A Very Big Problem Has Occured!

Guest _Singhni_

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheCanal
i'm sick to death of this excuse "sikh girls don't like turbanned guys". it's a total lie. the problem is that these guys are looking for bollywood/hollywood actress looking girls, and real Singhnia don't wax/thread/trim/etc so we don't look like that.

it's total hipocrasy. if they were willing to go wtih a proper singhni, then i don't think they'd have any problem finding a match.

sorry to vent, but i'm so tired of hearing this same old thing. and now using it as an excuse to go with a muslim girl? it's pathetic.

I don’t think it as straightforward and black and white as that. O.k., basically the problem is that we have to differentiate between keshdari singhs and amritdhari singhs here. If there is an amritdhari singh then he has no excuse, as you are right, he’d have no problem finding a singhni. However, it’s a different story for keshdharis.

You have to look at the dynamics of the situation. Basically, singhnia who wear turbans are more than likely to be amritdharis. Keshdhari singhs are a level below amritdharis, they might be working towards that but are not in that sphere of spirituality - generally. In my opinion, amritdhari women become imcompatible as they live a different lifestyle. Keshdhari singhs don’t mind the kesh on themselves and the singhnia but may find it difficult to practice that level of spirituality. Generally we can rule them out for these singhs as there is a mismatch between lifestyles. So who are the right partners for keshdhari singhs, it is girls from keshdhari families.

Now, the problem we have here is that girls from these families, are more and more getting away with trimming their hair just a bit to begin with, then a few years down the line it its all reduced to shoulder length hair styles. Slowly, but surely, their prospective partners profile start to change with their own appearance. Oh, we want a singh with a pug but don’t mind a trimmed beard. After a few introductions, it is now ‘don’t mind the pug but want a trimmed beard, and finally, oh we don’t want a pugri. This is what is happeneing in keshdhari families.

You can’t blame keshdhari singhs for saying girls don’t want the turban and beard. And its not only those bollywood type of girls who are saying no. In my opinion, they aren’t prospective partners anyway. It is a growing number of girls who are from kehsdhari families who are saying no – the perfect match for these keshdhari singhs in terms of level of spirituality. One would think anyway.

Again, obviously a singh has not got an excuse when he’s an amritdhari. Mind you, there seems to be a few singhnis compared to singhs so even they can have problems.