'banis' Attributed To Guru Nanak

Yes, pure jyot has no DNA unlike all living things in maya world.

We have the problem that we can't recognize it.

This is where we have to make the effort. You have to make the effort to be as per gurmat.....to simran.... to hear the divine anhad shabad within, because they are there in each of us, but we have made ourselves deaf to them......TRY and keep TRYING and you will discover your MOOL within. .

Something that is formless and that cannot be grasped by the five senses cannot be listened to by the five senses or heard from the mind. So listening would be out of the question unless your interpretation of listening is different than defined in the dictionary.

There is a easier way how about you back track the shabad from where it came from by totally negating what is temporary and you will come to the source by logical conclusion. Trying trying and trying will make you tired and bring you to the brink of giving up.

Something that is formless and that cannot be grasped by the five senses cannot be listened to by the five senses or heard from the mind. So listening would be out of the question unless your interpretation of listening is different than defined in the dictionary.

There is a easier way how about you back track the shabad from where it came from by totally negating what is temporary and you will come to the source by logical conclusion. Trying trying and trying will make you tired and bring you to the brink of giving up.

I'm not sure what you are referring to here ?

I'm not sure what you are referring to here ?

You said about hearing the anhad shabad from within but how can it be because the anhad shabad is beyond our perception it is not part of the physical (Astool) or suksham(mental/astral) plane. Listening is done by the ears and mind but gurbani states that the the root of shabad is sukham that cannot be determined by the five senses or mind.

You said about hearing the anhad shabad from within but how can it be because the anhad shabad is beyond our perception it is not part of the physical (Astool) or suksham(mental/astral) plane. Listening is done by the ears and mind but gurbani states that the the root of shabad is sukham that cannot be determined by the five senses or mind.

I'm sorry but I disagree here.

The anhad shabad is not about your senses or ears. You hear it when you take your surat as deep, deep within.

You either understand this, or you don't.

Talking about your senses and ears is the talk of missionaries

I don't want to go off topic here, but you can discuss this on another thread.

I'm sorry but I disagree here.

The anhad shabad is not about your senses or ears. You hear it when you take your surat as deep, deep within.

You either understand this, or you don't.

Talking about your senses and ears is the talk of missionaries

I don't want to go off topic here, but you can discuss this on another thread.

Anhad shabad should be present all the time if it requires effort to hear then it is not the anhad shabad because then there is still an ego who is still trying to hear it.

Anhad shabad should be present all the time if it requires effort to hear then it is not the anhad shabad because then there is still an ego who is still trying to hear it.

Not being cocky here singhji, but i said earlier-

This is where we have to make the effort. You have to make the effort to be as per gurmat.....to simran.... to hear the divine anhad shabad within, because they are there in each of us, but we have made ourselves deaf to them......TRY and keep TRYING and you will discover your MOOL within. .

Then in return, you implied that we can't keep makng effort.- however, i'm sure gurbani tells us about udham (effort)

Trying trying and trying will make you tired and bring you to the brink of giving up.

The you also said above, that you can't hear the divine nirgun without senses.....

Singhji, you seem to want to keep knocking every suggestion i make and then contradicting yourself in the process !!

I'm usually very calm unlike some other members and i don't often engage in this competitive EGO dialogue.

This stuff becomes a drain on each others path and i have had my fair share of 'spiritual drains'

If you sincerely find some suggestion i made as NOT per gurmat or sikhi, then please advise and discuss and we can all learn.

I have learned a lot from just reading other well learned members posts on this forum.And there are a few very wise beings on here that benefit all of us. Sometmes, i also find that i learn a lot more by just listening and reading from others whilst keeping my own mouth shut ! :biggrin2:

Not being cocky here singhji, but i said earlier-

Then in return, you implied that we can't keep makng effort.- however, i'm sure gurbani tells us about udham (effort)

The you also said above, that you can't hear the divine nirgun without senses.....

Singhji, you seem to want to keep knocking every suggestion i make and then contradicting yourself in the process !!

I'm usually very calm unlike some other members and i don't often engage in this competitive EGO dialogue.

This stuff becomes a drain on each others path and i have had my fair share of 'spiritual drains'

If you sincerely find some suggestion i made as NOT per gurmat or sikhi, then please advise and discuss and we can all learn.

I have learned a lot from just reading other well learned members posts on this forum.And there are a few very wise beings on here that benefit all of us. Sometmes, i also find that i learn a lot more by just listening and reading from others whilst keeping my own mouth shut ! :biggrin2:

I'm not here to piss you off or shoot down your points as they are valid too. I like reading your posts and I have been reading your posts over the last few years over here and Sikh philosophy and I like the way you have developed in your understanding. If I read your old posts they are different from your new ones and you are heading in the right direction.

I have been on this path for the last 15 years and I have done my fair share of effort of "japping naam" and trying to progress by hearing something spiritual or maybe looking for an experience and I think initially effort is required until we understand that effort will not lead us to the goal rather we must let go of ourselves and that does not require any effort and understanding.

Maybe I have spent most of life trying to put in the effort to find God and have realized this point of effortless after so long. The problem is it is so difficult to explain by writing on this forum...

Also I have had my suggestions and practices knocked down a numerous times and you know what it always hurts the ego because we don't want to change or rethink what we already know. All I can say is until the day we can say we have realized God then we should be willing to be knocked down and proved wrong.

Look at dasam granth the way guru gobind singh knocks down so many practices and concepts its painful for people who follow them but until we come to the avasta of

kabir tu tu karta tu hua , mujh mein rha na hoon

jab aapa par ka mitt gya , jat dekhaan tat tu
All practices that require a you to be aware of consciously like the anhad shabad then it isn't it.

No problem Singhji......Don't worry you haven't peed me off ! :cool2:

We should embrace the the similarities and common that we have amongst us.

Don't get me wrong, I too, have made wrong assumptions in the past, only to learn from them further ahead.

I know what you mean about effort being difficult to explain because in effect it is about letting go and detaching as well.

To make the effort to let go of all thoughts and immerse yourself with Guruji is not easy to explain.

It's all about stages and sometimes we all doubt if we are doing it correctly.

If you've followed some of my posts, then you shall be aware that i have been a late comer into sikhi. I was mona and typical trendy dude on the street all my life(indulged in everything and everyone) until i had that God given awakening. I am still learning and know that i will continue to do so.

We can all help each other on this method of discussion and i have probably learned from members who don't even realise the impact they may have had on me.

May waheguru bless you on this journey and I repeat, I don't hold the slightest negativity against you. I just don't do that anymore because i have made enough bad karams myself through a lifetime of paap. I don't need to create any more bad karams across the airwaves with people i have never met in real life. I know that i have so much good and bhagti to do before i get anywhere near balancing my hasaab. :biggrin2:

Waheguru.