1 God?

singhunit

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my opinion i think God decides what religion we are born in to based on our deeds for a reason because like the parents and the family we are born in to theres like a reason e.g to pay of some karmic debt due to our past lives and the way each life is orientated is so we can pay these debts off and maybe because were supposed to learn something.do i make sense??for example i think if i was born in to any other religon i dont think i would be wanting to understand God but i would be very away from God.but whoes to say which path is right? in all religions one does face obstacles no religion is easier to get to unite with God.

The way I see it, and this is only my personal opinion, so feel free to correct me if you think I am wrong. Everyone achieves what they aim and aspire for. Hindus worship a particular deity and want to go to the lok ("planet") of that deity after death (if not all, atleast most Hindus, and I make this statement as I used to be one so don't grab my neck already LOL). Muslims and Christians believe in heaven, Buddhists believe in nirvana. So basically, if you follow your religion in the best way, and aspire for whatever afterlife that religion preaches, eventually thats what you get. In Sikhi, we believe in Sachkhand (which can be achieved even while you are alive as well). Unlike other faiths which state that non-believers are eternally damned, Sikhi states that one achieves what one aspires for. Sikhs believe in Sachkhand, its becoming one with Akal Purakh. Its above any "planet" or any heaven.

These are just my thoughts, based on what I've come across talking to other GurSikhs on a similar topic. At the end of the day, its upto Akal Purakh whom He wants to bless with Sachkhand. Claiming "exclusive rights" on something one hasn't even seen is just hilarious! Remember the sakhi of Bhai Sobha Ram who did sewa of the 7th to the 10th Guru and was re-born as a bear. So it would be wrong to give ourselves too much credit and sit back thinking we've got our passport to heaven.

I know some others are going to reply as well, and I know who exactly is going to reply, and what exactly they are going to say (not going to take any names LOL). Lets sit back and see how nasty this thread gets before its closed :) .

Once again, please feel free to point out any mistakes. I am learning myself and haven't checked out any planet, any heaven or Sachkhand itself to know which one is the highest.

The whole theory of karma was invented by Brahmins to subdue the lower castes so that they do not revolt and accept their low life fate as fruit of their past lives.

In Sikhi Karma is subject to grace of Guru (Guru Granth Sahib). By coming under sharan of Guruji we realise that we are not inferior or superior but childeren of God, as were Buddha, Ram, Muhammed, jesus etc. And this world is real (i.e why kirt karo, naam japo, wand chakko) and we should wash away all dirt of ignorance from our heart and mind and attain God with naam.

This is already been discussed in very detail in previous debates between myself and bijla singh/singh132 etc... just look at previous debates along with questions/answers thread with sant jagjit singh ji where this was bought couple of times with sant ji .. link : http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=359984

you know i have no intention of changing one's beleif that sikhi is one and only true path and rest are false anymore..can't be simply arsed... but i do have one question... lets give you guys benefit of doubt that sikhi is one and only true path and rest are false.. question i have is- what you doing about it? since you already beleived that sikhi is one and only true path and rest are false and only amritdhari singh or kaur can get to sachkhand, don't you guys feel how lucky you are to born in such dharam where rest of all dharams are false, if you guys feel that lucky why not strive get to sachkhand instead of engaging on debates here... you know funny thing just like mool mantar debate where no one will jap on mool mantar yet debate all day as how long is mool mantar, everyone of us are so hell bent to prove sikhi is one and only true path, create blogs , create website sikh answers but no one is willing to truest follow it...if we follow it truest, we wouldnt be here.. because at that highest state of bairaag to get to sachkhand, there is no desire to eat, drink or sleep, using a computer, on top of that - typing it in www.sikhsangat.com on top of that click on general section on top of that - go through the threads and pick the ones that you really like is tottaly way out of this true marg.

thats all i have to say.

i disagree with the part of using the pc - its a modern part of life and guru ji doesnt stop up from adapting...its used daily even part of work etc etc

it winds me up when people say instead of coming on sikhsangat to do a, b or c. personally coming on this forum has taught me alot....if i had your thinking i wouldnt have come on sikhsangat and wouldnt have learnt it.

i disagree with the part of using the pc - its a modern part of life and guru ji doesnt stop up from adapting...its used daily even part of work etc etc

it winds me up when people say instead of coming on sikhsangat to do a, b or c. personally coming on this forum has taught me alot....if i had your thinking i wouldnt have come on sikhsangat and wouldnt have learnt it.

learning is fine, without adapting or apply to our lives learning is useless. i m as much guilty of everyone else. japji sahib talks about sunan, manan, nidhasan.. we unfortunately get stuck somewhere between middle of manan and nidhasan.

from that attachment link i found the bit about having dreams linked to previous life interesting. My cousin recently passed away and i had a dream of him - told my mum and she said its meant to be a bad sign......or it could be purely bcus i was thinking about him? paranoia?