What Differnce Does Protien Shakes Make To Bodybuilding

Guest me

what does protien shakes do to ur body, and how does it help bodybuilding, whats the difference if u take it and bodybuild and if u dont. and wud u need protien shakes if u have alot of fat on u and u bodybuild

Guest Guest

Protein shakes are a protein supplement to your diet if there is inadequate protein in your diet to build muscle. If you eat enough protein in your diet, you don't need shakes, and depending on how good your routine is, shakes might not make much of a difference. It doesn't matter if you are fat or slim, protein requirements for muscle anabolism would be the same in both cases. Most serious weightlifters would probably suggest you have fast release protein first thing in the morning, and straight after a workout.

Guest Guest

Burn the fat, feed and build the muscles

http://weighttraining.about.com/od/nutriti...ein_howmuch.htm

Weight training will always help with burning fat as muscle is active tissue and it burns calories just to sustain itself ! In short, muscle = fat burning machine.

For losing fat you need to limit (not eliminate) your carbohydrate intake. Any protein shake you buy, make sure it's low in carbs.

In summary, eat healthy and exercise.

I used protein shakes to boost my protein intake when I used to lift. You need around 1g of protein per lb orf bodyweight, so a person who weighs 150lbs should be getting 100g of protein into them. If you don't eat meat, there is no way you can get this protein into your body so you should use it to boost your protein intake, and not for any other purpose. Even then, many protein shakes contain proteins derived from eggs so that may not be an option.

Avoid anything containing creatine.

The fat issue is completely seperate and is dependant on diet and exercise. To lose fat, first address your diet. It needs to be super-clean to be effective. No junk, no sugary stuff, etc. You need to be so strict that a lot of people have difficulty maintaining a clean diet. You will then start to lose bodyfat, up to a point.

If you want/need to lose more, then you need to do cardiovascular exercise - stuff like running, rowing, cycling etc. Ideally, this should be done separately to lifting and should be done in the morning. When I used to lift, I did weights in the evening and do cardio straight away afterwards.

Guest _Singh_

take two shakes...one in the morning, one after you work out...

and eat...lots of rice/pasta...gives you the carbohydrates...then eat something of high protien (i my self don't eat meat), i usually make beans, or some other food that contains high grams of protein along side the rice

The rest is working out...not like a wimp lol...but workout hard until your arms/legs give out lol...then you'll see a difference in like the 2nd week even depending on your current phsycial state.

oh yea...also make sure to eat lots of fruit and drink plenty of water...i suggest not a lot of milk..instead replace it with orange juice...this will give you enough energy to not feel tired and feel healthy be it through your inner body, or to even having a fresher feel on your skin....

good luck mate...

and plus...when working out lol...the inhales and exhales...are the best...inhale wahe....exhale guru lol...gives you that extra benefit;)

I used protein shakes to boost my protein intake when I used to lift. You need around 1g of protein per lb orf bodyweight, so a person who weighs 150lbs should be getting 100g of protein into them.

rong, your body can only store up to 50-60g of protein a day, so there no point at all having loads of protein, its not more protein the bigger u get, u have more than that ur body will jus get rid of it wen u toilet, luk it up