Do Sikhs Reject Vedas

besoft

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the topic should be "Does Gurbani reject Vedas" and the answer would be yes. Gurbani holds Naam of Akaal Purakh as the highest authority. Vedas and Katebas do not hold any authority in Gurbani, gursikhi lifestyle, and salvation. I recommend reading Human Hindu Nahin, Gurmat Gauravta and Gurbani Diyan Laggan Maatran Di Vilakhantaa. These books explain everything in great details. In Gurbani, doing naam simran and seva is the essence and for gursikhs doing these things is like pandits reading vedas and puranas i.e. as there is nothing higher than reading vedas for brahmins there is nothing higher than simran and seva for gursikhs.

Gurbani dont reject vedas but it rejects following of vedas to reach god ... there are two main things in gurbani regarding vedas .... one is even by reading vedas we cant get u doing path of vedas u cant defeat haume ehankar and other even vedas speak only about ur name ... it u who is talked in quran its u who is talked in vedas ...

so searchgurbani.com and search with keyword vedas ... see it yourself by reading gurbani !!!

The banis of vedas is limited to 3 gunns of Maya and hold no importance to sikhs. Vedas are very old texts which shud have got distorted with time. They do have some good moral things in them, some knowledgable things about this creation, but for sikhs all this knowledge is of no use. Real knowledge is Naam. Real knowledge is experiencing things and not reading things.

In Sri Anand Sahib, we read

vedaaan MEH naam uttam...

Many people translate this as: naam is supreme in vedaas. This translation would have been correct had it been "vedaan VICH naam uttam".

According to me, the correct meaning is : Among all the vedaas, Gurmat Naam(which we get from PUNJ) is uttam(supreme).

Thanks for the above posts. I do find references in Granth sahib that clearly states the things that are in sync. with the Gurmat. Ofcourse, at many places things may not be so appreciatively stated.Let us have a look at the following.

1.The great men have studied the Shaastras, the Simritees and the Vedas, and they have said this:[215-12]

2."Without the Lord's meditation, there is no emancipation, and no one has ever found peace."||1||[215-13]

I understand Gurmukhi but my browser does not permit me to post the bani.