Cholay

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

ya there are a couple of people in surrey. And the one 'Gurmukh' is referring to, he is really expensive!...i went to his house once, and he had some Cholays that were already made...the people who dropped off the cloth never picked up the finished product. He asked me if i wanted to but one, he would charge me for just the cost of making it (the fabric is free)...and he said $70!!! $70 is way too much for just the cost of labour...but i heard about some other Singh who makes them for like $20...i will get his number and post it in a couple of days.

btw- Punjab is the way to go...i got all my Cholays from there, and they cost like $10-$12 for fabric and labour! If you know someone going there, just give them your measurements (ie--neck, shoulders, arm length, lenth of chola, chest, and stomach)...try "New Gulatti Tailors" right by Darbar Sahib in Amritsar if you want the 'pullover types'...but if you want 'Nihang Singh style' them le t me know, and i will tell you where the shop is in Amritsar, since the Singh has no shop name...but i know exactly where it is.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

haha..ok...i looked at the number of replies and thought wow, there's that many cholay makers in surrey??

THEN i saw that everyone was talking about food...

surrey singh, can u post the number for both the people asap? and how long do u think it would take?

and umm i tried getting a chola made from india, when my grandma went...and i told her PLAIN white kaprha...

i guess she didnt think it looked pretty enough so she got it made with FLOWERS on it.

:@ @

haha..ok...i looked at the number of replies and thought wow, there's that many cholay makers in surrey??

THEN i saw that everyone was talking about food...

surrey singh, can u post the number for both the people asap? and how long do u think it would take?

and umm i tried getting a chola made from india, when my grandma went...and i told her PLAIN white kaprha...

i guess she didnt think it looked pretty enough so she got it made with FLOWERS on it.

:lol: @

:@:@:)

Thats a good one... why dont you start that fashion ..... :wub: tongue.gif

hmmmmmmmm.... wait ... not a good idea .... :lol:

......... but still funnny.......... :wub:

ok me gonna go eat some CHOLAYYY :lol:

Surrey Singh...

Do the 'pull over' or 'regular' type chola's have slits down the sides???

Is there no way that you could maybe post a pic of that type of chola :T: , I'd prefer that over the Nihang/Taksaal ones you've spoken about in the past, BUT I just want to see what it looks like as I might be going to India this year and so NEED to know what I'm talking about when I go!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

ya...sorry guys...i've been really busy this weekend. The regular 'pullover' type chola does have slits down the sides...they aren't open in the front like Nihang Singh ones. I'll post a pic of one tomorrow (don't have the cd with pic right now)...and i will find out about the guy who makes them for $20...sorry for not responding, i've been really busy with school lately...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!