Keeping Faith

Guest _Gupt_

vjkk vjkf!

Recently i have been having trouble in keeping faith in anything i do..I look back in my life and soo much has gone "wrong" and i know we shud accept it as Gods wil but I still find it hard to just carry on.

Sometimes in ardaas i do benti to Maharaj for something and the hukamnama i receive is like the answer i want,its positive but then it doesnt happen..am i wrong in asking for anything in ardaas? should i just live everyday and see what happens instead of placing hope in things?

Id really like to hear from sangat who have had experiences which restored faith.

vjkk vjkf

No matter what happens to us, it's not worse than what our shaheeds went through, and they kept their faith by accepting God's will. Look at the example Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave us - all their family died for the panth, sometimes the Singhs had nothing to eat for months except tree bark and leaves. Still, they stayed in Chardi Kala!!

You don't know what karams you have, what you have done in the past. However, the fact you are Sikh is a sign of good karams as well - we have Guru Ji to take our pain away!

Gurbani says, "Birthi Na Hovey Jan Ki Ardas", i.e. whatever a 'jan' asks for, he/she gets. 'Jan' means servant of servants. Guru Ji is saying that we must ask with humility and 100% faith. Bear in mind that you won't get anything that's bad for you - and Maharaj Ji knows best.

When you take a Hukamnama, you have to do what it says - usually that is to do Simran etc.

Start doing Ardas for faith and pyaar - this really helps. Also, do you do your Nitnem/Paath/Simran?

Something wrong happened and I lost my faith in Maharaj Ji?!

Thats like saying I don't trust my mother anymore because she doesn't listen to ME and my stubbornness...Or she didn't get ME what I wanted...

How do you know that whatever you have asked for is BEST thing for you---in the longer terms?!...If Maharaj Ji gives you a positive Hukamnama, don't you think he's done(or doing) something rather better than what you've used for?!...Faith---have faith in him...

Sometimes we don't know if whatever we have asked for is the right thing for us for not but Maharaj Ji has a 'DUUUR DRISHT'...He looks into things way deeper and further than our thoughts...He makes sure that the thing we have asked for will not be an obstacle in our future...That it will not harm us...Thats how thoughtful he is for his children---US!...

Ji, Roj Ardas Kareah Karo Keh:

Dand-aut bandan anik // sarab kala samrath,

I bow down, and fall to the ground in humble adoration, countless times, to the All-powerful Lord, who possesses all powers.

Dolan te rakho prabhu Nanak de kar hath.

Please protect me, and save me from wandering, God. Reach out and give Nanak Your Hand.

I apologize for anything wrong said... =)

Thats like saying I don't trust my mother anymore because she doesn't listen to ME and my stubbornness...Or she didn't get ME what I wanted...

How do you know that whatever you have asked for is BEST thing for you---in the longer terms?!...If Maharaj Ji gives you a positive Hukamnama, don't you think he's done(or doing) something rather better than what you've used for?!...Faith---have faith in him...

Sometimes we don't know if whatever we have asked for is the right thing for us for not but Maharaj Ji has a 'DUUUR DRISHT'...He looks into things way deeper and further than our thoughts...He makes sure that the thing we have asked for will not be an obstacle in our future...That it will not harm us...Thats how thoughtful he is for his children---US!...

I bow down, and fall to the ground in humble adoration, countless times, to the All-powerful Lord, who possesses all powers.

Please protect me, and save me from wandering, God. Reach out and give Nanak Your Hand.

Good post Nehmat ji :)

Guest Ik Guru Da Sikh

WJKK WJKF

I understand the feeling.

I been a sardar all my life but used to trim my beared and do all the thinks that I should have not be doing related to Sikhi. But i had no health problems.

But one day I decided to do my Nitnem and slowly stopped the Kalug life and started reaching for God One year later I took Amrit and bacame a Gursikh, but within a sort period of time started to become ill. 3 years down the line I am still fighting for my Good health and told by doctors I aint got long.

I started questioning this, why me why know I am a Gursikh!

Who ever i spoke to I was told its the harderls of Guru Ji to see how strong I am. Some People told me because I paying for the Kalyug life I used to Live.

Finally the answer I found was to do more Path or simran. So every chance i get i try to do as much as possible.

There is only one person who can give me the true answer and that is vehguru

Pul Chuck Maff!

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

I been a sardar all my life but used to trim my beared and do all the thinks that I should have not be doing related to Sikhi. But i had no health problems.

But one day I decided to do my Nitnem and slowly stopped the Kalug life and started reaching for God One year later I took Amrit and bacame a Gursikh, but within a sort period of time started to become ill. 3 years down the line I am still fighting for my Good health and told by doctors I aint got long.

Who ever i spoke to I was told its the harderls of Guru Ji to see how strong I am. Some People told me because I paying for the Kalyug life I used to Live.

Finally the answer I found was to do more Path or simran. So every chance i get i try to do as much as possible.

Pul Chuck Maff!

WJKK WJKF

You consulted your doctor............ the real doctor

The almighty God. The true healer for all the beings.

WJKK WJKF

Pul Chuck Maff!

WJKK WJKF

Waheguru, tell me the truth...Didn't you know this answer from the beginning? That you must do meditation on Gurmantar and you must do more Path?...You did!

But you were looking for the easy way out, weren't you?...There really is no easy way...This is it---and THIS IS easy if you have a strong will...and that you do =)...

Ji, it doesn't matter how long you've got left to live...You are on the path to SACH---and he takes care of you when you are moving towards him...He takes care of you---himself!

He takes 10 more steps towards YOU when you take ONE step towards HIM...Imagine that...So much love =)

You are right...Waheguru---Maharaj Ji is the best to ask for advice on anything...NO one better...He is it...He's our parent...He knows what's best for us... =)

Always stay happy...Treasure EVERY moment...MAKE SOMEONE SMILE... =)