Ocean Of Pearls, A Hollywood Film By Sikh Director? Can It Really Be True? :)

I guess you would be yourself be the right person to answer it, whether you really wanted to see a movie which might have an adverse impact on the identity of sikh.

How do you know for sure? I'm saying, don't write off a movie so fast from a two minute clip.

Pyare veer jio ,

a person who is cutting hear even may be in just trailor , or a person who does not have uncut hear on the body , how can he do ardaas to akal purukh mere veer ji , how can he read " OHNA SINGH SIGNIYA JINHA NE BAND BAND KATVAYE , KHOPRIYA LUHAIYA , CHARKHIRYA TE CHADE , SIKHI KESA SWASA NAAL NIBHAI , OHNA DA DHYAN DHAR KE BOLO JI WAHEGURU"

if person just simply reads it not belive it. then daas wont be able to treat that person as a sikh . And believe me mere pyare veer jio , anythign like that shown on media or in movies does make an negetive impact on youth as they sometimes they are simply looking for a reason to get away from rehat.

I wish we should be carefull of these things

Though i respect your opinion however , daas cant understand one simple thing IF A PERSON DONT WEAR A UNIFORM OF A SCHOOL ,OR DEOSNT OBEY THE ORDER OF MASTER THEN HOW CAN HE BE CALLED STUDENT MEANS Sikh.

bhul chuk maaf mere pyaare veer

i dnt knw what we are talking abt here but i have something to say that movie is really touching.

i too believe that there shud be preaching on beared too.

having turbun or kesh without beared u all knw is dumbest thing ever.

but the concept of movie is clear.

not he ordinary people are going to watch this movie learn from it and start grwoing their beareds.

its all about concept of hair in sikhism and i think the thinkers and people with broad sensibility can figure out everything from this movie.

Atleast there is talk abt turban and France can learn lesson from this movie.

im lookin forward to watching this movie. i am sure trailer doesnt tell the whole story! it never does lol why would they want to? i would def check it out...as so much hard work has gone into it. after watchin it...we can critique it all we want=)

i feel i wuld end up learning a lot frm this movie...

does that mean all of u will like it?nope...im just talkin about myself

As a Sikh man with a full beard and turban, AMRIT SINGH is often the target of racial profiling. But when he sees his dreams of becoming Chief of Surgery at a state-of-the-art transplant center dwindle because of his appearance, Amrit goes against a tradition he's maintained his whole life and cuts his hair. Hiding this decision from his girlfriend and family in Toronto is only the start of a series of compromises Amrit finds himself making as he deals with hospital politics and health care injustices. When his compromises result in the death of a patient, Amrit begins to reexamine the value of the religious traditions he'd turned his back on.

Guest peacemaker
im lookin forward to watching this movie. i am sure trailer doesnt tell the whole story! it never does lol why would they want to? i would def check it out...as so much hard work has gone into it. after watchin it...we can critique it all we want=)

i feel i wuld end up learning a lot frm this movie...

does that mean all of u will like it?nope...im just talkin about myself

Great post!!!! :) And you're talking about me, too!