Asa Di Vaar

_!_GUPT_!_

Dose anyone have 'Asa Di Vaar' in AKJ Style?

Pul Chuk Maaf

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh.

can someone help ma in finding asa di // in writtne with kirtan notations

pleas

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fate

There are two books which I have, however im sure others will have published notations of asa di //. Both books which I have are in punjabi.

Gurmat Sangeet Sagar (5th volume of the set) is notations of Asa di // by Principle Dyal Singh jee who has been teaching at rakab ganj sahib jee since the 1960s and took over the vidyala from UStad Harditt Singh jee. If you go to Gurmatsangeetproject.com you will find recordings of the notations which will help you when working on the notations. Gurmat Sangeet Sagar Volume 1-4 are different raags and notations and I also recommend it.

Sant Baba Sarvan Singh jee Gandarv Dumelli wali published 7 volumes on kirtan. Volume 2 of Sur Simran Sangeet has the Asa di // notations and some shabad notations after the asa di // notations. Singh Brothers have re published Baba jees books. The older publications are cheaper though 20 rupees, while Singh brothers one is 350 rupees :D . The old publications are really hard to find but Singh brothers have done some excellent work in re publishing them. Both Principle Dyal Singh jees and Sant baba Sarvan singh jees books are available in most punjabi book shops. Singh brothers, Chattar Singh Jeevan Singh in Amritsar def have them. I bought mine from New book Company in Jullandhar and Lahore book shop in Ludhiana has these books.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand you can't listen/sing certain raag's at certain times. But is there anywhere is Bani or the rehat maryada saying we can't listen to Asa Di Vaar?
When will our people learn to respect Satgurus hukkam and Satgurus black and white rules?

There are no rules! Vaheguru has gave us a path and there are certain things we have to stick to to follow that path and they are NOT rules.

Well then please do explain the difference between hukkam and rules? Is it not Satgurus hukkam to follow Satguru Granth Sahib? Then if so why do we disobey his hukkam by not doing things in accordance to his will, which hqas been written in black and white. Please dont try and airy fairyfy things. There is no if no but, only Satgurus law and hukkam which is to follow Satguru |Granth Sahib the way satguru jis swaroop is, and that is to recite the Vaar of Raag Asa in raag asa, otherwise its pretty pointless. Its like me writing a song and its music and then others playing different music to the song i wrote.

Follow the Hukkam of satguru not ur own manmat!

actually the hukam is there is black and white, if you care to read it. Its right before you read the shabad. Thats how important the hukam is. Guru could have added the raag at the end if he wished so.

Ask yourslef why you read the raag before the shabad .

So this subject has really made one thing clear. There is no style of doing kirtan except the Guru's style. You think Guru Arjan Dev ji couldnt do kirtan in akj syle if he wanted?

Have faith in the bachan of your Guru. Guru would never tell us anything that was worthless.

actually the hukam is there is black and white, if you care to read it. Its right before you read the shabad. Thats how important the hukam is. Guru could have added the raag at the end if he wished so.

Ask yourslef why you read the raag before the shabad .

So this subject has really made one thing clear. There is no style of doing kirtan except the Guru's style. You think Guru Arjan Dev ji couldnt do kirtan in akj syle if he wanted?

Have faith in the bachan of your Guru. Guru would never tell us anything that was worthless.

Exactly, why else do we have RaagMala? This bani shows us the importance of Raags and their relations to each other.

i understand you can't listen/sing certain raag's at certain times. But is there anywhere is Bani or the rehat maryada saying we can't listen to Asa Di Vaar?
When will our people learn to respect Satgurus hukkam and Satgurus black and white rules?

There are no rules! Vaheguru has gave us a path and there are certain things we have to stick to to follow that path and they are NOT rules.

