I heard from one singh that they weren't allowed to do gatka

while they were doing it in front of the stage

the management guys were like yelling at them too stop and let them do speeches

and then when they went to the rink thing

the security guys came over and told them too stop and hes like

u cant do gatka

messed up man

:6

I was there too at that time. Modern Masand (Dixie Gurdwara Mangement) were kept on saying stop gatka while they were doing there speeches because everybody was looking at gatka and dhols playing same times too right next to the stage lol. It was like speakers and sangat gatka was in the middle :p

They didnt yell or anything (where did this news come from) :LOLz:

okay

i kinda exaggerated but still

they were like telling the singhs to stop in the mic

it was funny cuz like

harinaam singh khalsa ( I think thats his name) was like the youth need to make a stand and the youth are what matter

and then the uncle jee goes on after him and hes like singhan noo bentee ah ke oh gatka band karn

:LOLz:

Its never about the youth, committees always say, ya the youth this, the youth that, but in reality, its all about their political positions in the gurdwara and community. Its about more votes, more money and more power. Thats it !

true true trure!!

WJKK WJKF

There was definite censorship, control and repressive measures taken by the OSGC to prevent Youth Movements from doing Parchaar, such as harrassment and the use of the Police.

The Sikh Activist Network was harassed continuously to leave the Nagar Keertan.

Here is what the network was doing, sangat here can decide for themselves if there was anything wrong.

• The network was marching together wearing similar shirts
  • The network had a banner which read, The Sikh Activist Network, Panth Ki Jeeth, All Power To The People
  • The Network distributed flyers which encouraged sangat to take part in a Community Rally for Immigrant Rights, Sangat here can have a look at the flyer and parchaar that was being done and make a judgment for themselves, here is a link http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=36453
  • The Network was, raising slogans, including Jaikarai, Deg Tegh Fateh, Panth Ki Jeet, and 2 others that were done after the committee gave up in their harrassment including Khalistan Zindabad and Inquilaab Zindabaad.

At the beginning of the Nagar Keertan members of the OSGC were persistant in attempting to remove us, by verbally abusing Sikh Activist Members and even grabbing them by the arms.

When the tension escalated, youth activists began recording their harassment, unfortunately the committee members recognized this and toned down. The videos will available on the SAN website shortly.

It is time the youth take a stand against these self-proclaimed governing councils and bring an end to their repressive tactics.

Finally we are taking stand. Proud of you guys. Keep up the good work :)

next time dixie has elections... i think u guys should organize a huge screening of these videos... that will b awesome.. .showing the sangat wt these ppl r like... then again.. alotta ppl would disagree cuz that does turn ppl off from coming to gurduara... but then again the question arises... WHY do we come to gurduara ? ... some ppl just say o i don't go to gurduara cuz of all the politics... hmmm i wonder what kinda politics goes on in the main hall except if its vasakhi.. lol... all those useless speeches 8-)