Proper Way To Sing Shabad

• 2 weeks later...

Sat Naam

I just read the post earlier on where you were asking about where to learn kirtan from. In the Midlands, Bhai Harjinder Singh Lallie teaches taanti saaj, you can see their website: www.gurmatsangeet.org

Raj Academy's Ranbir Singh teaches all over the midlands, see www.rajacademy.com. They also have a webschool where you learn gurmat sangeet and obtain 'Grades' at the same time.

Sangat take laha!!

if you have hols now then make sure you take sum time to look at playing the beautiful instruments in the correct raags.

dont know if rajacademy classes are running thru-out the holidays, but jujhar singh's class at Nanaksar Thath, penn road, wolverhampton is still ON, so plz if you can make sure you at least observe one of his classes and then see if it is something that you want to learn/continue the great traditions of our Guru. Jujhar Singh has spare instruments that you willbe able to use, or instruments you can buy if you wanna develop raag vidya.

If you have bhujangis about 6 - 10 years old then this is the time to get them into this.

classes at nanaksar thath penn rd, wollverhampton

fridays from 7-8 pm.

other classes are availbale thru out the midlands, pm me for details.

• 2 weeks later...
Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ke Fateh

If anyone can help would be most appreciated until I start proper classes

When singing a shabad are you supposed to treat the Thuk where it says 'Rahaa-O' as the main part of the shabad, therefore repeat it (like a chorus)

I ask this as I have noticed that many popular kirtanee such as Bhai Harjinder Singh etc do not do this and use the first/second Thuk as main part (chorus)

Some help would be appreciated

Pull Chuk maaf

khalsa ji can u post me those notations pleas

gaj ka bulio

wageguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fate