Well then please do explain the difference between hukkam and rules? Is it not Satgurus hukkam to follow Satguru Granth Sahib? Then if so why do we disobey his hukkam by not doing things in accordance to his will, which hqas been written in black and white. Please dont try and airy fairyfy things. There is no if no but, only Satgurus law and hukkam which is to follow Satguru |Granth Sahib the way satguru jis swaroop is, and that is to recite the Vaar of Raag Asa in raag asa, otherwise its pretty pointless. Its like me writing a song and its music and then others playing different music to the song i wrote.

so basicly ur saying that bhai sahib bhai randhir singh ji was on the rong boat, bhai jeevan singh ji on the wrong boat? umm no..i hope we can all agree there avastha was at a muuuchhhhh higher level then us and they didnt just do kirtan in raag....im all down for raag i love it and even do kirtan in it sometimes but that doesnt mean if u dont do kirtan in raag ur doing it rong..at the time of guru sahib raag is what people liked so to get our elephant like minds to actually pay attention to guru sahibs bani they did it in a way people liked...once they herd the bani they no longer cared about the tune but cared for the bani! also whats the point of fighting over tunes when the true bliss will come from the anhad shabad, which we will achieve when we stop fighting and start doing simran..

Exactly that's the beauty of it :D

Erm Also..Can You Listen To Asa Di Vaar After 12 Noon? Someone Told Me You Can't!

Of course you can listen to Asa Di Vaar whenever you want. Theres no restriction as to when you can and cannot read or listen Gurbani. Just because Asa Di Vaar is recited in the morning doesn't mean that the only time you can listen to it is in the morning. If I feel like doing Japji Sahib ji da paath, does that mean I have to wait until the wee hours of the morning? Will I not have the same effect of Japji Sahib if I do it in the afternoon or evening. Guru Sahib's bani is a treasure waiting to be opened...regardless of the time of day or night.

maybe this is off topic, and i dont mean to start an arguement or anything, but there are some banis that have a specific time to do them..... and if u do them at wrong time, they leave wrong results.......

i think the sing is talking about chandi di vaar....read sant baba harnam singh jis book..

so basicly ur saying that bhai sahib bhai randhir singh ji was on the rong boat, bhai jeevan singh ji on the wrong boat? umm no..i hope we can all agree there avastha was at a muuuchhhhh higher level then us and they didnt just do kirtan in raag....im all down for raag i love it and even do kirtan in it sometimes but that doesnt mean if u dont do kirtan in raag ur doing it rong..at the time of guru sahib raag is what people liked so to get our elephant like minds to actually pay attention to guru sahibs bani they did it in a way people liked...once they herd the bani they no longer cared about the tune but cared for the bani! also whats the point of fighting over tunes when the true bliss will come from the anhad shabad, which we will achieve when we stop fighting and start doing simran..

So in reference to the bold bit, do we not have a Guru now? Raag is the way to go.

Erm Also..Can You Listen To Asa Di Vaar After 12 Noon? Someone Told Me You Can't!

Of course you can listen to Asa Di Vaar whenever you want. Theres no restriction as to when you can and cannot read or listen Gurbani. Just because Asa Di Vaar is recited in the morning doesn't mean that the only time you can listen to it is in the morning. If I feel like doing Japji Sahib ji da paath, does that mean I have to wait until the wee hours of the morning? Will I not have the same effect of Japji Sahib if I do it in the afternoon or evening. Guru Sahib's bani is a treasure waiting to be opened...regardless of the time of day or night.

maybe this is off topic, and i dont mean to start an arguement or anything, but there are some banis that have a specific time to do them..... and if u do them at wrong time, they leave wrong results.......

i think the sing is talking about chandi di vaar....read sant baba harnam singh jis book..

Veer jee you are asking what is the point over fighting over tunes, however we are not fighting over tunes, we are fighting to keep alive the message of Guru jee. If people start saying there is no need for kirpana today because people needed them in them 300 years ago and not today, will you take yours off because its what the majority say? Guru jee never did things to please the majority. The problem which alot of people have is that guru jee told us to do kirtan in raag, it was not that people liked raag back in the gurus time which makes us want to do kirtan in raag, its the fact that guru jee is telling us to do kirtan in raag, just as guru Gobind Singh jee told us to be panj kakkari Khalsa (including a kirpan, not tied to some string as people do today).

