Amritvela Advice

Guest _Singh_

Waking up at AmritVela and doing Gurmantar Japp/Nitnem is essential for a Gursikh. However on some occassions when one is not able to go sleep on time then when you wake up at AmritVela you're so tried/figitty/restless that you just can't focus (even after ishnan)...is is better to go back to sleep and wake up in 2 hours to do your AmritVela (which may no longer be AmritVela in some peoples eyes) and do your Abyiyaas with more focuss or should one fight the tiredness etc?

The only reason i ask is that Bani should be recited shuddh but when your tired it can be hard to focus and you make alot of mistakes which is beadbi...is it not? I was thinking what use was my AmritVela today when all i did was beadbi due to being tired? (Normally even if i sleep late this is not an issue but it was this morning)

Has anyone got any advice as to what one should do? any hint/techniques?

it helps if we cold water ishnaan. do ardass for wakefulness. if you need more, get up, walk around, splash some cold water on your face, eyes. if that doesn't work, put some kala mirch on your tongue :lol:

also, standing up and doing paath out loud may help.

if you keep trying all these and nothing helps, than yeah, maybe time to get in a quick nap before trying again.

you need instant energy? -- comb your hair with the "kanga" for about 10 mins -- and see how refreshed you'll feel!

your hair get's nourished and gets shinny and passes on impulses to wake the mind up! (all in all, a very good massage for the head) -- you think the "kanga" was invented for no specific reason? Amazing!

...sometimes I regret sharing this little tip -- cause now people tell me to do it when I'm lazy and refuse to do anything. ^^

you need instant energy? -- comb your hair with the "kanga" for about 10 mins -- and see how refreshed you'll feel!

your hair get's nourished and gets shinny and passes on impulses to wake the mind up! (all in all, a very good massage for the head) -- you think the "kanga" was invented for no specific reason? Amazing! :lol:

...sometimes I regret sharing this little tip -- cause now people tell me to do it when I'm lazy and refuse to do anything. ^^ :lol:

thank you for the tip... :)

another one: When taking a bath don't put too much water on the forehead...it'll make you sleepy...Mothers like to massage their child's forehead to put them to sleep...I remember my mom doing that... :)

However, do put a LOT of water on your CHIN...it'll wake you up...but COLD water...