Will You Do Simran At...

Akaali

Will you do simran at...  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Will you do simran at a cemetery?

• Yes
    • No

...a shamshanghat (cemetery)?

I feel its a great idea to go to shamshanghat for simran. Eventually, one day all of us are going to end up there, hahahaha, so why not get familiar with it beforehand ? hahaha

Moreover, there is lots of peace there and there is constant reminder of death, which must give bairaag to mind and aid in concentration during simran.

I guess all of us shud try this. But make sure u have shastars with u , because who knows, some pret aattmaa might get active and attack you, uuuffffffff thats scary.

Saw this post by Harinder Singh on another topic, and was curious as to what the sangat thinks..

Cemeteries have a habit of having attmas hanging around them; usually ones that can’t let go of the physical existence. If someone was to do tapasia, bagti, simran, yoga etc etc in such a place they would need to be very spiritually advanced. The reason being if a person was to undertake such a thing they would naturally attract the disembodied that because of their nature are attracted to the source of Bagti etc as they generally only work of their tendencies but they do understand that this source can also lead to salvation, mukti, etc etc in a very basic form of understanding. They would and could create all sorts of problems for the practitioner who is unprepared.

There is no doubt that ghosts or pret aatmaas exist. In Sri Sukhmani Sahib, there is a tukk mentioning the existance of crores of pret aatmaas.

So if one decides to do simran at a shamshanghat in the night, u can have an encounter with a pret. Bhai SAhib Randhir Singh jee had an encounter with a pret where he did Sri Akhand Path for the liberation of the pret.

ONly a bahadur naam japan vallaa insaan can do simran in the shamshanghaat. But it must be an out of the world experience. Having a vajja and singing 9th paatshah di baani, doing naam abhiyaas at a shamshanghaat in the night, when there is complete silence and peace.. wooowwwww

NO.

Pret atmaas are everywhere, they might be even next to you looking at your computer. In cementries there are only skeletons or dried bones. I won't do simran at cementry, only because simran should be done with sadh sangat and dead skeletons are not sangat. However if i was in midst of a war and there were thousands of dead bodies lying around me, i will do simran there. life and death two sides of same coin, as you read this post millions of bacteria are dying in your intestine helping you digest your food.

pret atmaas don't come near Singhs who wear kara of guru.

There is no doubt that ghosts or pret aatmaas exist. In Sri Sukhmani Sahib, there is a tukk mentioning the existance of crores of pret aatmaas.

So if one decides to do simran at a shamshanghat in the night, u can have an encounter with a pret. Bhai SAhib Randhir Singh jee had an encounter with a pret where he did Sri Akhand Path for the liberation of the pret.

ONly a bahadur naam japan vallaa insaan can do simran in the shamshanghaat. But it must be an out of the world experience. Having a vajja and singing 9th paatshah di baani, doing naam abhiyaas at a shamshanghaat in the night, when there is complete silence and peace.. wooowwwww

I second that, it would be quite an experience.

NO.

Pret atmaas are everywhere, they might be even next to you looking at your computer. In cementries there are only skeletons or dried bones. I won't do simran at cementry, only because simran should be done with sadh sangat and dead skeletons are not sangat. However if i was in midst of a war and there were thousands of dead bodies lying around me, i will do simran there. life and death two sides of same coin, as you read this post millions of bacteria are dying in your intestine helping you digest your food.

pret atmaas don't come near Singhs who wear kara of guru.

I agree that pret aatmaas are everywhere but they prefer sunsaaan lonely places far away from human habitation. Some old people of my pind have told me real stores of their encounter with prets in the khets(farms) late at night around 30-40 years back when the population was very less. My mother who is a professor and does not believe in andh-vishwas had an encounter with the pret aatmaas when she was around 18 in Ludhiana city which is so thickly populated these days.

She told me that back then there were goriaan diyaan kabraan near the government model high school, near Prince Hostel and sikhar duphere(peak noon), noone used to pass near those kabraan.