Inferior

Guest _singh_

Guest Original Poster
My dear veerji, Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Wow, this is something I can totally relate to since I live in a community that doesn’t have many Sikhs who are my age. Those few Sikhs who are my age unfortunately are not too much into Sikhi and engage in activities I have no interest in (e.g., drinking, clubbing, etc). When I started university, most of my high school friends either moved away to attend other universities or started hanging out around other people. Did this affected my social life? At first, yes! It came to the point where I had really low self esteem. I use to think to myself, wouldn’t it be so much easier if I didn’t live the life of a Sikh, if I didn’t have a beard and turban, if I started hanging out at clubs and engage myself in excessive drinking and other manmukh activities. However veerji, believe me I can attest to this fact that Waheguru looks out for us. He understands our emotions and our feelings, He knows what we’re going through. At my lowest and loneliest times the only thing that made me face another day was knowing that I have not fallen in the eyes of my Guru. So take it from me, Waheguru knows and He will do what is best for you.

As for practical advice, do simran as much as you can…in your head when in public and out loud when alone. Believe me, it makes the time go by much more splendidly. Also, talk to Waheguru…He listens…believe me, He listens. Tell Waheguru why you’re feeling down and believe me the answer will come to you. If we take inspiration from Gurbani, you’ll realize what Waheguru is trying to communicate to you.

As for finding a suitable wife, I can assure you that there are plenty of gursikh girls out there who hold the same moral values as yourself. Don’t think you have to impress anyone by superficial amazement. If you’re true to yourself and stick to your ideals, things will work out for you in the end.

thank you to everyone for your support its nice to know people understand what im going through. i think i need god and sikhi more than ever now in my life. I think i have just got my self into this situation and need to get out of it quickly and i think getting involved with sikhi more is the only answer. I know God will never abandon me but i just wonder why does he sometimes make me go through certain things...............

I know God will never abandon me but i just wonder why does he sometimes make me go through certain things...............

Because He has faith in his Sikh and He is searching for his jewels on this earth.

If diamonds could complain , they had complain to God that even though they are so valuable , why are they kept in the form of black carbon stones at first?

thank you to everyone for your support its nice to know people understand what im going through. i think i need god and sikhi more than ever now in my life. I think i have just got my self into this situation and need to get out of it quickly and i think getting involved with sikhi more is the only answer. I know God will never abandon me but i just wonder why does he sometimes make me go through certain things...............

yesh veerji..start reciting baani..it will help and u wont feel lonely as guru sahib ji's always with us :D

as few mentioned above, go to a rehnsabiyee will be a good idea too, it will take ur mind of things..

waheguru ji ka khalsa..waheguru ji ki fateh :D

Guest Original Poster

yesh veerji..start reciting baani..it will help and u wont feel lonely as guru sahib ji's always with us :D

as few mentioned above, go to a rehnsabiyee will be a good idea too, it will take ur mind of things..

waheguru ji ka khalsa..waheguru ji ki fateh :D

Thankyou i will be doing that............its just that i feel very lonely at the moment and dont know how to stop feeling this way............its making me depressed and i dont want to feel this way......................