A Very Big Problem Has Occured!

Guest _Singhni_

Guest _Singhni_

I know a singh who is seeing a muslim girl his parents found out and are very angry he says that he doesnt understand why people are upset because his saying that nobody cares about turbanned singhs anyway such as society doesnt care and he says even sikh women only care about cleanshaven guys and look down on turbanned singhs and that even aunties say that guys in turbans are ugly and backward looking...........hmm......he's is a very good guy and this the first time a woman has shown an interest in him (he is 25). Im trying to be there for him and i dont know what to say to him cos yea there are women out there who do like turbanned guy (i.e. me) but im not gona lie to him cos a VAST majority dont.............

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a singh who is seeing a muslim girl his parents found out and are very angry he says that he doesnt understand why people are upset because his saying that nobody cares about turbanned singhs anyway such as society doesnt care and he says even sikh women only care about cleanshaven guys and look down on turbanned singhs and that even aunties say that guys in turbans are ugly and backward looking...........hmm......he's is a very good guy and this the first time a woman has shown an interest in him (he is 25). Im trying to be there for him and i dont know what to say to him cos yea there are women out there who do like turbanned guy (i.e. me) but im not gona lie to him cos a VAST majority dont.............

I don;t think singh doing turna firna kum is good period. Society is going to look at singh douing these things in a bad way. If a singh tried to do this things with a sister daughter froma traditional family like ours, he'd be in a hospital with bandages!!!

I would never marry these girls that make bfs and tur-fir like this, therefore I don't really care if they do like clean shaven, even though some of them try and pull sardars like me for their pre-marital stuff, they aren;t even scared of singhs anymore.

he's just making excuses. if he's 25 and never been around women before then his hormones are probably running his brain and he's looking for any excuse to mess around with a girl. the turban part is just an excuse.

i'm sick to death of this excuse "sikh girls don't like turbanned guys". it's a total lie. the problem is that these guys are looking for bollywood/hollywood actress looking girls, and real Singhnia don't wax/thread/trim/etc so we don't look like that.

it's total hipocrasy. if they were willing to go wtih a proper singhni, then i don't think they'd have any problem finding a match.

sorry to vent, but i'm so tired of hearing this same old thing. and now using it as an excuse to go with a muslim girl? it's pathetic.

tell your friend that when his girlfriend's parents find out, they'll probably send her to pakistan and try to have him killed.

Guest __Singhni__

he's just making excuses. if he's 25 and never been around women before then his hormones are probably running his brain and he's looking for any excuse to mess around with a girl. the turban part is just an excuse.

i'm sick to death of this excuse "sikh girls don't like turbanned guys". it's a total lie. the problem is that these guys are looking for bollywood/hollywood actress looking girls, and real Singhnia don't wax/thread/trim/etc so we don't look like that.

it's total hipocrasy. if they were willing to go wtih a proper singhni, then i don't think they'd have any problem finding a match.

sorry to vent, but i'm so tired of hearing this same old thing. and now using it as an excuse to go with a muslim girl? it's pathetic.

tell your friend that when his girlfriend's parents find out, they'll probably send her to pakistan and try to have him killed.

He has been around women BUT i think this is attachement at its worst so i dont know what to do except be there for him when it ends cos i dont think its gona last.

I agree with you jasleen, he is a weak minded person if he thinks girls dont like someone with a turban.

Firstly i think we should start by differentiating between a Gursikh and a Sardar.

Gursikhs will never get involved in such relationships.

Whereas a Sardar (one keeping an outward appearance) is simply following tradition by being born in a Sardar family without respecting Gurmat.

Generally Sardars only do what they like (manmat) so it's just an individualistic approach got nothing to do with the Sikh Society at large.

Secondly nowdays you can't even convince your spouse, children, siblings or parents about what's right or wrong so how can you point fingure's and dictate !

Thirdly Jasleen Kaur ji you come across 99 % of those Gursikhs whose parents are very strict & literally control their lives. Being conservative or punjabi or from GurSikh family there is no way, especially for Gursikh Kaur's to go around with guys or choose their own spouse. They don't have the guts even after being born & brought up outside India !

For that reason i sympathise with Gursikhs who don't come from a Gursikh family and Sardar's or Sardarni's at large in regards to marriage.

Fourthly a person (guy or girl) must only wait till certain age and be dependant on parents for arranging their marriage NOWDAYS. After that they have a Right to find their own marriage partner.

Lastly if this couple gets married in peace than i would be happy, being a Human !

Well..that is kinda true, but add to that the emotional attachment, he might think hes falling in love (thats the first girl he ever went out with right), or she might be doing draame etc..crying vagera...we cant just judge like we know the whole story.

Or she may even think she loves him.,..very very much, dreaming about their inter-religion true love..lol...until she or her parents find a better match etc. Tell him it can go downhill anytime especially when her parents find out, if shes like the conservative muslim family type, then BIG BADA BOOM.

But take it from me..they just wont listen...until something happens.