Eggs & Milk

Guest _hungry_

Guest _hungry_

I know that we are allowed to drink milk, but whenever i mention this to anyone asking me about sikhism they always turn around and say, do you eat eggs? and i say, no, and then they ask why. i know that eggs and different to milk but im not sure how. can somebody please give me a logical reason or argument that i can use when im asked this.

(please dont start to argue, i dont want this topic to get closed. i just want to know the reason behind why ive been told to stop eating eggs)

thanks and sorri for the stupid question

Guest Guest.123

An egg, is a growing lifeform, by eating it, you prevent it from growing, you are essentialy just killing it. Milk is the produce of an animal, but by drinking it, you are not killing anything. By eating egg we are basicially doing abortion on chickens, and milk isn't killing anything, as milk doesnt turn into any animal.

But it would be wrong to take milk, if the animals child needed it and you are depriving it of that. Also remember there is a difference between need and greed.

We don't need egg to survive, people just eat for their own satisfaction. So if someone asks you why don't you eat meat, then you say, why do you let animals die, just for the satisfaction of your own taste buds.

factory produced eggs are infertile isnt it i have learned it at my school years back ... as producing egg is a cycle it can go even without a murga ... but to get a fertile egg u need a murga ... hmm dont know may be wrong !!!!

and at topic starter brother ... dont go for reasons for following something justification would always lead to shanka in ur mind ... and shanka is not good at all u will always be in between im i doing right or wrong .... follow what ur mind says ... and be firm ... sant anek matti ke ... there are sants of different thinking ... even if the thinking is totally opposite and highly contradictory yet both are equally correct ... even brahgeyanis have different mareyada ... sant karam singh ji hoti mardan sant isher singh ji rara sahib bhai randheer singh sant kartar singh bhindrawalle and nihang baba mitsingh ji of hazzor sahib ... all of them were brhamgeyanis yet contradictions

so follow what ur heart says with true love no matter who says what ... learn from love u will feel love and respect for others ... learn from arguments ... u will only be producing arguments in future nothing else ...

after reading above posts.. i think " we dont eat meat cos we dont want to kill nybody.. we drink milk to deprive the cattle offsprings of their feed!!"

dude its jus a state of mind.. its a controversial issue.. if u feel its not wrong to eat meet.. eat it.. else dont eat..

but for god sake dont do the things which one of ma amritdhari friend does.. he says he didnt eat or rather touch meat and alcohal.. but he can keep these things with him if they r wrapped in a paper..

Guest _hungry_
But it would be wrong to take milk, if the animals child needed it and you are depriving it of that. Also remember there is a difference between need and greed.

The way milk is made now like in dairy farms, cows are bred purely in order to produce milk for us to drink. So doesnt this mean that we are using them to satisfy our own tastebuds too?

I know its not killing as such, but seems kinda inhumane, no?

and how can we justify using milk produced in such a way for things like making Degh?

i been drinkin soya milk for the past 5 months because as someone above has mentioned it is correct to say that cows (in the UK) are bred just to produce milk. cruel methods are used to force cows to produce more milk then the would if left in their own natural enviornment under natural conditions.

alprodrinkchoco.jpg

dont mind drinkin milk wen im in da pind tho... just methods in da uk r nasty.

this post remind me of a person i met in train while going to hazur sahib, he was a big sant nindak and was saying main ni manda santa - babea nu. he was trying to be very educated and knwon of sikhi. he said i saw a baba drinking milk and ask him why r u drinking this milk? this is not for u, this is for bacha ( katta ) or whatever u call a baby of majhh ( buffalo) .

he said people u said we dnt eat meat, if they eat curd then they r not veggie. also he was talking rubbish over some akhand paath maryadas etc etc and trying to be very very missionary and there was one more person with him. at a stop they got out for tea or something and me as well after 3-4 mins. and i saw them eating boiled eggs and i was so much surprised that the person who was saying milk is not for us ,its for majh de kids , is eating eggs. lol

Guest _hungry_

paneer monster thanks for your reply, i might give it a try.

thanks sunny. im aware of how hypocritical i am :)

im asking for a logical & reasoned argument for a sikh using milk produced in such a way and as of yet i havent really heard one. at the moment i still drink milk but for this reason im on the verge of giving up. im not telling anyone else to hold the beliefs i have, just asking for some help? nobody who drinks milk has answered the questions posed in my previous post.

oh nahi nahi bhukhea lol i mean hungry bhaji

i am not pointing at u.

it juz remind me coz u talked abt milk and that man was illogically asking some baba that why r u drinking milk, its for the majh's kid. loool

and when i checked the meaning of hypocritical, then i realize thats its exactly me.