Are There Tables And Chairs In Any Gurdwaras Outside Of Bc, Canada?

Guest _SinghSingh_

but why should what you do at home be reflected in the gurudwara? do all guests at your house have to cover their heads?

it was not the only reason i gave. it is the most sensible way to eat the langar in my opinion

AHA!! here is where youve shown your pinhead idiocy!! langar is there foreveryone. poor or rich, where everyone can sit together as EQUALS and eat together. even great emporers who came to visit Guru Ji had to sit on the floor alongside beggers. and Guru Ji also sat with them. by sitting on a chair in the langar sahib you are promoting the fact that you think you are above everyone else. you sit on the floor showning yourself to be low. if for thousands and thousands of years, yogis have taught us to sit on the floor (and this after learning and studying for many years), whhat kind of chittar are you to come along and say "o i think sitting on a chair would b better".

for that reason do you promote banning chairs all together? yogis may well teach many things, who is to say that they are correct?

have a quick look at this:

http://relaxation-with-me.blogspot.com/200...-thanks-to.html

it is not proven that sitting on the floor is good for health or posture.

for thousands of years those same yogis taught people that the earth was flat, they were wrong then and could be wrong now.

it is sensible because that is the optimum way to consume food in comfort. all of this stuff that you talk about is not looking at the big picture. the guru's would want us to progress and embrace modern technologies and indeed invent them.

and your proof of that is? you have no evidence that sitting on a chair is better than sitting on the floor. according to your reasoning we should get industrial dishwashers for cleaning all the langar utensils and catering staff from a company to provide the food.

some people say that guru ji could have made lots of tables and chairs if he wanted, yes this is true. is it not also true that with all his powers and intelligence guru ji could have invented light bulbs, cars, speakers, microphones. i think yes, but it is something he chose not to do for that age and left it for other people to discover and use themselves. i say the same goes for mass produced cheap chairs and tables these days. it could also be said that perhaps guru ji thought the money and resources would be better spent on feeding the poor and spreading his message. people at home used to eat on the floor same as in the langar of those days, it was to force even the kings to sit on the floor which would have been a great gesture for them to have to do. we now all have chairs at home and work so this is not really an issue. of greater importance is the inequality in the caste system which so many so called "sikhs" have not abolished. it is not simple enough to do nothing, you must do something to abolish this

so wouldnt it be better to use the money to help the poor rather than buy tables and chairs? or donate the tables and chairs to charities and hostels for the less fortunate? it seems that people with your attitude have become like the pompous kings of our guru's time. also what about those in the developing world who sit on the floor, and dont have anything to eat? do you consider yourself higher than others?

i dont consider myself higher or lower than anyone. what proof do you have that sitting on the floor is better for consumption of food? it is much cheaper to have tables and chairs now than it was in past times realatively speaking. in my opinion people should stop looking backwards and look forwards instead. by all means sit on the floor and eat in your gurdwara in you wish. if people in our local gurdwara wish to sit on chairs and eat on tables then please let us do so in peace

i asked you first. i also never said that sitting on the floor is better for consumption of food. but you did say sitting on a chair is the 'optimum way'. you also said that we were told by our gurus to invent and embrace new technologies - well i would like proof of that too.

also, what is so backward about sitting on the floor? white converts to sikhi dont have a problem. moneh dont have a problem. people of different sizes/castes/religions dont have a problem. so why do you? also why do you waste money on tables and chairs again and again (you have to replace them for health and safety reasons each year) ? also please answer my other points. should we embrace dishwashers and catering companies?

it is sensible because that is the optimum way to consume food in comfort. all of this stuff that you talk about is not looking at the big picture. the guru's would want us to progress and embrace modern technologies and indeed invent them.

and your proof of that is? you have no evidence that sitting on a chair is better than sitting on the floor. according to your reasoning we should get industrial dishwashers for cleaning all the langar utensils and catering staff from a company to provide the food.

