Asa Di Vaar

_!_GUPT_!_

Exactly that's the beauty of it :D

Erm Also..Can You Listen To Asa Di Vaar After 12 Noon? Someone Told Me You Can't!

Of course you can listen to Asa Di Vaar whenever you want. Theres no restriction as to when you can and cannot read or listen Gurbani. Just because Asa Di Vaar is recited in the morning doesn't mean that the only time you can listen to it is in the morning. If I feel like doing Japji Sahib ji da paath, does that mean I have to wait until the wee hours of the morning? Will I not have the same effect of Japji Sahib if I do it in the afternoon or evening. Guru Sahib's bani is a treasure waiting to be opened...regardless of the time of day or night.

maybe this is off topic, and i dont mean to start an arguement or anything, but there are some banis that have a specific time to do them..... and if u do them at wrong time, they leave wrong results.......

I agree. For example, I've never heard anyone sing Asa Di Vaar in the evening, or any other time apart from early morning.

haha... bani will leave wrong effects... duh

nahi pyario... it wuould be BETTER to read in specific time to get MAX laha... rest u can do jaap of that bani for rest of the whole day ot night if u want!!

WJKK WJKF

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually love a recording of asa di vaar by bhai Balwinder Singh Rangila and i listen to it alot, at anytime of day i feel like hearing it. but yeah the wrong effect happened so i dont listen to it but at 3am-4am :rolleyes: listen to any bani at anytime but at least do yer panjbani at correct times. Not doing paat has bad fx but from 'if u do them at wrong time, they leave wrong results.......' please share with us who what where when and why you say you cant hear asa at 5:37pm.....

I guess I'll clear up what I was trying to say earlier...which kind of tags into what Keerpa just mentioned in the post above. I was saying that you can recite any bani at any time for your own personal satisfaction, given that you've already done your nitnem. If you did your Japuji Sahib paath in the morning but feel like reciting it again during the afternoon or evening, then there's nothing wrong with that...and there are no bad results which will arise as consequences. Why would Guru ji punish a Sikh for doing bani??? I don't seem to understand this.

Oh plus, even though I personally enjoy sangat style versions of Asa Di Vaar...Bhai Nirmal Singh Ragi recording is amazingly beautiful.

Time restriction is not on gurbani, but on raags. As per Indian Classical School of thought, raags are meant to be recited at certain times only.

Asa raag, for example, is sung when sun is rising or setting. So we have Asa Ki Vaar during morning and Rehraas Sahib during evening time.

Time restriction is not on gurbani, but on raags. As per Indian Classical School of thought, raags are meant to be recited at certain times only.

Asa raag, for example, is sung when sun is rising or setting. So we have Asa Ki Vaar during morning and Rehraas Sahib during evening time.

yes but sangat style renditions of Asa Di Vaar mostly aren't recited in raag...so therefore there's nothing in wrong in listening to those recordings whether day or night.

Though I agree, if kirtan is sung in the prescribed raag then it should only be heard at the particular timeframe or "pehar" it falls under.

people are talking about not singing Asa di vaar at the right time but no one talks about singing asa di vaar in the correct manner. If a sikh sings Asa di vaar at the wrong time he/she will get the wrong effects, but in all essence if one doesnt sing the Vaar of Asa in raag asa, he/she is really sitting in the wrong boat and going in the wrong direction.

There is no such style as Asa di vaar akj style, taksali style ONLY ASA DI VAAR, RAAG ASA STYLE.

When will our people learn to respect Satgurus hukkam and Satgurus black and white rules?

people are talking about not singing Asa di vaar at the right time but no one talks about singing asa di vaar in the correct manner. If a sikh sings Asa di vaar at the wrong time he/she will get the wrong effects, but in all essence if one doesnt sing the Vaar of Asa in raag asa, he/she is really sitting in the wrong boat and going in the wrong direction.

There is no such style as Asa di vaar akj style, taksali style ONLY ASA DI VAAR, RAAG ASA STYLE.

When will our people learn to respect Satgurus hukkam and Satgurus black and white rules?

I agree.

i understand you can't listen/sing certain raag's at certain times. But is there anywhere is Bani or the rehat maryada saying we can't listen to Asa Di Vaar?

There are no rules! Vaheguru has gave us a path and there are certain things we have to stick to to follow that path and they are NOT rules.