Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Ji Khalsa Dhadrianwale (18th April '08 - 11 May '08)

Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Ji's 2008 California (U.S.A.) Visit for Gurmat Parchaar

DIWAAN SCHEDULE

(City)

(Day, Date, Time)

Yuba City, CA Harter Yard Behind Wal-Mart

Friday, 18 April 6pm to 9pm

Saturday, 19 April 6pm to 9pm

Sunday, 20 April 6pm to 9pm

Bakersfield, CA Sikh Temple Guru Angad Darbar

Monday, 21 April 6pm to 9pm

Tuesday, 22 April 6pm to 9pm

Los Angeles, CA

Wednesday, 23 April 6pm to 9pm

Thursday, 24 April 9am to 12pm

Fresno, CA Guru Nanak Prakash

Friday, 25 April 9am to 12pm

Saturday, 26 April 9am to 12pm

Stockton, CA Gurdwara Sahib

Friday, 25 April 6pm to 9pm

Saturday, 26 April 6pm to 9pm

Sunday, 27 April 6pm to 9pm

Fremont, CA Gurdwara Sahib

Monday, 28 April 6pm to 9pm

Tuesday, 29 April 6pm to 9pm

Wednesday, 30 April 6pm to 9pm

Fresno, CA New Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib

Friday, 2 May 9am to 12pm

Kerman, CA Gurdwara Anandgarh Sahib

Saturday, 3 May 9am to 12pm

Sunday, 4 May 9am to 12pm

Turlock, CA 1000 Glenwood Rd.

Saturday, 3 May 6pm to 9pm

Sunday, 4 May 6pm to 9pm

Renton, WA

Monday, 5 May 6pm to 9pm

Tuesday, 6 May 6pm to 9pm

Salem, OR

Wednesday, 7 May 11am to 2pm

El Sobrante, CA Gurdwara Sahib

Friday, 9 May 9am to 12pm

Saturday, 10 May 9am to 12pm

Sunday, 11 May 9am to 12pm

Sacramento, CA Gurdwara Sahib Bradshaw

Friday, 9 May 6pm to 9pm

Saturday, 10 May 6pm to 9pm

Sunday, 11 May 6pm to 9pm

The second post in this topic that contains the poster has been edited/updated with this information of the diwaans.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kachi bani, can be bani that has been slightly changed by someone for their own silly intentions, or 'bani' made from scratch lol by someone that is trying to attract the sangat to themselves rather than guru ji, however baba ji falls into none of these categories. when we go to gurdwara on sundays we listen to kathavachaks, kaveesheries (people hu do poems) and dhadis, we do not call these kachi bani becuase they are not, these are different ways of explaining guru jis bani and telling history, these are different ways of steering sangat towards guru ji. like a kathavachak might do katha on this line

naam bihoon jeevan koun kaam |1| rehaao |

Without the Naam, of what use are their lives? ||1||Pause||

and in panjabi he might explain, naam toh bina, ohna jindagia da ke faida?

a kaveesheree will make this into a poem and make it ryhme n wat not, similary baba ji useing a very old tecnique of dharna used by mahapurkhs like sant isher singh ji, will sing this translation, maybe like this

'Banda bandgi toh behgehr kiseh kam da nehi!'

he uses dharna to sing translations and to tell history, you will notice this when you listen to baba ji and also notice how he always talks about amrit and guru ji and guru jis bani only and never him self or any other people.

sant jarnail singh ji use to sing 'SIR JAVEH TA JAVEH MERA SIKHI SIDHAK NA JAVEH!' is this kachi bani? no, this is a way to motivate the sangat n to pump the sangat exactly wat baba ji does, wen he sumtyms sings ' EH KAUM HEH BABBARA SHERA DEE' the singing of translations can really have more of a impact,

sant jarnail singh ji, sant isher singh ji jina neh 900.0000 prania nu amrit shakayaa, can these mahapurkhs be wrong, afraid not, even when we are in doubt, we should ask in respect, sir neema kar keh, sanoo kee patha ya? if we still do not agree lets not be rude but simply walk away, bhul chuk maaf guroo guroo

beautiful reply.

u know what guys who don't really try to or want to read all the posts before u write...i think i repeat thousand times in this thread what i mean when i said kachi.. i thought this was the fourm where all can say whatever they feel like but didn't knew that ppl are gonna take one word even i explained what i mean by that and also i told that in what intention i asked that question.

take care

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

I dont understand why people compare these kachi darna to dadhi to kavishar. These kachi darna are sang in the roop of kirtan rather than dadhi which simply relate history and have there own roop. What ive seen in the darbar is people singing to these kachi darna, we were supposed to get people to join with gurbani. We should encourage the sangat to sing gurbani, not our own chutrai. You also do not hear people sing along to dhadi or kavisar because they are telling a larri, while these kachi darna are presented as a challenge to our gur bani. Why is it a challenge? because when people come out of the darbar, they can tell us the message of flaana flanna sant but not the udesh of Guru Maharaj. It should also be noted that khata is the direct veechar of gurbani lines, not singing of kachi darna.

It makes think how much belief do we have in gurbani, if people can be more quickly influnced by these low level geet/darna then we have not understood the power of gurbani.

bin Sahadai sab jag boorana, birtaa janam gavaya.

Guest peacemaker

Man, this topic should only have replies from the original poster and other people who know Baba ji very well to give correct information. This "disecting" of Baba ji, if you will, doesn't do anyone any good.

If you don't like him, that's fine, but let's not turn this into a War. You're hurting no one but yourself! *Gupt-Kaur* seems to know Baba ji well, so I believe what she is saying! All you haters can go to one of the other 50 million topics and have your War there!

It makes think how much belief do we have in gurbani, if people can be more quickly influnced by these low level geet/darna then we have not understood the power of gurbani.

vaheguru!

some ppl are just too picky, and b4 we start saying stuff, lets find out fully.

Ranjit singh jee targets ppl to take amrit, thats why he does dharna, cuz thats what all the druggies, alchoholics, rapists etc like.. its attractive to their ear.. and if u've seen a divaan, theres always thousands of ppl taking amrit... so he doesn't need to go deep for amritdharis ta learn more cuz thats not his mission ... he wants to attract new ppl into sikhi n for that u gotta start wit the basics and u gotta speak in a language they can understand and relate to... which in this case happens to be dharna, from dharna links in shabads.... think of dharnas as a starting point for many new ppl

would u rather have khalsa panth being druggies etc.. or being gurujee's image.. so please lets give it a rest :)

u just need to knw tht over the past, mahapurakhs join sangat to Guru granth sahib jee, and bani.... never themselves.... if that means singing dharna... then be it.

think of other postitive points.... if it wasnt for gurujees kirpa and ranjeet singh jee's parchar .. joining me to GURUJEE ONLy.. then i would not be where i am 2day :pray: