Living With My Family

llarofeno

lol join the club - we got t-shirts :p

lolllllllll looks like we need to buy a building for the club, where everyone like mindind can live in....

to the thread starter;

sometimes running away from things isnt the answer, helping your family, through ardas and reading bani may be a better option, this takes time and alot of will power. But only you know what is right, you situation seems quite uncomfortable, especially having meat cooked in your home among other things, you are old enough to make the right choice.

'Talking' about it to your parents wont get you anywhere, two years down the line you will still be 'talking ', you need to decide whether you can stay or not and then let you parents know of your intentions and whether you can support yourself etc, if that is your option......whatever you do, dont feel guilty, Guru is always with you, always look for guidance from Guru Ji.

True Peace is when one can live amongst such things, and still be free from the filth of it.

Whatever you do, practice non-judgement, practice non-anger, and other such things. Practice these things and remember you are the teacher. Your family is on their own journey, yours is not to change their path, but to better reflect your own.

i was in the same situation as well. My parents were raised here in the US so sikhi is not much to them They raised me like that too but 2 years ago i started researching and reading alot about sikhi and now i am a proud sikh. I could not stay in my house because that was not a sikhi environment at all. My dad actually use to make fun of me when i kept my kesh..i went through alot. I moved out when i turned 22 got myself an apt and a job. I now go to school work and support myself and my guruji is with me all the time. I am nt suggesting you to run away or whatever. I am just sharing my story with you. The amazing thing is that my mom actually does her path too and my dad has stopped drinking. so yeah keep going on with yr sikhi life and yr family will understand the peace being in sikhi.