Who Is Nihang?

Since past some days atleast 2 threads have turned into nihang arguments.

One was discussing if only Nihangs can wear farla or not. Some said all Khalsas are Nihangs.. Jassa in particular said that you can only be a nihang when you belong to a jatha.

And the other thread was about guru ji's bana or nihang bana. Jassa said that its Nihang bana because Guru Ji were akali nihang. Others said it is guru jis bana.

So can we dedicate this thread to discuss who nihangs are and who aren't?

Now to the topic:

(Ang 392, SGGS)

"nirbhau hoeiou bheiaa nihangaa

Being fearless, he becomes a ‘Nihang’ (bold and daring person)."

^ you answered your own question with the help of Maharaj...don't dwell on it. I say if you wanna be a nihang, be a nihang. My thia's born into a typical punjabi family, but now he's a nihang. Also spends time with and is accepted by Tarna Dal Singhs - without being a part of a jatha as far as I know.

Rely only on Maharaj for help (like you have) , don't bother with others because all you'll get is a personal opinion (including my own).

Jassa in particular said that you can only be a nihang when you belong to a jatha.

are you sure he said exactly that?

I dont think anyone can really confirm what Jassa says cos as he has previously stated himself if he uses internet explorer his english comes across impeccable but if he uses firefox it comes across all tutti fruity