some people say that guru ji could have made lots of tables and chairs if he wanted, yes this is true. is it not also true that with all his powers and intelligence guru ji could have invented light bulbs, cars, speakers, microphones. i think yes, but it is something he chose not to do for that age and left it for other people to discover and use themselves. i say the same goes for mass produced cheap chairs and tables these days. it could also be said that perhaps guru ji thought the money and resources would be better spent on feeding the poor and spreading his message. people at home used to eat on the floor same as in the langar of those days, it was to force even the kings to sit on the floor which would have been a great gesture for them to have to do. we now all have chairs at home and work so this is not really an issue. of greater importance is the inequality in the caste system which so many so called "sikhs" have not abolished. it is not simple enough to do nothing, you must do something to abolish this

so wouldnt it be better to use the money to help the poor rather than buy tables and chairs? or donate the tables and chairs to charities and hostels for the less fortunate? it seems that people with your attitude have become like the pompous kings of our guru's time. also what about those in the developing world who sit on the floor, and dont have anything to eat? do you consider yourself higher than others?

i dont consider myself higher or lower than anyone. what proof do you have that sitting on the floor is better for consumption of food? it is much cheaper to have tables and chairs now than it was in past times realatively speaking. in my opinion people should stop looking backwards and look forwards instead. by all means sit on the floor and eat in your gurdwara in you wish. if people in our local gurdwara wish to sit on chairs and eat on tables then please let us do so in peace

i asked you first. i also never said that sitting on the floor is better for consumption of food. but you did say sitting on a chair is the 'optimum way'. you also said that we were told by our gurus to invent and embrace new technologies - well i would like proof of that too.

also, what is so backward about sitting on the floor? white converts to sikhi dont have a problem. moneh dont have a problem. people of different sizes/castes/religions dont have a problem. so why do you? also why do you waste money on tables and chairs again and again (you have to replace them for health and safety reasons each year) ? also please answer my other points.

i never said they told us, i said they would want us to. this is my opinion. you dont have to replace chairs for health and safetly reasons each year. wher did you get this from? ive had chairs in my premises for 28 years and their still perfectly safe. what points would you like answered? why waste money on carpets?

why waste money on toilet pans, did the gurus use toilet pans or squat on the floor outside? if you should use chairs or tables then you shouldnt use toilet pans and toilet paper.

do you agree that all gurdwaras should have some tables and chairs for the disabled or elderly?

well if your opinion is based on no solid fact then its just garbage. also health and safety legislation says that all chairs and tables should be checked and disposed of every year if they arent up to scratch. if you have had them for 28 years then its illegal as well as stupid.

also carpet is fair cheaper than tables and chairs. but even so we dont need carpet either.

why waste money on toilet pans, did the gurus use toilet pans or squat on the floor outside? if you should use chairs or tables then you shouldnt use toilet pans and toilet paper.

this isnt about what our gurus did. did i say it was? also i am not surprised you sit on a chair but dont use toilet paper. i hope you at least wash your hands before you start stuffing your face.

also, how is sitting on a chair the optimum way?

what is so backward about sitting on the floor?white converts to sikhi dont have a problem. moneh dont have a problem. people of different sizes/castes/religions dont have a problem.

should we embrace dishwashers and catering companies?

so wouldnt it be better to use the money to help the poor rather than buy tables and chairs? or donate the tables and chairs to charities and hostels for the less fortunate?

if you dont consider yourself higher than others, why do you act in that way? you can say what you want but you're judged on your actions.

do guests in your house cover their heads? why should what you do at home be reflected at the gurudwara?

well if your opinion is based on no solid fact then its just garbage. also health and safety legislation says that all chairs and tables should be checked and disposed of every year if they arent up to scratch. if you have had them for 28 years then its illegal as well as stupid.

also carpet is fair cheaper than tables and chairs. but even so we dont need carpet either.

this isnt about what our gurus did. did i say it was? also i am not surprised you sit on a chair but dont use toilet paper. i hope you at least wash your hands before you start stuffing your face.

also, how is sitting on a chair the optimum way?

what is so backward about sitting on the floor?white converts to sikhi dont have a problem. moneh dont have a problem. people of different sizes/castes/religions dont have a problem.

should we embrace dishwashers and catering companies?

