Shocked

I humbly bow

Trust me, this is nothing compared to mosques, or mandirs. You're actually so squashed its impossible breathe. And our driver had got is wallet stolen. It was like trying to fit about 40 people into a mini cooper. You were so tightly compressed, if you lift your legs up from the ground, you would actually be flying in the air, and going wherever the crowd takes you.

Atleast our gurdwaras are a little more organised. And don't ask why i was at a mosque and stuff, back then i didn't know what i was doing.

Atleast our gurdwaras are a little more organised. And don't ask why i was at a mosque and stuff, back then i didn't know what i was doing.

Gurdwaras are the ONLY place organised! And i hope you know what you are doing nowdays :D

... hmmm... strange.. i never saw a guard.. lol

i hope you too were not busy looking at bibian :D

All Ithhaasic Gurdwaras are pretty organized by Indian standards. When us westerners go, we take our conditioned expectations with us. You have to let little things slide to enjoy the Guru-asthaans. Regarding Darbar saib, you have to realize that Sri Harmandar sahib is a small building and managing close to 100,000 visitors on a normal day and 4-5X that number on special oaccasions can have its challenges. There is bound to some pushing. Some folks are a bit more eager for darshan. Just go with the flow. When ther was a huge rush, I too was packed in witht the crowd, but no one felt offended or anything being so close to each other.

Also, I found the sevadaars to be very friendly and devoted to their duties.

If you feel really unconfortable about this, go for darshan in the afternoon when it's less packed.

The last 2 posters made a lot of sense. It is not like going to a European Cathedral or institution. There are in excess of 50,000 visitors a day, so you have to expect a lack of space. That being said, some of the sevadars, dressed in saffron robes carrying spears, could probably be doing a better job. I'm not talking about close to Darbar Sahib itself, but around the parkarma. Often they seem to not be doing much, but I stress they only SEEM to not be doing much!