Mother

Blissful Sikh

Don't apologize.

This is not your b.s. that you're dragging here. It's an inspirational struggle full of grit. Puts pseudo sikhs like myself to shame.

Thank you for sharing.

You have it tough, but no mom or dad is like the fairytales. They are human and slowly you will have a peaceful balance to see the good and struggle in her, even with all her faults.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh rly?

i just looked it up it said it was a drug stronger than methane or sumthin

my bad

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!

What on EARTH does a drug that my doctor has pescribed me to get off heroin have to do with METHANE (A gas)? I can't believe I have somebody who knows NOTHING about methadone telling me to "get off it. NOW!"

Methadone is given to heroin addicts who want to get off heroin but not go through horribly painful detox. I take methadone once a day instead of running around looking for heroin/money for heroin which totally changes my life around. Once used to this stable type of living again, the doctor slowly lowers the dose thus preventing horrible withdrawal.

I hope I've taught you something, and I thank you all for your kind support.

Unfortunatley, I can't do Amrit today (Or whatever you said to do, I'm assuming you meant getting "baptised".) because there are no Gurudwaras in Victoria, BC Canada. I have to plan a trip to Vancouver, which is hard for me to do right now.

And god doesn't "Change things", as a Sikh we believe that talking to the sky is pointless. God has made things the way we are, we thank him for that through prayer, but must fix our own problems.

If god answered prayers like Santas wish lists, it would be selfish and greedy to pray for anything but food for the starving dying Africans.

I don't mean to sound rude, but it's just silly when somebody tells me to "Get off Methadone, NOW". Then once corrected, doesn't bother to even look up and read about it.

I'm NOT wearing my Kirpan as "Style or fashion trend", I am a full Sikh and Sikhism is now my life and I live by it's blessings. If I could do Amrit I would, but there is no Gurudwaras here :(. I wish one of the people who posted on my other thread about some of the Gurudwaras in Vancouver would help me out a bit more... I don't know how to approach these people, I've never even been in a Gurudwara. I'm a white Sikh and don't know ANY other Sikhs, so I don't know what I'm supposed to do. How much money do they charge for the ceremony? What do I need to bring? Who do I call? What is the ceremony called? I can't exactly look these things up, these Vancouver Gurudwaras don't seem to have websites explaining how a white sikh like myself can do Amrit.

I'm NOT wearing my Kirpan as "Style or fashion trend", I am a full Sikh and Sikhism is now my life and I live by it's blessings. If I could do Amrit I would, but until then I will still be wearing my Kirpan because it will probably be a couple of months until I can find somebody to help me in Vancouver. I mean, people gave me numbers and stuff but I don't know ANYTHING about how I'm supposed to approach these people.

you're still on methadone. i know how powerful it is, you are NOT sober when you're on it. i'm sorry to be blunt, but you cannot be blessed with amrit until you're 100% sober. and there is no way you should be wandering around with Guru ji's Kirpan when you're basically high.

please don't brush me off with that know it all attitude. trust me i'm a lot older than you and i've been through hell myself. look at it this way, you yourself said you don't even know how to talk to someone at the gurdwara about amrit sanchar scheduling... how can you wear Guru ji's Kirpan if you haven't even got the basics? what about your gurdwara in victoria? can't your sangat help you? do you go to a gurdwara?

listen. right now, focus on your amritvela. do your panj bani nitnem every morning. since you don't work, do sukhmani sahib instead of playing x-box. do naam jaap, all the time. do rehras in the evening and sohila at night.

sikhi is NOT just a kirpan and a kara! you need to be ready, and that means not doing bujjar kurehets! until you are 100% sober you should not, you must not, go for amrit.

again, i'm sorry if i sound harsh, but you're showing a lot of attitude about this. you came here looking for help, but you seem to have all the answers already.

i know it's hard to be a convert. trust me. but you have to work for it. amrit isn't like christian baptism. we shouldn't even use that word. christians can go for baptism and start sinning again the next day. but if you slip with your recovery, even once, you will become patit. to me, turning your back on Guru ji is worse than being dead. you need to be CLEAN 100% or you are insulting the very institution of amrit sanchar.

look at it this way... if someone went to an amrit sanchar on alcohol, even a little bit, they would throw him out so fast... or maybe he used to smoke a pack a day, but now he only smokes one or two. it doesn't matter, because he's still smoking! it's the same thing with methadone.

once again, i'm sorry for my blunt speech, but it sounds like you need to hear.

^She's right...You don't seem to be in a bliss at all my friend...

It seems as if you get angry really fast...It's actually your drug talking through you...but thats okay...it's phase for you currently...you'll pass through it...

Just hang on...And Do sangat as much as possible...I know you might not be able to understand a lot of Gurbaani that'll come your way but still...you'll feel peaceful...

Just learn to control the anger...

find yourself some good youth sikh sangat in Vr, theres plenny

exactly where are u from?

I'm sorry to the poster who was mixed up about methadone, I just get a lot of grief from the same mother who loves Sikhism about it.

I'm in a semi blissful state :(, it's those around me that feel the need to resort to dragging others down that really just makes me cry. And once again (I don't mean to sound rude), I'm taking methadone as part of a recovery process, try typing "Methadone" into "Google.com." :)

I'll be VERY happy once I'm far away from my mother, and a baptised Sikh :) .

I do my banis every morning, my rehras sahib... I don't think you understand, It's hard for me to become a baptised Sikh. I don't know how to, there are no gurudwaras in my city. I can go on a ferry an hour away to Vancouver, but I'de end up wondering around for a day and not accomplish much. I'de much rather somebody (A poster) from Vancouver help me out here. (Like, in person.)

I live in Victoria BC, by the way...

No YOUTH Sikh Sangats, not a chance!

Not even a Gurudwara!

find yourself some good youth sikh sangat in Vr, theres plenny

exactly where are u from?

I'm in quite a blissful state myself, it's those around me that feel the need to resort to dragging others down. And once again, I'm taking methadone as part of a recovery process, try typing "Methadone" into "Google.com." :)

I do my banis every morning, my rehras sahib... I don't think you understand, I CAN'T become a baptised Sikh. I don't know how to, there are no gurudwaras in my city. I can go on a ferry an hour away to Vancouver, but I'de much rather somebody from Vancouver help me out here. (Like, in person.)

I live in Victoria BC, by the way...

No YOUTH Sikh Sangats, not a chance!

Not even a Gurudwara!

um, chota veer, have you ever looked for a gurdwara in victoria?

http://www.worldgurudwara.com/V4/598.asp

http://www.worldgurudwara.com/V4/581.asp

http://www.worldgurudwara.com/V4/640.asp

you're right. how can you receive amrit if you're not even willing to do a simple google search for victoria gurdwaras?

you're going to have to leave your house to find sangat... but trust me, they ARE in victoria!

I am aware of the Gurudwaras in Victoria, there are two of them. I just was told by somebody over youtube who attends one of them that I would need to go to Vancouver for Amrit.

You're right though, I'll actually phone the people who run it and talk to them...

I'm sorry for being so darn shy...

I'm also sorry for being so rude, I'm not used to loud rude people. I'm just so shaken by it.

I don't think that is an excuse for my actions though, I apologize.