so wouldnt it be better to use the money to help the poor rather than buy tables and chairs? or donate the tables and chairs to charities and hostels for the less fortunate?

if you dont consider yourself higher than others, why do you act in that way? you can say what you want but you're judged on your actions.

do guests in your house cover their heads? why should what you do at home be reflected at the gurudwara?

in what way do i act higher than others? i promote chairs and tables for everyone so everyone is equal.

it is the optimum way because it does not restrict your stomach which is what happens when you sit of the floor, the stomach gets compressed and continues to get more compressed as your reach forward to pick up food and drink.

donate the chairs or sell them if you wish to help the poor, will you also sell the carpets and toilet pans? will you also sell the fridges?

you should not use dishwashers because it is part of the process that sevadars do as well as serving the food the sevadars wash the dishes. however if you use fridges, electric knife sharpeners, freezers, electric blenders, spice grinders then in that case using dishwashers could be justified in some ways.

no one is saying that everything in the gurdwara should be the way it is at home, what i am saying is that most meals are eaten at home so if it is healthy enough to eat on a table and chairs at home then the health arguments should not be used for promoting the reason for sitting on the floor and eating.

anyone who wishes to sit on the floor should not be stopped, im not stopping anyone from sitting on the floor so why are you stopping people sitting on chairs.

you have not answered my questions:

do you agree that every gurdwara should have some tables and chairs for the disabled and elderly? yes or no - your choice

"also i am not surprised you sit on a chair but dont use toilet paper. i hope you at least wash your hands before you start stuffing your face."

can you clarify that point, i dont get what you mean.

fyi i wash and disinfect my hands always, my line of work ensures that i have to by law but it is also just good common sense so i pay very good attention to this.

you say that you want to sit on a chair, but what if someone wants to sit on the floor in your gurudwara? are they able to? your attitude is very arrogant, just read your posts.

it is the optimum way because it does not restrict your stomach which is what happens when you sit of the floor, the stomach gets compressed and continues to get more compressed as your reach forward to pick up food and drink.

and the real evidence that is bad is...? i could easily say that as we are eating the blood from other parts of the body is diverted to the digestive system. sitting on a chair requires a fair amount of energy to be used to pump blood to the feet and back, energy and blood which would be better used for digestion. therefore for your health and metabolism it is better to sit on the floor.

donate the chairs or sell them if you wish to help the poor, will you also sell the carpets and toilet pans? will you also sell the fridges?

as we have no holes in the ground, we cant sell the toilets. also there are no fridges in the langar hall. i was told everything is brought in relatively fresh or stored in a larder. also why are you going on about selling? is this a money making scheme for you in your gurudwara? i said donate the chairs and tables. seriously, for a sikh you need to get your priorities and outlook straight.

you should not use dishwashers because it is part of the process that sevadars do as well as serving the food the sevadars wash the dishes. however if you use fridges, electric knife sharpeners, freezers, electric blenders, spice grinders then in that case using dishwashers could be justified in some ways.

what about the sewa of giving out food and water? its much better if its done with people sitting on the floor. otherwise it just ends up looking like a wedding.

no one is saying that everything in the gurdwara should be the way it is at home, what i am saying is that most meals are eaten at home so if it is healthy enough to eat on a table and chairs at home then the health arguments should not be used for promoting the reason for sitting on the floor and eating.

well dont use the health argument then. you were going on about the 'optimum way'.

anyone who wishes to sit on the floor should not be stopped, im not stopping anyone from sitting on the floor so why are you stopping people sitting on chairs.

the question is: are people allowed to sit in your langar hall? is there space to do so?

if you should use chairs or tables then you shouldnt use toilet pans and toilet paper.

for someone in the top 1% of the population your pretty bad at english. your sentence above implies those who use chairs and tables should not use toilet paper.

should we embrace catering companies?

you say that you want to sit on a chair, but what if someone wants to sit on the floor in your gurudwara? are they able to? your attitude is very arrogant, just read your posts.

and the real evidence that is bad is...? i could easily say that as we are eating the blood from other parts of the body is diverted to the digestive system. sitting on a chair requires a fair amount of energy to be used to pump blood to the feet and back, energy and blood which would be better used for digestion. therefore for your health and metabolism it is better to sit on the floor.

