Questions From A Young Christian

Philip777

I think a baby that dies has not yet sinned, so it has nothing that disearves a punishment.

But doesn't Christianity believe that all humans are BORN with sin?

That's why only the gospels that were written by people who either had known Jesus on Earth (Matthex, Mark and John) or who were close to the apostles (Luke) were accepted, and also only those who concorded with the teachings of the apostles.

There are a few diff writers in the bible who never knew Jesus... being close to an apostle doesn't make it the word of God..

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a baby that dies has not yet sinned, so it has nothing that disearves a punishment.

But doesn't Christianity believe that all humans are BORN with sin?

Not exactly : all humans are born as sinners, which meens that in their life noone has the capacity to never commit sin when he is tempted. But a baby never has been tempted.

That's why only the gospels that were written by people who either had known Jesus on Earth (Matthex, Mark and John) or who were close to the apostles (Luke) were accepted, and also only those who concorded with the teachings of the apostles.

There are a few diff writers in the bible who never knew Jesus... being close to an apostle doesn't make it the word of God..

There's one New Testament writer who never knew Jesus : Luke. Hre was a Greek, a surgeon, who became a friend and a companion of the apostle Paul on his voyages. And he wrote a gospel, after having interviewed Mary the mother of Jesus, and the apostles, and after having made precise researches about the life of Jesus. His Gospel was accepted by the apostles since the beginning. It is certainly the Word of God. And he also wrote the Acts of the Apostles, which tells the story of the beginning of the Church. As he was himself part of the first missionnary team and writes of what he himself saw, there's no problem about that.

The other writers are apostles (Matthew, John, Peter), people who were not of the 12 apostles but who knew Jesus and were his companions during his life on Earth (Mark) or physical brothers of Jesus (James and John). Not to forget Paul, who didn't know Jesus during his life, but to whom Jesus appeared personally after his return to Heaven, and who recieved all his teachings from Jesus himself in a vision. And as he met Jesus face to face in a vision, the apostles reckognized him as one of them.

Paul, who didn't know Jesus during his life, but to whom Jesus appeared personally after his return to Heaven, and who recieved all his teachings from Jesus himself in a vision.

Well we can see that Philip777 believes in one version of Christianity - "search google on who wrote the new testament" etc. It will give you a major headache!!

To see the majority list of denominations/sects check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations

Quote "

Note: This is not a complete list, but aims to provide a comprehensible overview of the diversity among denominations of Christianity. As there are reported to be over 38,000 Christian denominations, [1] many of which cannot be verified to be significant, only those denominations with Wikipedia articles will be listed in order to ensure that all entries on this list are notable and verifiable. Note: Between denominations, theologians, and comparative religionists there are considerable disagreements about which groups can be properly called Christian, disagreements arising primarily from doctrinal differences between groups. For the purpose of simplicity, this list is intended to reflect the self-understanding of each denomination. Explanations of different opinions concerning their status as Christian denominations can be found at their respective articles."

I wonder which one believes that Jesus was married or had a common law wife.?

Their believe in the nature of God also defers from sects/demoninations.

It is certainly the Word of God

How do u figure that? As you know, humans are not without sin. So how do u know that the writings compiled in the Bible BY HUMANS were the real teachings of Jesus? Jesus never 'endorsed' the Bible... nor did he compile it... ur argument is flawed by 'blind faith' (in my opinion). Just because the apostles accepted some writings, and they wrote gospels which were input into the bible (YEARS after the 'death' of Jesus), that does not make it Gods word. Anybody could've said 'Jesus said this'. There's no way of knowing what is tru and what is not.

You said u are in search of the Truth; how can you logically think that everything in the bible IS really what Jesus said/preached? How do u know that people did not put their own writings in and proclaim them to be the teachings of Jesus? you do not. Not only that, there is no original text to compare to. That way, texts could have EASILY been tampered with over time.

