Amritvela

Guest Khalsa!

WJKK WJKF!!

Basically, i do my Amritvela at 1 in the morning, it would be more helpful for me to do it at 12 but my mum said that i am not allowed to as a very good Sant used to do it at 12 and we are not aloud to because we are not as good as him. I think it was Bhai Nand Lal or something like that. Is that true? I really want to do it at 12!

I agree with everyone below - do it at 12. There's no sense in saying we can't do it because the Sant did it, Priety sums that up well enough. Isn't that something we should aspire to be good enough to do ourselves, not the opposite way round?

Above all, do what makes sense to YOU, never blindly follow what somebody else says, do what your heart and conscience tells you - waheguru knows where your heart lies.

Guest Guest

You are a serious badass if you get up every day at 12, just hope that you are doing a decent amount of simran and extra paath ontop of nitnem too though and making full use of the time

When I used to wake up very very early id find my concentration was quite alot worse due to sleepiness

WJKK WJKF!!

Basically, i do my Amritvela at 1 in the morning, it would be more helpful for me to do it at 12 but my mum said that i am not allowed to as a very good Sant used to do it at 12 and we are not aloud to because we are not as good as him. I think it was Bhai Nand Lal or something like that. Is that true? I really want to do it at 12!

Wake up a minute or 2 after 12 then :) ))))

i seriously don't think God will condemn me to hell/reincarnation if i get up b4 the birdies. . .

the aim is to do it ath pehar(24 hours) not just before the birdies....

AwT phr pRBu iDAwie qUM gux goieMd inq gwau ]1] rhwau ]

aat(h) pehar prabh dhhiaae thoo(n) gun goei(n)dh nith gaao ||1|| rehaao ||

Twenty-four hours a day, meditate on God. Constantly sing the Glories of the Lord of the Universe. ||1||Pause||