as we have no holes in the ground, we cant sell the toilets. also there are no fridges in the langar hall. i was told everything is brought in relatively fresh or stored in a larder. also why are you going on about selling? is this a money making scheme for you in your gurudwara? i said donate the chairs and tables. seriously, for a sikh you need to get your priorities and outlook straight.

what about the sewa of giving out food and water? its much better if its done with people sitting on the floor. otherwise it just ends up looking like a wedding.

well dont use the health argument then. you were going on about the 'optimum way'.

the question is: are people allowed to sit in your langar hall? is there space to do so?

if you should use chairs or tables then you shouldnt use toilet pans and toilet paper.

for someone in the top 1% of the population your pretty bad at english. your sentence above implies those who use chairs and tables should not use toilet paper.

should we embrace catering companies?

im not arrogant, there is space for people to sit on the floor if they wish but ive never seen anyone do this, people just use the chairs and tables.

blood is not the requirement for disgestion at and just after the time of eating, this comes much later after food has been eaten. the main requirements are for the acids and enzymes to have enough room to do their job. the blood and muscles are required later in the digestion process and thats why its nice to have a walk after eating or lie down and have a sleep.

i didnt mean that you should only sell, you could donate directly or you could sell and donate the money. not everything is about money with me.

im entitled to use the health argument because those in favour of sitting on the floor used it in their justifications so i am entitled to use it to make my case.

it is not better if the food is served on the floor, it is better if it is served on a table. in many gurdwaras i have seen, the food is not "served" in that way. what i have seen is that people collect their own tray and walk past the sevadars who have the food in large containers and they ladle it into your tray, someone at the end also puts a roti on you tray. some other sevadars bring extra roti to your table and you can accept if you wish.

are you saying that you cant make a hole in the ground for the purposes of using it as a toilet? indoor or outdoor this must be possible but you choose not to for convenience!

there are fridges in the kitchens of all of the gurdwaras i have seen, this is for convenience, why do they use them? if you say no tables & no chairs then you also have to say no lightbulbs, no carpets, no toilets,, no fridges, no gas cookers, no printed books, no electric heated or gas heated water, no mains water pipe ( the water should be carried from a well or lake )

my english is perfectly fine, i simply made a typing error. it was supposed to say "shouldn't" dont criticise my spelling or grammar until your's is better.

you should not embrace catering companies, i never suggested this as a modern invention. it would require that the catering staff be paid but the work is supposed to be done for free as a service.

i will ask again since you ignored it 3 times:

do you agree that all gurdwaras should have tables/chairs for the disabled or elderly?

im not arrogant, there is space for people to sit on the floor if they wish but ive never seen anyone do this, people just use the chairs and tables.

yes you are. and i somehow doubt there is reasonable space for anyone to sit on the floor. especially when people like you look down on them if they do.

blood is not the requirement for disgestion at and just after the time of eating, this comes much later after food has been eaten. the main requirements are for the acids and enzymes to have enough room to do their job. the blood and muscles are required later in the digestion process and thats why its nice to have a walk after eating or lie down and have a sleep.

sitting on the floor does not affect the 'room' needed in the stomach. if you are obese there may be discomfort whilst eating on the floor, but thats your problem. also walking and lying down are not recommended later in digestion.

i didnt mean that you should only sell, you could donate directly or you could sell and donate the money. not everything is about money with me.

once again you say something about yourself but the other things you put across contradict it.

im entitled to use the health argument because those in favour of sitting on the floor used it in their justifications so i am entitled to use it to make my case.

and you have no proof. just like most of your points. so are you or are you not using the health argument? you should stop being a hypocrite.

it is not better if the food is served on the floor, it is better if it is served on a table. in many gurdwaras i have seen, the food is not "served" in that way. what i have seen is that people collect their own tray and walk past the sevadars who have the food in large containers and they ladle it into your tray, someone at the end also puts a roti on you tray. some other sevadars bring extra roti to your table and you can accept if you wish.

