Rakhri Selling Shops In Southall?

Guest Guest

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Save your self some money, go to B & Q any by a ball of string, because that’s all rakhri is a piece of string which serves no purpose, is meaningless, foolish, superstitious and anti-gurmat.

Better still just rip some thread of some old clothes.

Big - ups. Harmeet Singh!!!

Rakhri and the history or mythology behind it smacks of Brahmanical Ideology. I had sent clear directions to my sister not to send me any rakhri in 2006 she did even though i advised her not to. In 2007 she didn't though she was crossed wiv me and a bit upset. This year she's fine, she already knows what she gotto do- nothing. But i am happy, at least one brahmanical practice has been uprooted from our home.

If we don't stop these manmat practices they form a chain and continue for generations and set precedents- afterall it's manmat- doesn't need any kamai. By performing these silly rituals not only are we encouraging brahmanism, deforming our own culture but also contradicting Sikhism. We don't need a hukamnama for every small thing. Anyone with reasonably good amount of knowledge on sikhi and gurbani can easily tell that it's Manmat.

We hardly remember all our Gurpurabs, shaheedi divas' but Rakhris, Lohris we hardly forget and celebrate them with huge enthusiasm. What a shame !!!!!

We hardly remember all our Gurpurabs, shaheedi divas' but Rakhris, Lohris we hardly forget and celebrate them with huge enthusiasm. What a shame !!!!!

Save your self some money, go to B & Q any by a ball of string, because that's all rakhri is a piece of string which serves no purpose, is meaningless, foolish, superstitious and anti-gurmat.

Better still just rip some thread of some old clothes.

Big - ups. Harmeet Singh!!!

:vaheguru: