. if you want to gain muscle mass, lay off the cardio for a while take some mass gain shakes but check the nutritional info as some are high in saturated fats and cholestrol. i reccomend Met-Rx size up, or Muscle Fuel Mass, both are high in protein and high in carbs, carbs is the key to gaining mass.

it all depends on the individual what works for you might not work for others, I just go by the ACSM guidelines as I Recommend cardio before weights is so my clients gives them a full body work out , don’t forget building muscle mite look good from the out side but not necessarily meaning your healthy overall. However you should be healthier overall, and cardio helps to prevent chronic disease..

supplements and powder protein drinks don’t have any effect as its not scenically proven with the amount they recommend this is due to the amount they recommend is more likely to be not even a quarter amount needed for you to see improvement they are more of a money making shceme...

eating from natural sources is much more of a healthier option, and for carbs, depending on what type of cab, Simple carbohydrates or simple sugars – These carbs are broken down and digested very quickly, fast release energy, which means you use some of the energy but end up storing most as fat, and when you’ve used that energy you start dipping and breaking down muscle mass for energy, Complex carbohydrates The complex are a better option as they take longer to digest and are packed with fiber less likely to burn muscle for energy.

Fateh :):)