My First White Hair :)

Guest GUESSSSSSSSSST

Guest GUESSSSSSSSSST

So here goes. I am a girl and I wear a dastaar. Therefore I normally never have my hair out. On Saturday I had washed my hair and I was walking around my flat when my friend was like STOOOOOOOP! I was like whaaaaaaaaat?

Then she was like you have a WHITE HAIR. I was like no I don't. This went on for a bit. She finally took me to a mirror so I could see for myself.

I saw my first white hair. I never felt so sad. Its tiny, on the front of my head and its only one strand. She told me not to worry cos she has a white hair in the exact same position. I rang my sister too who said white hairs come and go. My sister is 16 and had a white hair on her arm. It was weird cos she had IT nowehere else but her white hair disappeared. So maybe mine will go aswell??

I am actually really young. 21 years old. I have not got married. I have no children. I have 3 years of my degree left. I just feel scared that I am going to get lots of white hair now. I'm also worried that my skin is going to wrinkle now.

So I was wondering if the drs on this forum could tell me

- How comes I got a white head hair so early on?

- Will I now get a white head within the next 5 years?

- Any other things I should pay attention to ie is this a sign of something?

ALSO WHEN DID YOU ALL NOTICE YOUR FIRST WHITE HAIR?? Also I would have never known if my friend had never told me :(

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CALM DOWN.

ITS JUST A STRAND OF HAIR, LEAVE IT BE.

we spend all our time worrying about silly little issues, then when its our time, we cry and beg for more time to make things right.

no offence, dont mean to be harsh, but such issues like these arent worth you stressing over.

As a medic , I can assure u that you need not worry at all......a few white hair , here and there are absolutely normal unless u have some associated problems. At 21 you are not aging,

Yours Qs

How comes I got a white head hair so early on?--->> Its Normal

- Will I now get a white head within the next 5 years?---->>>> NO

- Any other things I should pay attention to ie is this a sign of something? Not really, if u feel fine and are asymptomatic, u need not do anything.

lool.

calm down pleasee its just a white hair...which is going to be unseen cuz u have a dastar.

simple..... :)

don't worry

you just have to wait to till end...

u got your first white hair in young age so u r worried about it.

after 60 yrs when your last black hair turn to white..u give smile... :rolleyes:

bhul chuk muaaf..

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Bhenji, why are you sad about your white hair? What is worse about a white hair than a black hair? And what is better about a black hair than a white one? How is this going to change your life? Guru Ji gives us strange gifts sometimes but they are gifts nevertheless. He gave Baba Buddha Ji the name Baba Buddha Ji, and Baba Ji embraced it. Embrace your white hair and give it as much care as you give to all the others. Otherwise it's just plain discriminatory. Sikhs are not taught to judge anything based on colour. At the end of the day it's all still your kes which was given and coloured by Guru Saheb.

Be strong.

Bhenji, why are you sad about your white hair? What is worse about a white hair than a black hair? And what is better about a black hair than a white one? How is this going to change your life? Guru Ji gives us strange gifts sometimes but they are gifts nevertheless. He gave Baba Buddha Ji the name Baba Buddha Ji, and Baba Ji embraced it. Embrace your white hair and give it as much care as you give to all the others. Otherwise it's just plain discriminatory. Sikhs are not taught to judge anything based on colour. At the end of the day it's all still your kes which was given and coloured by Guru Saheb.

Be strong.

JO TIS BHAVE NANAKA SOI CHANGA