Islam, Sikhi & Qualities Of God Or Gursikhi

sikhlionz

Hmmmmmmmmm it is good to share the good qualities about other religions...its respectful, but i wouldnt go as far as quoting PBUH after mohammeds name.....you don't have to be at a spiritual level as Bhai Gurdas Ji to have the understanding not to write PBUH after Mohammed's name. I don't believe in Islam or Mohammed, I follow Guru Granth Sahib JI and maharaj and if they haven't written it then nor am I. PLease do not misread what I am sayin, I respect all religions and accept they exist but I do not practice them and may even disagree with certain aspects, yet can still respect the differences. I wouldn't have an arabic saying/quote by my name....bani quotes all the way man!! Its abit confusing....

Yes learn and educate yourself about other religions...but get to know yours as far as possible.....

Have to completely agree with where proactive is coming from!

Harjeet.Singh

I think you need to understand that whatever the original meaning of a word their meaning changes over time and they can become restricted in meaning. Sikh means learner, but isn't it confusing if we says that the students at university are Sikhs. According to some Hindus, the word Hindu just means an inhabitant of India. So why do we get so upset if a Hindu calls the Sikhs in India as Hindus?

we'll have to agree to disagree, as stated at the outset i didnt want a debate. topic was meant to be about discussing the use of Islamic names for Akaal Purakh in Gurbani - where, what instance and context in which they occur.

There is a community of the spirit.

Join it, and feel the delight

of walking in the noisy street

and being the noise.

Drink all your passion,

and be a disgrace.

Close both eyes

to see with the other eye.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,

there is a field. I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass,

the world is too full to talk about.