Really Hurting

Guest Its killing me

Guest Its killing me

vjkkvjkf hai ji

im a uk singh and was allowed to give my head a few years back, but something has been really worrying me now for past 7-8 months or so

its gradually been getting worse.

My scalp dries up very very rapidly, and i dont get normal dandruff, it like clumps together and i get scales on my scalp. If you pick them off they bleed and you pluck out any roots of your hair, and if you leave them then what happens is the roots of your hair get clumped together by them, pulling the roots painfully

ive seen the doctor and he says i have a condition called sebbhoreic demititus of the scalp or something and prescribed me a shampoo , but still nothing works...

ive tried dihee, fruit pastes, t gel, oilatum, almond oil, olive oil, baby oil, coconut oil

all the standard shampoos are really bad - like head n shoulders etc.

I really dont know what to do (ive been doing ardas continuously

i always feel like crying when i think about how my beautiful kes my gift from maharaj is being destroyed ... everytime i feel ontop, my dasam duaar i feel a patch with no hair, and i just dont know what to do now.

Have you tried ALPHOSYL?? It is a tad stronger than Oilatum, available from all good chemists (personally recommend Boots) it can be found in the pharmacy section, not on the shelves with other cosmetic shampoo brands.

Also, after washing your kesh, air it out, I appreciate sometimes it takes hours for kesh to dry and we all have to rush off to work/school and so on, but when you're at home just open your kesh and let some air get through to your scalp.

Please try the ALPHOSYL 2 in 1 Shampoo (if you already have not), it is used for your condition - seborrhoeic dermatits.

Please let us know if it works.

All the best.

Guest peacemaker

I agree with the air comment. It really does wonders. I might take some heat for this, but even after my kesh is long dried, like at night, I don't cover my kesh immediately and still leave it open like a girl for hours. Keep in mind, my kesh isn't that long though, but that's another story. :blush21:

I also have to wash my hair everyday religiously. I'm not one of those people who can do it once or twice a week. I just don't feel clean otherwise.

aww!

veerje, yup.. head and shoulders is a BIGG NO NO! lol

its awful, and doesnt work.

i'm going to agree with the above ^ ^ make sure air gets to ur scalp veerje,

also try gettin ur head massarged... perhaps by coconut oil.... i knw some ppl who have told me it works :)

hope it works out.

gurfateh

Guest Guest

Thanks for all the suggestions, sangat ji i really do appreciate the time taken out to help me.

I havent tried alphosyl, but one of the singhs who i know said Maharaj is punishing my for things i do wrong? But id rather have my fingers cut off than lose my kes, i amnt really all that good with words so cant explain just what my kes means to me...

the thing about airing,,heres the problem (i think) i follow keski maryada , and im not sure if airing is ok..? normally what i used to do is when kes was wet put a keski over hair and let it hang back and dry out, but is this really "airing"?

thanks so much

Have you seen a dermatologist? If not please go see one they really do help. Also you mentioned using oil dont use that it dries your scalp up big time especially if you have dermatitis instead try a lotion but you'l have to consult a doctor for that and remember to keep your diet in check and drink plenty of water.

Try not to worry you'l be fine :)

Guest Guest

I have had this same condition, compounded by psoriasis, for over 10 years and have not yet found a cure.

I lost a lot of my hair and was almost as bald as my grandad and my hair barely reached my shoulders.

I've various treatments (remember, I've had this condition for something like 13 years) and to be honest the thing I'm currently doing now seems to be most effective.

My parents got advice from the Divya Yoga guy in India. Currently using Gaduchi Tailam and Kayakalp Tail. Both are oils. I apply them alternately one on Wednesdays and one on Sundays. After applying for about 1-2 hours, I wash my hair. I have found head and shoulders hurt my scalp. I use some Australian shampoo (can't remember the exact one but brand name is Aussie's) and conditioner. I wash with shampoo, leave for a few mins, rinse, repeat and rinse thoroughly to remove all traces of shampoo. SOmetimes I apply baby oil afterwards if my scalp feels very dry. Also have some tablets (kayakalp vati and kaishor guggal) as well as some puris (powder). Conditioner helps with combing the hair and I'm very careful when I comb now.

I have found that using the oils have been very effective, provided I use twice weekly. My hair is now longer by 2-3 inches and a little less bald. Some people believe Divya Yoga use bones in their medicines but the fact that the medicine seems to be working means more to me.

Also, as the others have said, uncover your hair and leave it hanging out for as long as possible each day. I don't know what kind of dastaar or pughri you wear but make sure it's not starched. Also important not to leave any shampoo in your hair so wash thoroughly. Don't use hot water - make it warm but not hot. I find it easier using a shower. Let your hair dry naturally, without using a hairdryer/heat source.

Veer ji, do you find the severity of the condition varies with phases of the moon? I've found that on new moons, my condition is worse, and on full moons, it is almost non-existent.