The Sikh Forum International

Into the Light

Looking at the Gallery for the Dinner they hosted in 2006, its clear that alcohol is being served. This is clearly not inline with Gurmat and that fact that they refer themselves to as a 'Sikh Forum' is just insulting. when you look through he pics you clealy see wine bottles.

http://www.thesikhforumuk.com/index.html

looking through the pics you also notice some Sikh scholars

look how it all began:

In November of the year 1984, marauding anti-sikh mobs angry at the assassination of Indira Gandhi, Prime Minister of India by her two Sikh bodyguards, killed over three thousand Sikh men, women and children, burned and looted their homes, businesses, and places of worship. As a result innumerable Sikh familiies became innocent victims and suffered heavy losses of life and property. Many women and children were orphaned. The tragic and pathetic condition of the destitutes and the innocent victims of this gruesome genocide shook the Sikh worldwide over.

In an immediate effort to support the rehabilition work of the affected Sikh familiies of 1984, Lt General J S Aurora (Retd), Hero of Bangladesh liberation, asked the Sikhs of United Kingdon to form an organisation. Mr Ranjit Singh, OBE alongwith other prominent Sikhs of United Kingdom took the lead and established The Sikh Forum, UK in 1985

And now (in 2008) they think it is fine to drink alcohol under the name of 'sikh study forum'.

Simply disgusting.

It gets better and better. The Sikh Study Forum hand out awards. This is a very good thing...until you look deeper.

I put the name of Lord Karass Bilimoria CBE BL of Chelsea, winner of their achievement award into google and found out that he is the owner of Cobra Beer!!!!!

I thought i recognised him.

Karan Faridoon Bilimoria, Baron Bilimoria CBE DL (born 26 November 1961) is an entrepreneur and a life peer. He is best known as the founder and chairman of Cobra Beer.

last year i raised the same story here on the sikh forum using alcohol in thier events. seems like you have only just woken up to this. I phoned the guy who ran that particular event and he said that it was soft drink first, but i told him that is BS, then he tried to justify it in saying that as we had non-sikh guests, we had to cater for their needs. I told him then just call yourslef forum internationl, and omit the word "sikh". anyways the next event they did, i didnt see any alcohol present but its always best to keep an eye on them.