Naam Simran Question..

Singh23

WJKK WJKF

sangat ji i read this article from the website http://www.satnaam.info/index.php?option=c...1&Itemid=14

and i don't understand what the writer means in the following paragraph:

We sincerely hope that all the members are doing SIMRAN for 2.5 hrs every morning, if not, then they should do it. Infact longer time is very beneficial, if you do SIMRAN continuously for two hrs you will be counted doing it on the earth, once you go into deep meditation – SMADHI IN KARAM KHAND, the third hour onward will be counted in DARGAH, and you will have a lot of unbelievable experiences. You will see a lot of ALOKIK NAZARE. The GURUS will come to bless you and so on.

So what is dargah, SMADHI IN KARAM KHAND and alokik nazare? I understand the longer you do simran, the more beneficial it is but what do these terms mean?

Thx

While that is good advice (to do Simran), that website belongs to a very dodgy cult - please stay away, for your own sake. First they'll suck you in with sweet talk, then assault your beliefs. MS514 is right - Grewal now calls himself 'Baba Ji' and Multani is 'Dassan Dass'. Be very careful!

Dargah = literally God's court i.e. 'heaven'.

Samadhi = a trance like state, when you are totally immersed in meditation.

alokik nazare = literally, visions from other worlds.

None of these should be your aim during Simran.

Please stay away from that site, they say satnaam satnaam is gurmanter, where as vaaheguroo is.

All their articles are copied from bhai sahib bhai randhir singh jee, but when ever bhai randhir singh jee says jaap naam, they replace it will satnaam mantaar.

Narinder grewal is a dodgy guy, singhs kicked him out of toronto. he married his chelas wife and says he has a higher khand than sachkhand and beat god up. he is a mad guy, stay away from the forum.

I don't understand. The highest stage is Gurbani. When we read hymns from Guru Granth Sahib it says the soul has already met God. It is ALL described. Guru Nanak says he has reached Sachkhand and has shared it with everyone. How much sharing to the Beas waley do or multani.

Naam Simran in Sikhi is not like Yoga or meditation type. Some websites and people are preaching this SANATAN MAT to further confuse Sikhs. You can do simran for 2.5 hours and this can be equal to just a second.

Some paathis can do paath for 8 hours but when listening to it only about 8 mins.

It's not the time that matters, but the concentration.

No, time matters aswell, or you could do it for 1 second. They are both important, but concentration is the key, you can do it for aslong as you want, but without concentration, its worth nothing. But also you want to be dedicating your time, or giving up your time for guru ji. Don't just do 30 mins and say you are happy with it, you got to do more than you want to do, you have to push yourself mentally.

WJKK WJKF

sangat ji i read this article from the website http://www.satnaam.info/index.php?option=c...1&Itemid=14

and i don't understand what the writer means in the following paragraph:

We sincerely hope that all the members are doing SIMRAN for 2.5 hrs every morning, if not, then they should do it. Infact longer time is very beneficial, if you do SIMRAN continuously for two hrs you will be counted doing it on the earth, once you go into deep meditation – SMADHI IN KARAM KHAND, the third hour onward will be counted in DARGAH, and you will have a lot of unbelievable experiences. You will see a lot of ALOKIK NAZARE. The GURUS will come to bless you and so on.

So what is dargah, SMADHI IN KARAM KHAND and alokik nazare? I understand the longer you do simran, the more beneficial it is but what do these terms mean?

Thx

WJKK WJKF

Word "Simran" is derived from Smaran / Smriti which means mind, ur thoughts, yaad karna. This is a mental state. When one is doing all the work according to Almigty's wish is Simran. When God is established in ones mind, which means when one does all the work according to God's wish, do all good deeds, is Simran.

As Guru Arjan Dev Ji says (page 101, para 12)

Uthat baithat sovat jaagat, har dhiaye sagal avarda jiyo.

While standing and sitting, while sleeping and while awake, meditate on the Lord, all your life. ||1||

and many more examples one can find in SGGS, but no where u wiil find any methods of doing Simran. None of the Guruji said that u do in such manner or the other.

Meditation is different and Simran is different. Meditation has its own value, but Simran is altogether different. Nowadays people have intermingled these both. No time is specified to do simran, even the Amritvela concept is misguided now. Waking up early in the morning is good for health, one can do paath or meditation, but this is not specified that one has to do only at this time only.

As Guru Nanak says

Amritvela sach nau vadiayee vichar

When the vichar of True name is done, then is the Amritvela.

Guru Amardass ji says

velâ vakẖaṯ sabẖ suhâiâ, Jiṯ sacẖâ mere man bẖâiâ.

That time, that moment is totally beautiful, when the True One becomes pleasing to my mind.

Guru Ramdass ji says

Sâ velâ so mûrat sâ garhiî so muhat safal hai merî jindariye jit har merâ chit âvai râm.

That time, that moment, that instant, that second is so fruitful, O my soul, when my Lord comes into my mind.