Parchaar Of Sikhi

JustME

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Jio

This has long been on my mind, so i thought to share with sangant........with waheguru blessing this paapi with Amrit di daat, just coming up to one year now......i was reflecting on the journey waheguru took me on............and the most visable thing was........that physically........i was one my own..........(but Guru was hamesha ang sang) what i mean to say is.........i would go to listen to katha at Gurdwara, and often would leave feeling abit dazed and the parchaar was (at that time) very deep and i was unable to understand it.........

Now a few weeks ago, one of my mates, (who is a Rhadaswami) brought her "Master "Maharaj" Charan Singh" dvd to my house............i was very duboius as to her intentions but i sat down and watched it never the less..........i was quite amazed at the 3 divans i watched............i have no clue about Rhadaswamis and their beliefs..........but the parchar that this so called "Master" did was actually quite acurate and more importantly very easy to understand..................

I laughed with my friend and sed well "i realy enjoyed the prechar..........hes does realy good katha" so in my eyes i saw nothing more that a katha vachik, (without implying any dis-respect to the mahan - katha vachiks of the Sikh Panth) BUT to people like my friend..........they see "this amazing person" who is revealing the word of God and flock behind him like lambs..................the worry her is the the REAL mster Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji is being passed of as noting more that a "book" not just in non-sikhi groups............but scarily in our very own sikh kaum.............This silent and deadly assasination of our living Guru is sad but what can we as gursikh do to remind people.........."sab sikhan ko hukam hai GURU maneyo GRANTH" and not some person, who, with all due respect has done Kauge of Bani but them proceeds to act as they are to Key to getting closer to God?

So the question i guess im asking is................what is happening to sikhi parchaar? what changes have to be made to ensure sikhs are made aware of What sikhi actually is?

I mean u have Great MAHAN gursikhs like Giani Thankur Singh who are awaking sikhi inside many people, but how can we, help spread this message furthur that one Has a Guru that is Living today, in the roop of Guru Granth Sahib Ji.........and They are the True Path to God?

my post is not meant to cause offense, if anything i have sed does, please consider me and maha paapi and forgive all my shortcomings........

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

parchar does happen but in kaljug ppl want a quick fix ie... following dehdhari's who promise to to connect you with God rather than taking amrit and following the Guru Sahibs mat

you should ask your friend if her Guru would sacrifice his whole family or sit on a red hot plate just to hold onto his faith.

seriously doubt he would

wot are youth to doo if the comitte dnt let youth doo parchaarr

lol slough is the biggest pain in my neck at the moment...hmm lemme think about this one... :gg:

ok, idea...

youth are still allowed to go to gurudwara...and I've seen on a number of occassions a bunch of them young or old sitting in the wedding diwan chatting and listening to kirtan on their mobiles and some doing paath etc. The committee probably sees that as annoying but youth do it anyways...

Therefore, instead of timepassing...why not have a day where we have a explanation/discussion/debate/forum about bani? I know half of you probably have sikhitothemax on your phones/blackberries/pda's...so make use of the time, resources and sangat... :D

what can a new parcharak do - when all everyone tries to do is bring him or her down?

they have to support themselves their families and their educations - but we are oblivious to that fact...

thats my point - if your not going to encourage up and coming talents - they will soon fade away - pulled down the restraints of daily life..

waheguru