Not to forget Paul, who didn't know Jesus during his life, but to whom Jesus appeared personally after his return to Heaven, and who recieved all his teachings from Jesus himself in a vision.

Where is there proof of that? Just because he said it, it makes it true? Tomorrow I could say to everybody that Guru Nanak Dev Jee appeared before me in a vision and told me to write more 'hymns' for our Scriptures, does that mean its true? no, not at all. Anybody can proclaim anything.

Logically thinking, Jesus was an educated being. IF God willed, GOD would have made Jesus write GODS word down. Why would normal (sinful) humans be given that task to 'compile' the word of God? doesn't make any sense. The prophet (Jesus) was very able to do that task. Why did man take it upon himself to write a book and proclaim it to be the word of God?

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Peacemaker I'm sorry you feel that way about my response, but I was not wanting to attack anyone when I was typing it. You haven't liked many of my responses of late but it's good to see you posting again. However I could say the same thing you said to me about anyone who comes here wanting to know more about Sikhism and then declares we're all going to hell anyway. Then you accused me of making Philip feel like he is following the wrong path. Why the double standards?

I wasn't forcing my religion on anyone else, that would make me similar to the moghuls. And I did not say I wasn't interested in knowing more. I am very interested in knowing many things, which is why I even went out and bought a copy of the bible. What I meant was that for a Sikh, our destination isn't heaven or hell. It's something higher.

My question about Jesus' childhood hasn't been answered. I couldn't find the answer in the bible.

Guest peacemaker

Peacemaker I'm sorry you feel that way about my response, but I was not wanting to attack anyone when I was typing it. You haven't liked many of my responses of late but it's good to see you posting again. However I could say the same thing you said to me about anyone who comes here wanting to know more about Sikhism and then declares we're all going to hell anyway. Then you accused me of making Philip feel like he is following the wrong path. Why the double standards?

Don't call it a comeback just yet. ;) I wouldn't say I haven't liked many of your posts, I was just saying I disagree with you on the topics you've chosen to respond to as of late. I'm sure there are thousands or at least a few other things we agree on.This isn't about you and me. Let's look at the bigger picture. Phillip thinks we are going to go to hell if we don't accept Jesus Christ, right? What do a lot of sikhs say? If you don't accept SatGuru and become amritdhari, you won't ever get into Sach Khand and until you can get into Sach Khand, you will never be in God's realm.

Well, to me, not being in the presence of God is like Hell, so it is the same exact thing. The Sikhs want you to accept their ways and the Christians also want you to accept their ways. This is something that isn't openly siad, but I've heard it many times. I personally don't believe you have to be a Sikh or a Christian to get into God's kingdom realm. Call Sikhism a way of life or call Christinaity a way of life, it all boils down to having love for God. Read the Bible or follow Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. I'm happy for everyone who has love for God! :)

Just a random subject that come to mind:

Christian Churches and SLAVERY. This is one subject that Christians (and you could include muslims) would like to hide in the closet.

Just a few months ago , somehow for some reason I mentioned the christian hymn "Amazing Grace" in a converstaion about some subject to a couple of older Christians. They had no idea its connection to slavery of this hymn.!

My question about Jesus' childhood hasn't been answered. I couldn't find the answer in the bible.

It is argued by many that He was in India (Kashmir region) and thats where he got ridh-sidh and became Enlightened...

apparently, i've heard about writings of kashmiri's from that time about a long-haired light (brown) skin man from the middle east coming... but that i have no sources for.. jus on hearsay..

I don't see anything wrong with the conversation. He's asked questions, we've answered them, and the conversation has progressed forward. He's made statements and we're asking questions on those statements. This seems to be a mature conversation, in my opinion. He's already stated he doesn't feel offended or threatened by this conversation.

All the questions he's asked have been answered, and now we're asking him questions on his faith; is there anythig wrong with that? Not in my opinion..

When he asks more questions, I'm sure we'll be more then happy to answer them to the best of our ability. :)