Fitte Mooh Tere

Today after ardaas , as my Gurdwara's (Brent Sikh Centre) commitee member came up before microphone to deliver his usual weekly lecture i was taken aback when he specially reminded sangat of Rakhris falling on Saturday, tho the mentioned that it's not religious but cultural thing but why the heck we need to propogate these Brahmanical practices from our highest institutions i.e Gurdwaras instead of discouraging sangat from it especially youngsters at early age should be protected from influences of various cultures (mainly hindu and western) mixing up with their lifestyles.

As if bollywood movies and indian media weren't enough to corrupt our society it seems Gurdwara Committees have taken it on themselves to completely get the job done- make us hindus.

I doubt if we celebrate or even remember all our Gurpurabs, Shaheedi divas', Ghallugaras and other important dates like Battle of Saragarhi e.t.c but we hardly forget to celebrate the Rakhris and Lohris, incase we are not sure of the dates gurdwara commitee members are here to remind us. Shame !!!!!!

Today after ardaas , as my Gurdwara's (Brent Sikh Centre) commitee member came up before microphone to deliver his usual weekly lecture i was taken aback when he specially reminded sangat of Rakhris falling on Saturday, tho the mentioned that it's not religious but cultural thing but why the heck we need to propogate these Brahmanical practices from our highest institutions i.e Gurdwaras instead of discouraging sangat from it especially youngsters at early age should be protected from influences of various cultures (mainly hindu and western) mixing up with their lifestyles.

As if bollywood movies and indian media weren't enough to corrupt our society it seems Gurdwara Committees have taken it on themselves to completely get the job done- make us hindus.

I doubt if we celebrate or even remember all our Gurpurabs, Shaheedi divas', Ghallugaras and other important dates like Battle of Saragarhi e.t.c but we hardly forget to celebrate the Rakhris and Lohris, incase we are not sure of the dates gurdwara commitee members are here to remind us. Shame !!!!!!

yeah that is a shamee cause all the punjabi people i know all go round each others houses to put Rakhris on..and then giv barfi n then giv money but i never really got thatt cause thats not religious or anything to do with our religion.although i admit once or twice i have placed rakhri on someone but only bcs i was in india or forced.

yeah that is a shamee cause all the punjabi people i know all go round each others houses to put Rakhris on..and then giv barfi n then giv money but i never really got thatt cause thats not religious or anything to do with our religion.although i admit once or twice i have placed rakhri on someone but only bcs i was in india or forced.

"Forced" Rakhris........that was unheard of....lol

^ i say not each to their own

each to the PANTH

as sikhs, esp if ur amritdhari

what we think is good may not agree with maharaj's mat

so b4 jumping to conclusions, keep in mind that as sikhs, esp amritdharis, u represent the panth

we say one sikh=125,000

that doesnt only mean one can fight with that many

but also that one represents that many other members of the panth

so no,

not each to their own

each to the panth

^ i say not each to their own

each to the PANTH

as sikhs, esp if ur amritdhari

what we think is good may not agree with maharaj's mat

so b4 jumping to conclusions, keep in mind that as sikhs, esp amritdharis, u represent the panth

we say one sikh=125,000

that doesnt only mean one can fight with that many

but also that one represents that many other members of the panth

so no,

not each to their own

each to the panth

Well thats ur personal opinion...as for non-amrithdhari sikhs and others, it is each to their own, even so i cant careless what anyone does, all I am bothered about is myself!