Future Generations

Nehmat

THEY ASK ME MY LAST NAME, AND I SAY SINGH

THEY ASK ME AGAIN AND I SAY THE SAME THING

I AM THE SON OF A SARDAR

:wub:

it's funny but not related to the topic... :rolleyes:

j/k...lol..but where did you get this from? :lol:

Once again dass believes that it is 99.9% Gurdwara's fault!! Most of them dont bother with trying to educate youth, or elders!! If the Gurdware left the love for money, and actually played their part then things would be a lot different right now!!

hmm...

maybe...

Thats why Nanaksar (Kaleran) Gurudwara is a must to visit...they only accept flowers as offerings...its so peaceful...Babaji's Bhagati is so powerfully surrounding the Gurudwara sahib...

let me know if you have any specific areas of sikhi you want to read about, i have a ton of books to recommend. :)

talking about books...thats a good idea...

I've started reading "Say Kinayhi-aa" it's the Biography of Baba Harnam Singh Ji (Rampur Khera)...

Reading books about saints is so peaceful..I recommend you reading "Say Kinayhi-aa" bhenji...You'll like it... :)

also the autobiography of bhai sahib randhir singh ji - good read...

I also got a book solely by the poets/bhagats etc. who wrote Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji...1 shabad every morning really makes you feel good.

What's the name of this book?... :)

Sikh Saint Autobiographies are so inspiring...aren't they...

You just feel so blessed to be reading those...

I am a Sikh youth who doesn't know much. Most of the things i have learnt is from the internet, and that can't all be reliable. I don't know any stories of the Gurus, my punjabi is limited so its hard to ask my grandparents who are the only khalsa sikhs, who i can really talk to, although im going to go to a punjabi class on Sunday.

Most the books that have stories in them are in Punjabi, i can't find much Sikh history in english, except on the internet, but all that stuff is about 1984. The only classes in my local gurdwaras that teach sikhism is only for children under 16. I did go once, but i didn't feel comfortable sitting wih lots of little children, not that theres anything wrong with that, but then we can't discuss more mature issues.

I read a nitnem in english, but it is all in old fashioned language. I understand most of it but not all. If i had no internet i would be nowhere. I don't think enough is bieng done to encourage sikh youths to get into sikhism, and i don't think there are many places to learn about Sikhism.

If you know that there is problems, then why aren't you trying to help, and if someone is really interested in Sikhi, then they won't find lectures boring. And you wonder why there are so many mona Sikhs, its because the last generation forgot to teach the new one.

we cud blame the last generation 4 everything. 4 violence on teh streets, there kids dating etc. yeah its so easy to blame the gudwareh!!but cum on when we gonna start taking initiative and learning for ourselves. internet we are all on 24/7 so thats a great source also how hard is it to set up programs??a few posters ur done. and if u think lectures are boring u do one. its wicked when kids get up on stage and talk about sumfin.!!!

Thanks for your help and support, from all of the above, i will check out those websites, and get some of those books. I have already been on some of those sites, but i wish i could stay at home and learn about Sikhi all day instead of going to school, so i could listen to Gods words, instead of the rubbish we learn from school. I only want to impress God, but i don't get a chance to in this prison.

how about handing out leaflets on vaisakhi or invite the kids to do there own presentations on sikhi at the gurdwara, that way they learn at the saame time as getting some good practive..then wen some1 aks them they can whip out a flyer on it

:gg:

that's such a good idea...brilliant thinking...

also the autobiography of bhai sahib randhir singh ji - good read...

I also got a book solely by the poets/bhagats etc. who wrote Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji...1 shabad every morning really makes you feel good.

What's the name of this book?... :)

Sikh Saint Autobiographies are so inspiring...aren't they...

You just feel so blessed to be reading those...

I cant remember the authors name haha I'm at college but the books called "The Bhagats and poets of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji" or something along those lines