I Met With The Guru, And I Have Tied A Tall, Plumed Turban

I'm not very sure but historically didn't a turban have a symbolic meaning? Royalty/victory/nobility/specialness.. My head might have just made this up but if it's correct then it's possible that the shabad is referring to that image or idea, rather than directing us to wear turbans.

(Just to let everybody know I'm all for dastaaraaaan.)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is it that guys have to wear dastars and women dont have too........ sikhi is about equality.......... so then why then women dont have to tie dastars in their amrit sanchars........ (please keep jathabandia out of this)........ can someone show me the gurmat....... :umm:

why is it that guys have to wear dastars and women dont have too........ sikhi is about equality.......... so then why then women dont have to tie dastars in their amrit sanchars........ (please keep jathabandia out of this)........ can someone show me the gurmat....... :umm:

dear brother, equality does not mean that everything has to be the same for both genders.

Women can give birth to babies, men cant.. that does not mean that God is opressing men.

same way, just because men has to wear a Turban and women dont, doesnt mean one of the genders are being opressed.

dear brother, equality does not mean that everything has to be the same for both genders.

Women can give birth to babies, men cant.. that does not mean that God is opressing men.

same way, just because men has to wear a Turban and women dont, doesnt mean one of the genders are being opressed.

how can we compare tying a dastar to giving birth, lol dont make sense to me sorry bhaji. dastar is part of a uniform given to us from guru ji, birth is a gift given to women from akal purakh. Guru ji has given us equality thats why sikhi is niara compared to other religions.

"dear brother, equality does not mean that everything has to be the same for both genders."

Bhaji this is the reason why muslims dont give women equality, reason because they argue both genders are not the same and so how can equality exist. And thats why muslim women dress differently, muslim women wearing the burkha and male muslims wearing the salwar kameez. But guru ji has given a uniform to make the panth niara(different, special) and give us equality.....

gurbar akal