Why Do We Sikhs Behave Like Fools On The Road By Brandishing Kirpans ?

new0214

how dare u say guru gobind singh was a propher - they were jot roop of Akaaaaal themselves.... gurbani says it read bhatta de savaiye

you have a problem with the statement that Guru Gobind Singh is a prophet ?

Do one thing then, go and say the same thing to all these folks who have written thus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru_Gobind_Singh

He was the leader of the Sikh faith, a warrior, a poet, and a Prophet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/features/sikh_festival.shtml

Norfolk Sikhs have been celebrating a holy festival to mark the birthday of Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth prophet of the Sikhs.

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Guru_Gobind_Singh

As a prophet, the Guru is unique. His teachings are very scientific and most suitable for all times. Unlike many other prophets he never called himself God or 'the only son of God.' Instead he called all people the sons of God sharing His Kingdom equally. For himself he used the word 'slave' or servant of God

http://www.sikhs.org/art12.htm

It was Guru Gobind Singh, the final living Sikh prophet who formally instituted the mandatory requirement for all baptized Sikhs to wear the Kirpan at all times.

---------------------

And last but not the least, don't you dare make me waste my time in this fashion by stating the obvious again. Now go scoot.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again - *edited*. The topic was about taking the Kirpan on the road, and not about any perceived insult to our Guru.

But let me answer the above. WE ( 0.2 % OR LESS ) feel that Guru Gobind Singh was a Guru. In the eyes of the rest of the world, he was a warrior. We cannot behave like frogs in the well and convince ourselves that the Khalsa viewpoint is the only one worth discussing.

As revolutionary said – "It seems they're starting to copy islamists with their violent protests.." Lets all ( whatever our differences with each other ) stay on common ground. Our common ground is that we love our religion, our identity, and the respect that we still get from the majority of the Indians. Lets not ruin that.

Amongst Muslims too, only a fraction called the extreme Right wing is mad, but this fraction has become very powerful. The hindu extreme right wing also exists, but they are in control of the majority of peace loving Hindus.

The majority amongst us Sikhs should realize that we are a successful, thriving community within India, we have no reason to feel insecure. *edited*

Guest peacemaker
Here we go again - *edited*. The topic was about taking the Kirpan on the road, and not about any perceived insult to our Guru.

Quit putting your brothers and sisters down. If you really want change, then you take the action first instead of talking about it here. If your ideas are good, I'm sure others will follow!

peacemaker - the way to change is by creating public opinion. Forget tailing me, we are to insignificant to worry about each other . Create change - try to create the vision of a modern, powerful Khalsa, a religion not dictated by hatred of fools but by the glory of the Gurus.

Guest peacemaker
peacemaker - the way to change is by creating public opinion. Forget tailing me, we are to insignificant to worry about each other . Create change - try to create the vision of a modern, powerful Khalsa, a religion not dictated by hatred of fools but by the glory of the Gurus.

I don't believe anything you say now after you insulted Guru Gobind Singh ji.

you are a person with absolutely no knowledge of Sikhi, the Guroo tells his Sikhs to care nill for public interest, to care only for how they are seen in the eyes of their Guroo

isru dIjY kwix n kIjY ]20]

sir dheejai kaan n keejai ||20||

give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

If you are going to come here pretending to be a Sikh, atleast don't insult our intelligence by doing such a crap and unprepared job of it ;)

I am a Sikh and I believe that Bal Thakrey is a communal man, but in the case of him criticising Sikhs for brandishing Kirpans , well – there he is right.

Sikhs pickup their Kirpans at the slightest reason and start misbehaving on the roads. Why, do we think we are very brave ? I want to educate my fellow Sikhs about this Khalsa bravery rubbish in our heads which title actually the Bristish gave us

The White man has colonized the whole world only by going to a native land, and identifying pockets of idiots in some areas of that native land whom he could use to fight for him. The American s had their Muslim Idiots – The Afghans - against the Russians, The British had their Hindu idiots – the Gurkhas .

