Why havent you taken Amrit yet ?

44 members have voted

1. 1. Why havent you taken Amrit yet ?

• I dont think i am good enough to be an amritdhari
    • I am not sure if i will be able to do all the path everyday.
    • I can't give up meat !
    • No great inclination

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wierd.

I'm more of an atheist, yet I want to take amrit. :T:

I dont know if such a thing is possible, so im waiting to figure myself out first.

Can't understand the concept of "God" but yet fully understand the meaning and the purpose of the "Khalsa"

weird kid, ain't I?

We all learn. ;gwork

I'm wierd.

I dont know if such a thing is possible, so im waiting to figure myself out first.

Can't understand the concept of "God" but yet fully understand the meaning and the purpose of the "Khalsa"

weird kid, ain't I?

We all learn. ;gwork

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I think you should re-consider.

If ur an Atheist - U can't be a Khalsa, or vice versa.

To take Amrit - means you GIVE YOU HEAD - You give ur life, to the hands of the Guru

u live according to the wil of the Guru.

Now but if u don't believe IN waheguroo (which im surprised you don't as it make s alot of sense - where even scientists like Einstien did)

Then I don't see the point of you taking Amrit

I think you shoud think about it - and reconsider where you stand :@

bhull chukk maaf

GurFAteh

I'm wierd.

weird kid, ain't I?

We all learn. ;gwork

WOW !

^_^

Its one of the strangest things i have ever heard. But i really respect you for coming out with the exactly what you feel. and you do make some sense.

WHat exactly so you like about khalsa...do you believe in a greater force if not God ?

I'm wierd.

I'm more of an atheist, yet I want to take amrit.  :T:

weird kid, ain't I?

We all learn.  ;gwork

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I think you should re-consider.

If ur an Atheist - U can't be a Khalsa, or vice versa.

To take Amrit - means you GIVE YOU HEAD - You give ur life, to the hands of the Guru

u live according to the wil of the Guru.

Now but if u don't believe IN waheguroo (which im surprised you don't as it make s alot of sense - where even scientists like Einstien did)

Then I don't see th

e point of you taking Amrit

I think you shoud think about it - and reconsider where you stand :@

bhull chukk maaf

GurFAteh

yes Mr. Singh

I know it doesnt make sense, thats why I'm waiting to figure myself out first :@ . Once I have structured my belief completely, then I will decide what to do. Right now I'm a Singh and still learning, im not taking amrit immediately, and im not giving up sikhi immediately. Time will tell.

"WOW !

Its one of the strangest things i have ever heard. But i really respect you for coming out with the exactly what you feel. and you do make some sense.

WHat exactly so you like about khalsa...do you believe in a greater force if not God?"

Mrgreycells, indeed its a strange thing, but im a wierd kid.

The story comes as follows:

I first began to get into sikhi through history, recent history, of events of 1984. And I was still relatively young, so sikhi helped mold my morals, I dont cut my hair, drink, smoke etc. etc..

The things I like about the Khalsa is the idea and purpose of it. Purpose of not to have an alliance to a single country, you go beyond that and you work and fight for mankind. Defenders of faith and defenders for mankind. It seems to me that Khalsa is the solution that we need now to help this corrupt state of humans.

As for what I believe in as a higher force, As of now I believe there is nothing of higher force.

This is all new ground and is very strange for me too. It was just about 2-3 months ago, where i was 100% ready to take amrit. What the gurus wrote on how to live life, and what to do seems so perfect. I respect

them and understand exactly what their saying, I respect most religious observers.

As society evolves, I see the need and purpose of the Khalsa, and what they do for mankind, but I dont see the need for the "theory" of God.

In such a corrupt world, I cant seem to grasp the concept of God.

It's probably just relative to my situation im in with this life.

I could take amrit and oblige myself to good deeds and protection of mankind everywhere. I dont know if i could take amrit and oblige myself to prayer to a higher force. Its strange becuase 2-3 months ago I wouldnt mind doing it, but my parents told me not to do take it and blah blah.

Now I'm like this. :'(

Its a state of turmoil, I dont know what to do. Forget and give up everything thats led me to have a good life so far and put so much meaning to my life? Or go full into something I dont seem to believe in?

rolleyes.gif interesting!

natsilahk jee maybe you should read Sri Guru Granth Sahib, to understand the "theory of God". try doing Naam Simran and see if you find Waheguru. God cannot be explained or theorized but experienced. so rest is you to you.

and mrgreycells bhaji i said about Amrit and Gursikhi Jeevan, because i have not Amrit either. so i am not Gursikh.

As society evolves, I see the need and purpose of the Khalsa, and what they do for mankind, but I dont see the need for the "theory" of God.

Okay this probably requires somebody good at explaining things, but i will give my few cents.

Being a Khalsa - you gotta do Path, and read Shri Guru Granth Sahib, right ?

Now if you get up every moring and do japji - you start the day understanding fully where you are in this universe - understand who is supreme.

It makes you humble - which is a good thing.

You have no tensions because you know - the supreme power is making it all happen and he can do no wrong. You just do your work well, which is all that matters.

So even if things go wrong you have the belief which you reminded yourself of in the morning that it is all according to the will of God and you never feel bad... As they say - you should have a positive outlook to life...

I think everybody can do with the belief of God !

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

rolleyes.gif interesting!

natsilahk jee maybe you should read Sri Guru Granth Sahib, to understand the "theory of God". try doing Naam Simran and see if you find Waheguru. God cannot be explained or theorized but experienced. so rest is you to you.

and mrgreycells bhaji i said about Amrit and Gursikhi Jeevan, because i have not Amrit either. so i am not Gursikh.

Singh (natsilahk)

Listen to Deep Singh jee's advice

try doign Naam Simran

or putting on Some AKj simran with max volume, and recite

WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU

and tell us how u feel

not just ONCE or TWICE, but regularily.... Take the first step

the Guru will take THOUSANDS TO piCK U Up (Bhai Gurdas Jee ^_^ )

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!