Nam Simran

ssfguy2

Please express your views, personal experience on this.

Some of the topic I would like to hear on this are

1. What is Simran?

2. Need of Simran?

3. Method of doing Simran?

4. State of Nam (Simran) Practioners? mental State that is, what they experience.

5. How many types of known Meditations are out there? @ Kh@ls@ Ji :)

Guru Fateh Jio.

1) Repetition of Maharajs name.

2)Without it you might aswell not have been born. Without it life is a waste of time a complete illusion.

3)Many different methods, initially naam is given by punj pyareh then as your avashta progresses you may well change to a different jugti perhaps because a mahapursh tells you to or perhaps because Guru Jee themselves tells you to.

4)Read Mahapursh's jeevans or shabads about naam I'm sure other people will post some.

Also use the search function

1) Repetition of Maharajs name.

2)Without it you might aswell not have been born. Without it life is a waste of time a complete illusion.

3)Many different methods, initially naam is given by punj pyareh then as your avashta progresses you may well change to a different jugti perhaps because a mahapursh tells you to or perhaps because Guru Jee themselves tells you to.

4)Read Mahapursh's jeevans or shabads about naam I'm sure other people will post some.

Also use the search function

All I got to say is wow Khalsa Ji.

Only one out of all the readers.

Guru has blessed you.

There is only one gurmat way of japping Naam. The punj pyare after telling the gurmantar, tell the technique to japp naam. A person who knows this technique and practices at amritvela for 3 hours knows its secrets. He gets to know how this technique is in rythm with the gurmantar akhars and human breathing. Then during the day, this same technique is used to do gupt abhiyaas by keep surti on tongue and swaas.

I know people are going to bash me for writing there is only one gurmat way. hahahahaha

If ur sant baba or mahapurash baba has told u atechnique and u feel happy about it, all the best to you.

sant janaa(punj pyare) har mantarr DRIRRYAAA, har sajan vasgat kenee raaam.

Gurfatehji,

kh@ls@ ji has explained very correctly. Please allow me to express my opinion as under :

Simran : remembering the lord almighty.

need of simran : we are only fulfilling our promise to the lord whilst still in mother's womb, that "lord please let me out of this hell and i will remember you always".

method of simran : this, according to one's preference, could be verbal, silent though i prefer it going on in the anaahad even while we are at work.

mental status of meditators : elation whereby they are always surrounded by an eternal bliss.

types of meditation : still need to find out for myself. If anyone knows, please enlighten me.

State of mind varies immensely. I have heard from a friend that at some avastha the dasam dwar vibrates as if being struck with a drum. and when struck, there is a feeling of immense anand. amrit drips down from dasam dwar (top of head), and the feeling of anand is greater than any drug. the breath feels like it flies up and goes through the head, through the dasam dwar, producing anand each time it slides through. and the person can also feel the breath moving in the head, producing a strange sensation when sliding behind the eyes. also, there is the taste of amrit in the person's saliva.

:pray: my own experience is insignificant compared to this.

Lots of different ways to do simran. Some ways can be done by anyone, such as japping naam with rasna (the tongue) or japping naam saas giras (joining gurmantr with every in breath and out breath). Other methods require guidance from a qualified person and are only done by those who are thought to be at a stage where they can do it properly. an example of one of these advanced methods from Gurbani:

ਰਾਗੁ ਮਾਰੂ ਬਾਣੀ ਜੈਦੇਉ ਜੀਉ ਕੀ

Raag Maaroo, The Word Of Jai Dayv Jee:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਚੰਦ ਸਤ ਭੇਦਿਆ ਨਾਦ ਸਤ ਪੂਰਿਆ ਸੂਰ ਸਤ ਖੋੜਸਾ ਦਤੁ ਕੀਆ

The breath is drawn in through the left nostril; it is held in the central channel of the Sukhmanaa, and exhaled through the right nostril, repeating the Lord's Name sixteen times.

ਅਬਲ ਬਲੁ ਤੋੜਿਆ ਅਚਲ ਚਲੁ ਥਪਿਆ ਅਘੜੁ ਘੜਿਆ ਤਹਾ ਅਪਿਉ ਪੀਆ ॥੧॥

I am powerless; my power has been broken. My unstable mind has been stabilized, and my unadorned soul has been adorned. I drink in the Ambrosial Nectar. ||1||

ਮਨ ਆਦਿ ਗੁਣ ਆਦਿ ਵਖਾਣਿਆ

Within my mind, I chant the Name of the Primal Lord God, the Source of virtue.

ਤੇਰੀ ਦੁਬਿਧਾ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਸੰਮਾਨਿਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

My vision, that You are I are separate, has melted away. ||1||Pause||

ਅਰਧਿ ਕਉ ਅਰਧਿਆ ਸਰਧਿ ਕਉ ਸਰਧਿਆ ਸਲਲ ਕਉ ਸਲਲਿ ਸੰਮਾਨਿ ਆਇਆ

I worship the One who is worthy of being worshipped. I trust the One who is worthy of being trusted. Like water merging in water, I merge in the Lord.

ਬਦਤਿ ਜੈਦੇਉ ਜੈਦੇਵ ਕਉ ਰੰਮਿਆ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਨਿਰਬਾਣੁ ਲਿਵ ਲੀਣੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੨॥੧॥

Says Jai Dayv, I meditate and contemplate the Luminous, Triumphant Lord. I am lovingly absorbed in the Nirvaanaa of God. ||2||1||