Of course we are primarily concerned with the the Sikh idiots the British identified – our great community of lions and *edited*, who were so happy with the title brave that they went to a country France, to fight for another country – England, against a 3rd country Germany.

Sure – we fought the wars against Pakistan. But that is because Pakistan is at Punjabs doorstep and it came naturally to us to defend Punjab. If Pakistan was 1000 km away from Punjab, how many Sikhs would be in the army ?

We like to over exaggerate our bravery. We like to imagine that Guru Gobind Singh and Ranjit Singh were like Alexander of Greece or Genghis Khan of Mongolia. That is not true. *edited*

*edited*

thats two posts now that i really haven't liked.

Be careful, you keep going like this and you may become a marked man. :v1:

You're right, we do make ourselves look like fools by brandishing swords. It makes matters worse and solves nothing - instead we just look like fanatics

There are better ways to solve these matters but usualy non-Amritdhari people go around waving swords and never use them

Guest PunjabSingh

All the true Sikhs in this forum criticizing your own brothers for the demonstrations should just SHUT UP and open your eyes about what's going on around .

This is for your info .Today Vishwa Hindu Parishad organised a large camp of "Durga Vahini " in Jammu .

In this camp Hindu girls were openly seen with "guns" in their hands .You people are complaining about Sikh "boys" brandishing swords in which no one was hurt and here the bahmanwaadis are giving training to Hindu "girls" with real "guns" in the back door of Punjab .

This VHP camp was presided over by none other than Praveen Togadia .VHP says that they are doing this training in the open against muslim jehadis .Every sensible person knows that these guns are no match for AK 47s or other sophisticated weapons of Jehadis.So we can well imagine against whom these will be used .

Those from Jammu and Punjab in this forum should now be more vigilant against the designs of these Hindutva forces .

Stop criticizing your own brethren and ponder over what Sant Jarnail Singh had said "Jatheband hovo tay shastrdhaari hovo verna bhedaan vaang maaray jaongay ....."

A documentary "Tabay Ros jagyo" clearly shows the real intentions of VHP,BJP,RSS,Shiv sena and what this Durga Vahini is .There was a time when Sikh women were also Shashtradhaari like Sikh men but nowadays they are being led astray by Bahmanvaadi media.A Sikh girl these days is more interested in hindi films,fashion and other manmat whereas the Hindu girls are now getting training in "guns" and other weapons .That too openly.

All Sikhs please wake up before it's too late .

Jammu Sikhs make it a point to burn effigies of Maharashtra police also during the anti saudaa saadh protests .

Today massive protests were held in Naraingarh and Karnal in Haryana.Protests were also held in Calcutta .

The anti Sikh forces need to know that Sikhs are alive and that they will not tolerate anything like 1984 or threatening by any Togadia,Thackeray or Advani any more .

Young Sikhs should not take this lightly .We have been through hell in the 1980's and have seen everything with our own eyes and we know what these crooks can do .But they do to only those who are unarmed .

Itt daa jwaab pathar naal dena pavayga :nishaan_sahib_right: :v1: :v1:

Guest PunjabSingh
You're right, we do make ourselves look like fools by brandishing swords. It makes matters worse and solves nothing - instead we just look like fanatics

There are better ways to solve these natters but usualy non-Amritdhari people go around waving swords and never use them

You make fools of yourself when you present the look of non shashtradhaari whereas Hindu girls are openly getting training in "guns" and armed combat .The Guru has clearly asked every Sikh to be Shashtradhaari( in self defence ) .Instead of us listening to our Guru other people are getting armed whereas we are trying to "disarm" our own selfs by disowning what our Guru told us to do .

Just imagine had the Sikh youth protesting in Bombay been totally unarmed what the scene would have been ?Most of them would have been badly hurt by the police or even killed .