Punja Sahib Visit

nanosecond

capt.isl10104141630.pakistan_sikhs_isl101.jpg

Thousands of Sikh devotees gather from all over the world for a religious annual festival at Punja Sahib in Hasan Abdal, 48 kilometers (30 miles) north of Islamabad, Pakistan on Wednesday, April 14, 2004. Punja Sahib is the second most sacred place for Sikhs, after the Golden Temple in India. (AP Photo/Anjum Naveed)

r4156833048.jpg

Sikhs women pilgrims eat sweets during a Basakhi festival at a holy Sikh shrine in Hasanabdal, 40 km (25 miles) west of Islamabad, April 14, 2004. In a sign of improving relations between the two south Asian neighbors, more than 3000 Sikh pilgrims from India are visiting Pakistan for the Basakhi festival. REUTERS/Faisal Mahmood

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^ thanx nanosecond ji for those pics!

what happened about the other gurdwaras in pakistan? i mentioned in another thread before that after 1947 many of the pakistan gurdwaras were abandoned and we don't know what their present condition is :D

anybody here from Pakistan by chance :umm: ?

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^ thanx nanosecond ji for those pics!

what happened about the other gurdwaras in pakistan? i mentioned in another thread before that after 1947 many of the pakistan gurdwaras were abandoned and we don't know what their present condition is :(

anybody here from Pakistan by chance :D ?

All other gurdwaras and even Panja sahib gurughar is IN TERRIBLE shape.. few of cali singh went to gurdwara tour in pakistan two year ago.. Hope they exchange thier views here :umm:

Thousands of Sikh devotees gather from all over the world for a religious annual festival at Punja Sahib in Hasan Abdal, 48 kilometers (30 miles) north of Islamabad, Pakistan on Wednesday, April 14, 2004. Punja Sahib is the second most sacred place for Sikhs, after the Golden Temple in India. (AP Photo/Anjum Naveed)

Why do they always describe gurdwaray in terms of "sacredness"? i mean one gurdwara isnt really more sacred or "holy" than another is it? does a gurdwara gain sacredness points if it has a story attached to it? (im not trying to demean the sakhi behind this gurdwara, but its just not right to say "second most sacred place for sikhs")

OHH I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!

ME AND MY WHOLE FAMILY GURU KIRPA NAAL GOT A LOT OF GURDWARAS IN PAKISTAN DARSHAN INCLUDING SACHA SAUDA WHICH WAS OPENED FOR DA FIRST TIME 1993 WHEN WE WENT.... PANJA SAHIB WOW>>>> ME AND MY DADS HAND FIT :umm: ... AND NANKANA SAHIB >>>> MANN I STILL CAN REMMEBER SINCEI WAS ONLY 10 AT DAT TIMe...

hmmm.. i just realized i wrote in all caps.. sorry jio .. just excited :D