I Need Some Support

Guest uk bibi

Guest uk bibi
^^^

Foreign sangat has got you covered, too! You're definitely not a number to us! ;)

Thanks peacemaker, I appreciate it.

I just feel that UK sangat should be doing more to show that they are there to help, not just for me but for other youth too.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gurfateh ji,

Is there anyone out there who feels that they can support me? I'm struggling with life at the moment, without going into too much detail here. In fact I dont even know how to explain. Basically, i started to grow my kesh a few months ago and cut egg out of my diet, as i was already vegetarian for a while. I feel comfortable with my kesh now, I cover my hair. I'm currently learning nitem in english, as i dont know punjabi yet. I'm trying to live as best as I can according to guru ji's hukam... i feel as though i need more help, whether i should be asking on here or not i dont know. I dont get up at amrit vela very often and i dont do all of nitem. I feel as though i need someone to help me to progress/ support me. There's one other thing that's making my life a misery i dont want to really explain here but if you think you could help me then please pm me.

thank you for your time.

WJKK WJKF

My advice is not to fill up your taal with too much, take bite sizes, yes nitnem and amrit vela are important, but to break it down a little and help you understand and digest it better, i would start off with doing my basic nitnem, 5 banis any time in the morning that you can manage, this will allow you time to digest and get use to reading nitnem at a pace that suits you then slowly try and do amrit vela 1 a week and build up slowly.

I remember when i first started off on the path of sikhi i just started keeping my kesh and would listen to japji sahib and jaap sahib on the way to work in car and listen to rehras sahib in evenings :) then it built up 5 banis rehras and kirtan sohila and now i can read various different banis with a decent level of prouciation because of listening to shudh clear recordings of paath.

The moral of the story is break down your sikhi into pauris "steps" and start to take them, steps one by one enjoy it and dont rush, i would recommend taking amrit as soon as possible but that doesnt mean you have to be a master in paath reading and kirtan :) it means your on the path to the Lords Feet.

Gurfateh Ji

Guest uk bibi

WJKK WJKF

My advice is not to fill up your taal with too much, take bite sizes, yes nitnem and amrit vela are important, but to break it down a little and help you understand and digest it better, i would start off with doing my basic nitnem, 5 banis any time in the morning that you can manage, this will allow you time to digest and get use to reading nitnem at a pace that suits you then slowly try and do amrit vela 1 a week and build up slowly.

I remember when i first started off on the path of sikhi i just started keeping my kesh and would listen to japji sahib and jaap sahib on the way to work in car and listen to rehras sahib in evenings :) then it built up 5 banis rehras and kirtan sohila and now i can read various different banis with a decent level of prouciation because of listening to shudh clear recordings of paath.

The moral of the story is break down your sikhi into pauris "steps" and start to take them, steps one by one enjoy it and dont rush, i would recommend taking amrit as soon as possible but that doesnt mean you have to be a master in paath reading and kirtan :) it means your on the path to the Lords Feet.

Gurfateh Ji

Gurfateh ji

I started off listening to japji sahib, rehras and kirtan sohila. I do feel able to read some of my nitem.... and i accept that discipline will come in time and that I need to take on manageable amounts.

I kinda feel like I need more ongoing help that's why I really wanted to get to know more people in my area (West Midlands or even people in counties outside but just in the uk where there is not the time difference issue).

There is something else that hinders me in a big way at times, like yesterday i didnt do any nitem which is not like me. I'm not even sure that anyone can help me with this my problem, many people dont understand it and i dont really want to talk about it on the discussion forum, but feel free to pm me if you want to.

There is something else that hinders me in a big way at times, like yesterday i didnt do any nitem which is not like me. I'm not even sure that anyone can help me with this my problem, many people dont understand it and i dont really want to talk about it on the discussion forum, but feel free to pm me if you want to.

Sat Sri Akal Ji

i can understand..plz free to pm me anytime and plz tell me whatever your promblems..i will pray to TRUE GURU..he must solve it...

i think i am too neech to solve it..

but please don't hesitate to tell me???

HUM MOORAKH MUGHAD SHARNAAGTI

post-16957-1209471009_thumb.jpg

Guest uk bibi

Gurfateh ji.

I just thought i'd share something that happened to me today... basically i was at work, reading a document/ law Act out aloud (nothing to do with my work but i needed to read it). Anyway my colleague was telling me to just skim through, so I started reading it and after a few sentences, out came 'waheguru, waheguru' as if i was somewhere else, like sitting in sadh sangat or even on my own but i wasnt i was at work reading a document online out aloud. I couldnt believe the words that had come out of my mouth, because i was just reading like normal, it was surreal. At the time waheguru's name was being said i wasnt aware i was saying it, it look me a moment to realise and then i stopped, it was like i woke up. I dont know if it was because i was tired or something but it was amazing either way and brought a smile to my face for that moment.

Things are still bad for me at the moment. I plan to go to the gurdwara tomorrow and hope that tomorrow things get better. I havent done any nitem today either but I guess at least guru ji has blessed me with ears to hear kirtan that's playing at the moment.

take care everyone.

Guest uk bibi
FIRST STEP

get ur nitnem done, bhenji

Sorry bharji ... maybe I dont quite understand what you are trying to tell me... get nitnem done as apposed to what else?