This Video Hubled Me And Will Do The Same To U Too!

Sat Sri Akal Sangat;

I usually search youtube for any special Kirtan programmes.....but I simply was humbled when I Heard and watched sikhnet.net official annual video with Kirtan playing in raags which just had tears flowing out of me for no apparent reason.

I enjoy kirtan very much in general but this was so pure that it stirred very different emotions

You enjoy it too:

now the most amazing part is that it is Sung by Shafqat Ali Khan and does not take more than one guess to know that he is a muslim .

If anyone is aware that in which Raag has the shabad been sung and if you could post the link for more such gurbani in the same raagas I would be grateful on behalf of everyone who listen's to the kirtan.

Also please post your fav kirtan gurbani video audio clips and share the holy treasure with Sangat.

Fateh

SSA....

Oh that is so nice of you....just sat through the whole kirta nd loved every shabad of it.

Thanks a lot.

Fateh

I don't beleive that it is in a Raag. Shafqat Ali Khan has just composed the Shabad very beutifully .

WJKK WJKF...

If it is Kirtan or even if not just by listening to it I can assure that it is based on some raagas .....

It will be great if some experienced listeners can recommend similar raag based kirtan.

Or even our Sangat's personal fav wil also be a great experience to go thru!

Fateh

No i doubt its based in any raags . As he sings he does use alot of harkith but as i listen to it i cannot hear any clear sound of a raag.

And really you can just be playing around with an instrument playing random notes and you could probably play notes from a raag .

Fateh . 8

am i the only person who only likes raag kirtan only on a stringed instrument........ :umm:

no , i ONLY listen raag kirtan. in the gurdwara its a difrent matter, cos you have to lissen to woteva they play, but at home/car/work raag kirtan is only kirtan i would play. i find it hard to listen to anyother.

We shud promote raag kirtan as much as we can.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't understand what they are singing most of the time :sad:

if you know the shabd u would=) i do have hard time understanding sometimes (if i dont know the shabd and/or if its my first time hearing it)...i usually listen to kirtan AT Night or when the sun isnt shinning outside. sunshine distracts me lol

use head phones/high speakerz(if no ones home :) )