Har utam har prabh Gavia, kar naad bilawal Raag.

Why should we go against guru jees updesh as above?

Its important to do simran just as it is important to live in the real world and try to contribute to preserving the heritage and message which our gurus gave us, there is no point doing what the brahmans did when babar attacked them. They started doing their tantar and mantars rather than addressing the issue, which was picking up their shaster. Today our battle is to preserve our heritage and kirtan and we have lost so much already, if we are going to sit and do simran and ignore the issues we face in preserving our history, then we are no different from the brahmans who watched babar walk all over their heritage and people.

Veer jee you are asking what is the point over fighting over tunes, however we are not fighting over tunes, we are fighting to keep alive the message of Guru jee. If people start saying there is no need for kirpana today because people needed them in them 300 years ago and not today, will you take yours off because its what the majority say? Guru jee never did things to please the majority. The problem which alot of people have is that guru jee told us to do kirtan in raag, it was not that people liked raag back in the gurus time which makes us want to do kirtan in raag, its the fact that guru jee is telling us to do kirtan in raag, just as guru Gobind Singh jee told us to be panj kakkari Khalsa (including a kirpan, not tied to some string as people do today).

Har utam har prabh Gavia, kar naad bilawal Raag.

Why should we go against guru jees updesh as above?

Its important to do simran just as it is important to live in the real world and try to contribute to preserving the heritage and message which our gurus gave us, there is no point doing what the brahmans did when babar attacked them. They started doing their tantar and mantars rather than addressing the issue, which was picking up their shaster. Today our battle is to preserve our heritage and kirtan and we have lost so much already, if we are going to sit and do simran and ignore the issues we face in preserving our history, then we are no different from the brahmans who watched babar walk all over their heritage and people.

True, but I say we blame that <banned word filter activated> e r AKJ who wanted Asa Di Vaar in 'AKJ' style, he's the one that started this <banned word filter activated>.

Veer/Bhen Degh-Tegh-Fateh,

Ignorance is seriously bliss for you isn't it? How can you say that raag is what people liked back in the time of our Satgurus? People also liked folk music too, which Satguru has catered for by creating Raags like Maajh.

There is a reason behind everything and sometimes its best to not even question as some brothers and sisters on this forum have pointed out, because we should do things because satguru says so.

Why wont you people understand that there is a deep science behind the use of Raag to carry bani accross to the listener. We will reach the stage where soo people will say its ok to read Gurbani wrong (i.e. pronunciation) as long as the person reciting bani is reciting bani.

Every decision that Satguru made was future proof, so how is this ideology about raag only restricted to the time of our Gurus?

Like a veer said, we live in an age where the gun is prevelant, should we drop our kirpana and pick up guns?

If Bani is the sentances and paragraphs then the Raag is the grammer, which dictates the context in which we should understand bani.

Countless times have i used the analogy about shouting at a child with a smile on the face, it will do nothing but confuse. The lakh khushia patshahia shabad which we twist to feed our swarth and manmukhta, by a) using "lakh khushia patshahia" as the anthra and b) singing it in a happy tune. This totally destroyes the meaning of the shabad because Siri Raag is a very serious raag, which is befiting in this shabad because everyones central focus in life is happiness which is a very serious matter, and Satguru states that we must nasht the panj chor and submit to Satguru before we can gain ultimate bliss. Tell me whats so happy and lovey dovey about that. Satguru is teaching us a serious lesson that nothing is achieved without penance etc. By singing it in a happy tune we are nothing but diluting the gravity of the message.

Wake up people and smell the atta on the jori, enough of this foolish manmat and swarth and idiotic notion that what matters is that you recite bani which is all that matters. If you cant implement the grammer of bani samaj swah ohni ya? And by not using correct grammer we arent reciting bani correctly especially when weve got £5 raagis grabbing any tukh as the mukh ang.

Ram Rai altered a one word and satguru refused to see him, we are altering the entire structure of bani isnt that worse?

Wake up!