Very Mature Topic -- Be Warned

japmans

I ask this cuz i'm pretty busy but could someone (maybe Japman) find out ways in which we can help out..ie...organizations that we could donate our time, energy, or money to that may help?

If you posted that info here, it will help us all to contribute somewhat...

thanks for the article...extremely eye opening...

dgn

I'm still trying to figure that out.

The Congo has been pretty ignored. I have a good friend who is currently in Uganda, and she's there to help the cause in Northern Uganda that this article briefly touches on. She does her work through a non-profit called MACRO, which is the Mukundo Aids Control and Relief Organization. Of course, this obviously isn't work in the Congo, but so far it's the closest I've come across.

Monetary donations, of course, are a big deal for the hospital. As the article states, you can do this on the website provided.

I think it'd be important in terms of energy to take the time to share this with people. The Congo has the potential to be the richest country in Africa, even with Nigeria's presence as an Oil Producer, yet not many people know it exists, and even fewer know about the problems in the country. I'm not going to profess to be a conoisseur, but i'm going to assume that even THIS isn't the only problem in the country, though it is a big one.

Get the word out. Maybe an organization needs to be created specifically for this purpose. I'll keep looking and keeping an eye out.