Inferior

Guest _singh_

Guest _singh_

I feel sooo alone at the moment and am constantly thinking negatively i am trying to get out this by exercising/eating etc its helping but not alot. I feel alone because my social life has become non existent because all my friends drink etc but i dont like to go to those places and feel excluded so dont get invited out alot. im in my mid twenties and long for companionship too but soo far no woman has ever shown a interest in me and that has had a negative impact on me. Im not immature and understand that by marriage time i might end up marrying a girl who has been in one or two relationship (hopefully non sexual) and when i think about that i feel depressed because what if she judges me for my lack of experience and compares me to her ex-boyfriends.......I feel its all going downhill for me at the moment and im lost and im not sure what to do.......please advise and help me.

Veerji once in a while we all get sad and feel low. I've had it happen to me and I assure you that everyone else has gone through it too. From your post it seems you need a new social network...so you need to make new friends. That should solve a lot of your problems!

About the partner thing...in my experience don't look for love. Instead do your normal activities and you'll find someone. Also if she has a problem then she is not the one....so nothing lost because your not after any random person....you want something real!

All I can say is don't worry about it too much. Think about all the stuff you do have, a good job, good health, education, family etc....and remember God is there for you! Attend a Rhensbhai or Kirtan programme and make some new singh friends. :)

^^ he preety much summed it all up =]

but jus rmr yo EVERYY singh goes through this at one point or another in his life, its jus another test we have to endure

lol this is reminding me of sum lyrics from a sikhi song =P

"When life seems diffuclut an no one is around, rmr u are a singh an not sum old clown" :p loll

^^ he preety much summed it all up =]

I think every person whether sikh or not has this feeling at least once in their life... :)

There are so many things you could be doing with your 'social life'...

You could join a book club, become a youth mentor, volunteer and meet people your age no doubt.

Since you like to exercise and stay fit check out...

http://sikhinspiredfitness.forums-free.com/

and find motivation there...

Additionally, the type of person we are reflects into the UNiverse, thus the type of Sangat we keep is our own inner reflection. You are in a state of limbo right now no doubt, however if you desire that which you have asked within your heart, know that the answer is on its way, all you have to do is receive it...

Such a wonderful world to experience, what is your calling that you wish to fulfill?

I feel sooo alone at the moment and am constantly thinking negatively i am trying to get out this by exercising/eating etc its helping but not alot. I feel alone because my social life has become non existent because all my friends drink etc but i dont like to go to those places and feel excluded so dont get invited out alot. im in my mid twenties and long for companionship too but soo far no woman has ever shown a interest in me and that has had a negative impact on me. Im not immature and understand that by marriage time i might end up marrying a girl who has been in one or two relationship (hopefully non sexual) and when i think about that i feel depressed because what if she judges me for my lack of experience and compares me to her ex-boyfriends.......I feel its all going downhill for me at the moment and im lost and im not sure what to do.......please advise and help me.

I am also feelin lonely rite now bro, I told some rubbish to my very good friend , I am such a @$!@$! ! No one can be as uncaring as me , My friend didn't expect it from me , I am such a pathetic loser , I think the world should do shooting practices at me :glare:

P.S we gonna fight it out together! :TH: ..

Hath Jodo te Kaho :

Ik Om kar Satnam , Sri Waheguru! :sleep:

My dear veerji, Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Wow, this is something I can totally relate to since I live in a community that doesn’t have many Sikhs who are my age. Those few Sikhs who are my age unfortunately are not too much into Sikhi and engage in activities I have no interest in (e.g., drinking, clubbing, etc). When I started university, most of my high school friends either moved away to attend other universities or started hanging out around other people. Did this affected my social life? At first, yes! It came to the point where I had really low self esteem. I use to think to myself, wouldn’t it be so much easier if I didn’t live the life of a Sikh, if I didn’t have a beard and turban, if I started hanging out at clubs and engage myself in excessive drinking and other manmukh activities. However veerji, believe me I can attest to this fact that Waheguru looks out for us. He understands our emotions and our feelings, He knows what we’re going through. At my lowest and loneliest times the only thing that made me face another day was knowing that I have not fallen in the eyes of my Guru. So take it from me, Waheguru knows and He will do what is best for you.

As for practical advice, do simran as much as you can…in your head when in public and out loud when alone. Believe me, it makes the time go by much more splendidly. Also, talk to Waheguru…He listens…believe me, He listens. Tell Waheguru why you’re feeling down and believe me the answer will come to you. If we take inspiration from Gurbani, you’ll realize what Waheguru is trying to communicate to you.

As for finding a suitable wife, I can assure you that there are plenty of gursikh girls out there who hold the same moral values as yourself. Don’t think you have to impress anyone by superficial amazement. If you’re true to yourself and stick to your ideals, things will work out for you in the end.