like a work canteen then? or a cafeteria? nice to know where sikhi ranks in your life.

are you saying that you cant make a hole in the ground for the purposes of using it as a toilet? indoor or outdoor this must be possible but you choose not to for convenience!

in east punjab they have proper toilets in houses now and some gurudwara have them. but no tables or chairs in the langar hall. so should we hire catering staff or set up businesses in the gurudwara?

there are fridges in the kitchens of all of the gurdwaras i have seen, this is for convenience, why do they use them? if you say no tables & no chairs then you also have to say no lightbulbs, no carpets, no toilets,, no fridges, no gas cookers, no printed books, no electric heated or gas heated water, no mains water pipe ( the water should be carried from a well or lake )

why should we? like i said not all gurudwaras have fridges. why no carpets? they were there is some of the oldest gurudwaras. since when was langar about convenience? is it just a fast food place for you? there is nothing convenient about the things you mentioned. its just that there are no alternatives. but we can still sit on the floor.

my english is perfectly fine, i simply made a typing error. it was supposed to say "shouldn't" dont criticise my spelling or grammar until your's is better.

it is. i'm more intelligent than you anyway, so stop crying.

you should not embrace catering companies, i never suggested this as a modern invention. it would require that the catering staff be paid but the work is supposed to be done for free as a service.

so is langar. so stop changing things to make it easier on your fat <banned word filter activated> and just be greatful. but you wont, as your so 'high and mighty' (and just because you deny it doesnt mean its not true).

i will ask again since you ignored it 3 times:

do you agree that all gurdwaras should have tables/chairs for the disabled or elderly?

i never ignored it. you only asked once, and you placed your question in your post after i had responded to it. tables and chairs for the elderly and disabled? well firstly, disability is a wide description so in most cases they can sit on the same level as anyone else. as for the elderly, they are able to sit on the floor in front of the SGGS ji, so why not in the langar hall?

"why should we? like i said not all gurudwaras have fridges. why no carpets? they were there is some of the oldest gurudwaras. since when was langar about convenience? is it just a fast food place for you? there is nothing convenient about the things you mentioned. its just that there are no alternatives. but we can still sit on the floor. "

of course there alternatives! candles? written books instead of printed books? there are alternatives to using toilets so hwy do you use them? you do everything that is convenient to you and then choose the easiest thing (sitting on hte floor) to enforce onto others. stop dictating to people and let them make their own choices.

there is plenty of space for anyone to sit on the floor if they wish.

sitting on the floor does reduce the room in the stomach

i will use the health argument if other people use it in their arguments.

you have no proof that sitting on the floor is better for health.

why do you use toilets in your gurdwara?

you are not more intelligent than me, it is simply another area in which you are mistaken. you are no true sikh, you are a hypocrite.

of course there alternatives! candles? written books instead of printed books? there are alternatives to using toilets so hwy do you use them? you do everything that is convenient to you and then choose the easiest thing (sitting on hte floor) to enforce onto others. stop dictating to people and let them make their own choices.

is there a difference between candles and light bulbs? no.

is there a difference between hand written or printed books? no.

is there a difference between a hole in the ground and a toilet? not quite.

is there a difference between sitting on the floor and sitting at a table? YES!

if its too hard for you to sit on the floor, lose some weight. seriously the panth is in tatters thanks to so called intellectuals like 'geo the tubby singh'.

there is plenty of space for anyone to sit on the floor if they wish.

yeah, for some reason i dont think anyone believes you.

sitting on the floor does reduce the room in the stomach

yeah if you are obese. if you sit upright, and are fit, then no.

i will use the health argument if other people use it in their arguments.

still doesnt mean your right. and i never used that argument, but you did.

you have no proof that sitting on the floor is better for health.

never said it is. but you have no evidence either and your logic is weak.

why do you use toilets in your gurdwara?

i dont.

you are not more intelligent than me, it is simply another area in which you are mistaken. you are no true sikh, you are a hypocrite.

ooooh so clever, saying to me exactly what i said to you first. what a sign of intelligence! lol, i am more intelligent, so dont worry about it (worry about trying to lose some weight for your health eh?).