Gold?

jasleen k

in a previous thread about the passing of Sant Mani Singh, the following statement was made:

Sant Mani Singh spent the last ten years researching into the Sikh Scriptures with the desire to write the Sikh Scriptures using twenty four carat gold, which would be placed on the throne at Sri Harimandhar Sahib. Due to the complexity and intricacy of this task it was only this year that the technique for producing the scriptures was perfected. The first four Ang (pages) where shown to the congregated two months ago and the methodology to complete the project was described to their close associates. With the blessings of the Almighty this project will continue to fruition to produce the first ever Sikh Scriptures in gold.

i did not want to disrupt the thread regarding his passing, so i figured i'd start a new one.

what is the purpose of making a Bir of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji in gold? isn't gold simply a manifestation of maya? of man's love for wealth?

couldn't said gold be used for a better purpose? Guru ji said that we should consider the mouth of the poor as the Guru's cash offering box. he never asked for gold that i know of...

i'm sorry, i'm not trying to say anything bad about a great sant, and i know i'm no one to question such an enlightened soul, but i just want to understand the meaning/purpose behind this momentous task.

bhul chuk maaf

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bibi that's exactly how I reacted to this situation...

But you know what...I totally forgot that EVERYTHING happens due to Maharaj ji's Hukam...

Maybe just to see that gold people from different religions, castes, countries and etc will "Neeva Their Sees(head)" in front ofMaharaj ji...And think about the Paaps that they'll get rid of...

So leave this thought at:

"Jo Tudh Bhave Sai Bhalikar"

I think a Gold bir is just to move money towards that project. Yes a gold Bir would be pretty kewl but not needed. I feel a Bir for all the people who need a Sri Guru Granth Sahib is more important that one that cost the same as hundreds of Saroops. We need more individual respect for SGGS instead of a single super respected Bir.

Maybe just to see that gold people from different religions, castes, countries and etc will "Neeva Their Sees(head)" in front ofMaharaj ji...And think about the Paaps that they'll get rid of...

um, if they're bowing in front of MAYA (gold) instead of Guru ji, i don't think it will get rid of any paaps.

darshan is not just bowing your head to a bir. darshan is listening to Guru ji speak, understanding what he says, and acting according to his hukam.

sorry, just my opinion.

I think a Gold bir is just to move money towards that project. Yes a gold Bir would be pretty kewl but not needed. I feel a Bir for all the people who need a Sri Guru Granth Sahib is more important that one that cost the same as hundreds of Saroops. We need more individual respect for SGGS instead of a single super respected Bir.

i'm in total agreement with you veerji!

in a previous thread about the passing of Sant Mani Singh, the following statement was made:

i did not want to disrupt the thread regarding his passing, so i figured i'd start a new one.

what is the purpose of making a Bir of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji in gold? isn't gold simply a manifestation of maya? of man's love for wealth?

couldn't said gold be used for a better purpose? Guru ji said that we should consider the mouth of the poor as the Guru's cash offering box. he never asked for gold that i know of...

i'm sorry, i'm not trying to say anything bad about a great sant, and i know i'm no one to question such an enlightened soul, but i just want to understand the meaning/purpose behind this momentous task.

bhul chuk maaf

Anything that can be acknowledged with the 5 senses is a part of Maya and that includes Sarbloh. I think it is very important to understand the intentions of the individual. It is said that the Guru Gobind Singh ji used to wear clothes which were embroiled with gold.

If one has such passion and a connection with their Guru, then their Shardha gives them the right to use whatever material for their Master. I think bottom line here is Devotion which is a very personal and subjective expression. In this devotion, the devotees have been known to do out of norm things, such is this expression of a disciple.

Similarly one would question the offering of flowers to their Master...to pluck that flower from its branch is essentially killing it. Had that flower remained on that branch it would've offered its fragrance to the thousands that would've passed by it. But when one is devoted to their Master the disciple in his love would shower their Master with flowers of all kind.

um, if they're bowing in front of MAYA (gold) instead of Guru ji, i don't think it will get rid of any paaps.

darshan is not just bowing your head to a bir. darshan is listening to Guru ji speak, understanding what he says, and acting according to his hukam.

sorry, just my opinion.

Oh no...No need to be sorry...It's just that you have more knowledge and I don't have much...So thats okay... :)

By the way, I like your posts...All of them are quite meaningful...

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

in any thing we do in life

when it comes to experience

we must humble ourselves to the other person

because we dont know

but those who have experienced know more than us

so whatever intentions this mahapurukh had its between him and god

his love for his guru

lets leave it at that

there's always something to point out in everything in life

it could be a beautiful day

but you have to work

this tastes good

but it would taste better with more salt(which i dont recommend)

:)

dont let the mind wander

focus on guru ji

gold is maya

but so is paper

so is your body

:)

what is the difference

everything you see is maya

the mind wanders away

from the ultimate purpose

of remembering waheguru