Running Away From Home

Guest girl

Hi

I'm a 19 year old punjabi girl in the UK. Not the best of sikhs, neither the most informed. But not an ignorant lost girl. I haven't managed to ruin my life and neither do i have massive family problems persay. I'm not here to justify why i want to run away from home, neither am i asking advice on how to deal with my home situation.

I just want to know, from the sangat, if anyone has ever run away from home. What preparations they made? What was their destination? Did they manage to survive successfully? Were they tracked? How did they set about creating a new life?

This is a serious post, hopefully the Mods can appreciate that. And yes, i do plan to leave alone.

Thanks for taking the time.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I'm a 19 year old punjabi girl in the UK. Not the best of Sikhs, neither the most informed. But not an ignorant lost girl. I haven't managed to ruin my life and neither do i have massive family problems persay. I'm not here to justify why i want to run away from home, neither am i asking advice on how to deal with my home situation.

I just want to know, from the sangat, if anyone has ever run away from home. What preparations they made? What was their destination? Did they manage to survive successfully? Were they tracked? How did they set about creating a new life?

This is a serious post, hopefully the Mods can appreciate that. And yes, i do plan to leave alone.

i guess you r too young to make such a decisions dear don't think of such stupid things you better concentrate on your studies and if you have any problem which you cant solve then the best way is to find out a nice job and keep yourself busy ....that's the best thing you can do

but as of now i think its just a rush of blood .....19 i guess is d age when every teenager wants freedom even we at d time don't want anybody to interfere in our business ................be calm nd keep yourself busy

u said as u r Not the best of Sikh

well dear no one else is if there is any then let me know

But i can sure you if you take any such decision in rush of blood then no bdy else but you have to pay for that..

coz sooner or later ghar vapas ana hi payega

Bhul chuk maaf coz i think its a serious matter

Guru fateh

Hi

I'm a 19 year old punjabi girl in the UK. Not the best of Sikhs, neither the most informed. But not an ignorant lost girl. I haven't managed to ruin my life and neither do i have massive family problems persay. I'm not here to justify why i want to run away from home, neither am i asking advice on how to deal with my home situation.

i guess you r too young to make such a decisions dear don't think of such stupid things you better concentrate on your studies and if you have any problem which you cant solve then the best way is to find out a nice job and keep yourself busy ....that's the best thing you can do

but as of now i think its just a rush of blood .....19 i guess is d age when every teenager wants freedom even we at d time don't want anybody to interfere in our business ................be calm nd keep yourself busy

u said as u r Not the best of Sikh

well dear no one else is if there is any then let me know

But i can sure you if you take any such decision in rush of blood then no bdy else but you have to pay for that..

coz sooner or later ghar vapas ana hi payega

Bhul chuk maaf coz i think its a serious matter

Guru fateh

Well see i won't be compensating my studies if i do run away. This is not a bid for freedom at all. I don't have an interest in the usual things punjabi parents so infamously restrict their children on. It's more a fear of a future action that a violent family member will soon pursue. I cannot deny there is a rush of blood involved in this, but the potential outcome for me staying is more massive not only for me but also my mother. Trying to decipher and explain a person's life story is difficult, especially on the internet, and i really didnt want to have to.

But i didn't want to disrespect you bhaji for providing your advice and i wanted the thread to move on from WHY i've decided to run, to HOW i shall do so. Thank you anyway.

Guest Southall Singh

I know a few cases when girls run away from home, since they dont agree how their parents control them. But is it really worth leaving home since you may not be able to afford the living expenses by yourself, therefore leading you to do bad things to afford them? It is only a dream if some one runs away from home and still enjoy the good life, unless you work full-time and can afford then maybe you could move out also our punjabi parents are not the forgiving type, so expect them to take you back. This just my thought on this wasnt directed towards just something to think about.

I haven't managed to ruin my life and neither do i have massive family problems persay.

You are just about to ruin your life, if you decide to run away. There are some things, that once done; cannot be mended back. So, take advice from the proper ppl (mature sangat, not ur kid girl friends). Stay home or you might keep wandering for the rest of your life.

Try praying, understand the Guru's message. It will help you.

Vaheguru.