Kachi Bani

Guest Guest

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An argument against it could be that the bhagats and fakirs sang in the praise of akaal purkh, and these praises are included in Guru Granth Saheb jee, we don't consider them as our Guru, but we sing that baNee because it was approved by Guru Saheb, other baNee that was not approved by Guru Saheb we shouldn't sing. Its like saying, Gurujee, I want to express myself better to akaal purkh than you have done in GurbaaNee, I want to sing this composition by so and so, instead of singing what's written in Guru Granth Saheb isn't that doing beadbi to Guru Saheb? So I don't think its right to sing songs of praises other than gurbaNee, but as long as its according to gurmat, I don't think its wrong either.

Bhul chuk muaf.

Soo doent this mean that all shabads should be sung in raag?

Its better to practise little than talk alot

im going off topic, but o well.... reminds me of this tuk.... how we shudnt spk much...

bwbw bolnw ikAw khIAY ]

baabaa bolanaa kiaa keheeai |

O father, if I speak, what words should I utter?

jYsy rwm nwm riv rhIAY ]1] rhwau ]

jaisae raam naam rav reheeai |1| rehaao |

Speak such words, by which you may remain absorbed in the Name of the Lord. ||1||Pause||

sMqn isau boly aupkwrI ]

santhan sio bolae oupakaaree |

Speaking with the Saints, one becomes generous.

mUrK isau boly JK mwrI ]2]

moorakh sio bolae jhakh maaree |2|

To speak with a fool is to babble uselessly. ||2||

bolq bolq bFih ibkwrw ]

bolath bolath batehi bikaaraa |

By speaking and only speaking, corruption only increases.

ibnu boly ikAw krih bIcwrw ]3]

bin bolae kiaa karehi beechaaraa |3|

If I do not speak, what can the poor wretch do? ||3||

khu kbIr CUCw Gtu bolY ]

kahu kabeer shooshaa ghatt bolai |

Says Kabeer, the empty pitcher makes noise,

BirAw hoie su kbhu n folY ]4]1]

bhariaa hoe s kabahu n ddolai |4|1|

but that which is full makes no sound. ||4||1||

VAHEGUROOOO!!! :D

What the heck with u all. if don't wanna answer a single question abt whom u like than don't even say anything. making a diff topic and using the same word again and again for nothing is not fun aight. ok mai keha c kachi bani tay hun v kehna. i said many times that with kachi bani i mean to say that is not in sggs ji and i stand on that.. if u can't handle any question for the person u like or u dunn wanna answer thatz fine with me and one more thing j pangay paun nu auna hunda a tay apni original id tay ao not as a annonymous.\\

wjkk wjkf

Here's what someone said about this topic:

kachi bani, can be bani that has been slightly changed by someone for their own silly intentions, or 'bani' made from scratch lol by someone that is trying to attract the sangat to themselves rather than guru ji, however baba ji falls into none of these categories. when we go to gurdwara on sundays we listen to kathavachaks, kaveesheries (people hu do poems) and dhadis, we do not call these kachi bani becuase they are not, these are different ways of explaining guru jis bani and telling history, these are different ways of steering sangat towards guru ji. like a kathavachak might do katha on this line

naam bihoon jeevan koun kaam |1| rehaao |

Without the Naam, of what use are their lives? ||1||Pause||

and in panjabi he might explain, naam toh bina, ohna jindagia da ke faida?

a kaveesheree will make this into a poem and make it ryhme n wat not, similary baba ji useing a very old tecnique of dharna used by mahapurkhs like sant isher singh ji, will sing this translation, maybe like this

'Banda bandgi toh behgehr kiseh kam da nehi!'

he uses dharna to sing translations and to tell history, you will notice this when you listen to baba ji and also notice how he always talks about amrit and guru ji and guru jis bani only and never him self or any other people.

sant jarnail singh ji use to sing 'SIR JAVEH TA JAVEH MERA SIKHI SIDHAK NA JAVEH!' is this kachi bani? no, this is a way to motivate the sangat n to pump the sangat exactly wat baba ji does, wen he sumtyms sings ' EH KAUM HEH BABBARA SHERA DEE' the singing of translations can really have more of a impact,

sant jarnail singh ji, sant isher singh ji jina neh 900.0000 prania nu amrit shakayaa, can these mahapurkhs be wrong, afraid not, even when we are in doubt, we should ask in respect, sir neema kar keh, sanoo kee patha ya? if we still do not agree lets not be rude but simply walk away, bhul chuk maaf guroo guroo

One thing i wanted to mention was that "talikhak" mentioned that it was free thinker like guru nanak and waris, bulle shash etc who helped keep "our" lanaguage alive. To claer things up gurumukhi wasn't used or known of unil GURU ANGAD DEV JI. Waris, Bulla etc used Urdu mixed with Sarda script of Sanskrit. Before Guru Angad Dev ji devised Gurmukhi, gurbani was written in Sarda script.

And if GURU ANGAD DEV JI wanted they could've changed it to Punjabi but they didn't. Punjabi spoken is mix of written Sarda and spoken Urdu, and was called Gurumukhi back then we call it punjabi because its form Punjab. BUT THE MAIN POINT IS GURU NEVER CHANGED THE LIPI INTO "PUNJABI"... then my question is, who are we manmukhs changing it...

Guest relaxsingh

By some of the definitions above, "Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!" and our Jaikarey are also kacchi bani.

You lot should think carefully before you write.