Army Requires You To Shave On Certain Tasks.

Guest Kumi

I am a Sikh will I have to shave off my beard?

No. But if you're on operations, and respirators have to be worn because of a threat from Nuclear Biological or Chemical weapons, shaving will be needed to guarantee an effective seal

12:45:12 You - i cannot shave my head or take off my turban

12:46:05 You - Does that mean i cannot become a pilot?

12:46:12 CSjt Gary Harriss - you will on some operation tours wear army helmets

12:46:32 CSjt Gary Harriss - you wont get pilot then

12:46:41 You - damn

________________________________________________________________________________

if u can make sense, what u fink of this. if you haven't guessed this already, its like a conversional between army dude and me, just talkin about becoming a pilot.

btw, you guys aint worth correct spellins or capital letters.

I am a Sikh will I have to shave off my beard?

No. But if you're on operations, and respirators have to be worn because of a threat from Nuclear Biological or Chemical weapons, shaving will be needed to guarantee an effective seal

12:45:12 You - i cannot shave my head or take off my turban

12:46:05 You - Does that mean i cannot become a pilot?

12:46:12 CSjt Gary Harriss - you will on some operation tours wear army helmets

12:46:32 CSjt Gary Harriss - you wont get pilot then

12:46:41 You - damn

________________________________________________________________________________

if u can make sense, what u fink of this. if you haven't guessed this already, its like a conversional between army dude and me, just talkin about becoming a pilot.

btw, you guys aint worth correct spellins or capital letters.

hai? why so attitudy? but yeo yeah u cant become a pilot with a dastaar or beard, especialy if you want to be a fighter pilot because you wont be able to wear a oxygen mask:)

hey.. Air Marshal Arjan Singh.. ex head of indian air force was a fighter pilot and a turbaned and bearded complete gursikh sikh... lot more sikh fighter pilots in india.. Nirmal jit singh kalsi got paramvir chakra too.. and is only pilot in indian air force to get it..

No you dont have to!

regarding the seal and dhari a singh in army said that kesh iss soft and therefore not a problem to get the mask on. regarding the other stuff I suggest you ask a singh serving in army. if you need contact in british army let me know.

wjkk wjkf

go to coventry city centre and go to the army office. see mr makand singh (the first singh office in the army). he will guide you. really nice bhai sahib. he was the first sikh with full beard and turban in the british army....

wjkk wjkf

Guest Guest

@ er_gurjot -

These days to become a pilot and fly a jet aeroplane it's hard to pass with full beard.

A better option would be to aim towards becoming a turbo-pop aeroplane or a helicopter pilot. Infact it's better I would say. The heavy transport turbo-prop aeroplanes are more or less the same as your commercial aeroplanes.

It shouldn't be hard to switch over into the commercial industry (if you have GCSE's and £80,000 availible).

If you want to go down that route (commercial aeroplanes) start finding out information on the PPL, CPL & ATPL licence.

good luck!

hey.. Air Marshal Arjan Singh.. ex head of indian air force was a fighter pilot and a turbaned and bearded complete gursikh sikh... lot more sikh fighter pilots in india.. Nirmal jit singh kalsi got paramvir chakra too.. and is only pilot in indian air force to get it..

Don't mean to be picky but I think it was Nirmaljit Singh SEKHON not Kalsi who was awarded the parmvir chakra