Sikhs Attacks Mtv Office To Protest Poster

BiggChan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker
peacemaker allow these narrow minded people who can't see the bigger picture and yet they call them selfs the sikhs of guru gobind singh ji pshhhhhhhh

Thanks for your support, Bobby! :D

Guest peacemaker
I think its concerning when Sikhs hurl insults with the undertone of implying that Jainism or any other faith is inferior.

Well, I don't think I did that. I respect all religions. I guess I should've said to khalsaforce that I really appreciate his offer, but I am going to have to respectfully decline it at this time.

Perhaps that would've been clearer, but then again, maybe not. My question to you is do you really think there is no such thing as Pacifist Sikh?

There is no such thing as a pacifist Sikh. Otherwise we wouldn't have a bachan such as "When all means to right a wrong have been exhausted then it is right to wield the sword" We would have had a bachan such as Jesus's about turning the other cheek when someone strikes one cheek. Up to a point a Sikh can be non-violent and history has shown that non-violence can only work in certain situations. If you think that non-violence works in ALL situations then you had best start advocating Sikhs get rid of the Kirpan and replace it with a mala which seems to be more in line with your thinking!

Even TIME Magazine has an article on this:

Protesters Attack MTV Office in India

(MUMBAI, India) — Police arrested 70 Sikh protesters after the MTV music channel's office in western India was vandalized over posters showing a Sikh girl massaging a man, officials said Tuesday.

On Monday, protesters smashed windows with rocks, tore banners and damaged furniture in the MTV office in Mumbai, India's financial and entertainment capital, police inspector Raju More said.

The protesters said the posters, which promoted the reality show "On the Job2," offended Sikhs, More said. Sikhs comprise more than 2 percent of India's 1.1 billion people.

Police later released the protesters on bail, he said.

Satish Maneshinde, MTV's attorney in Mumbai, called it an unfortunate incident. He said no one was injured in the attack.

Maneshinde said MTV would consider the protesters' demands to remove the posters.

MTV has hurt Sikhs sentiments: SGPC

FATEHGARH SAHIB: Taking strong exception to a controversial MTV promo, the SGPC on Monday said it has hurt the sentiments of Sikhs and the attack on a Mumbai studio was "spontaneous" reaction by some members of the community.

Talking to reporters here, Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee president Avtar Singh Makkar said "no one has the right to hurt the sentiments of Sikhs.

"It is not for the first time that our sentiments have been hurt," he said.

A group of Sikhs had on Monday vandalised the office of MTV in central Mumbai alleging misrepresentation of their community in the publicity campaign where the visual of a Sikh peeping into a room where a girl is giving body massage to a man was used.

Makkar said these incidents are taking place despite SGPC's "repeated requests to the Centre to induct its representatives in Censor Board or any other organisations that can check contents of movies or serials involving Sikhs".

Since the Associated Press published this article and MTV is own by Viacom, every single news station has it posted on their site: CNN, MSNBC, ABC, Fox News, CBS, a bunch of radio station sites.

Worldwide exposure but is this good or bad?