Can Non-amritdharis Avoid 4 Cardinal Sins

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Veer Ji, I'm a little confused as to whether you're asking can they, or do they. Of course they can, if they are aware of this way of life but whether they do is a different story. Also, please forgive me and someone please correct me if I'm wrong but is it not 5 "sins"? Kam (Lust), Krodh (Rage or uncontrolled anger), Lobh (Greed), Moh (Attachment or emotional attachment) and Ahankar (ego)

A friend of a friend who was a goraa from Russia and was not a religious person as far as I know (I never met him) pretty much lived his life according to that as well as not smoking, drinking etc. So I guess anyone can, if they want to! :)

Bhul chukk maaf karnaa ji,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Anyone can with the grace of the true guru, i suppose if you have taken amrit you are more likely to have that grace.

Actually, i asked this question to a pretty nice amritdhari and he told me that if an amritdhari does not keep a good rehit, he will be beaten by maya and will get patitt sooner or later. I agree rehit is the key to a spiritual jeevan but if one is weak in rehit, will that person get pattitt ?

To be bit more clear, what that person meant was that the 4 bajjar kurehits are the 4 special evils of Maya and unless one keeps an ok rehit, one will be beaten and will get pattitt.

Are there non-amritdhari punjabi people or people belonging to other faiths who dont commit the 4 cardinal sins mentioned in Sikh rehat maryada ?

For certain Christians alcohol is consumed in Church. Some Muslims and Jews believe that you must cut your hair/beard in a certain way. Other faiths accept polygamy. And others condone the eating of certain types of meat/halal meat.

But having said that there are probably spiritual people in the world who do not have these beliefs and personally adhere to the same "rules" as we do. However whether they follow this rehit because of of faith/religion is a different matter.